Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I Haven't been able to keep up lately due to work commitments, has this one been discussed-:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2875923/?Cr=7

Some paint issues but priced right IMO

It was discussed in relation to the badly patched seats.

That's a converted USA spec car as well. No wonder the dash top doesn't match the rest of the car.

The cheapest 911 on the market perhaps.

This takes the cake.

Getting mucked around by would be seller after travelling interstate to view car. And then being threatened with violence if I said anything disparaging about his car or himself.

I flew in fri night for a pre arranged early sat viewing. A few unanswered calls sat morning and I'm concerned. Finally contact with a time to view at midday pending a call. No call no contact..

Finally a SMS saying fell asleep. By this time my patience is done and my suspicion growing.

I run out of time to view car and then the abuse starts followed by open threat if I post.

All I can say is tread carefully with black 996 turbos with red interior

This takes the cake.

Getting mucked around by would be seller after travelling interstate to view car. And then being threatened with violence if I said anything disparaging about his car or himself.

I flew in fri night for a pre arranged early sat viewing. A few unanswered calls sat morning and I'm concerned. Finally contact with a time to view at midday pending a call. No call no contact..

Finally a SMS saying fell asleep. By this time my patience is done and my suspicion growing.

I run out of time to view car and then the abuse starts followed by open threat if I post.

Sorry...new to forum! Dont know what I pressed to put my name above hughesy's comment.

Whilst on the subject of sellers. I emailed the guy with the black on black 993s 45kms (no phone number provided) just to pay compliment to the car, organise a look and leave my details in case he didnt achieve his price. He informed me there were two guys fighting over it and that, unlike me, wasted no time getting onto it! That was last Tuesday and its still on carsales! I just wanted to confirm the cars specs and decide based on feedback on the forum, how much I would pay...I would picture it much easier to walk into a Porsche dealer and order a 991 for near the same money...

This takes the cake.

What a waste of time ...... its been for sale for a while too 

sorry to hear 

Sorry...new to forum! Dont know what I pressed to put my name above hughesy's comment.

Whilst on the subject of sellers. I emailed the guy with the black on black 993s 45kms (no phone number provided) just to pay compliment to the car, organise a look and leave my details in case he didnt achieve his price. He informed me there were two guys fighting over it and that, unlike me, wasted no time getting onto it! That was last Tuesday and its still on carsales! I just wanted to confirm the cars specs and decide based on feedback on the forum, how much I would pay...I would picture it much easier to walk into a Porsche dealer and order a 991 for near the same money...

Very ordinary behaviour.

What a strangely worded ad

Does the arena red 4s come as part of the deal? If not, why on earth do I see photos of it?

'Just the facts ma'am'

We should start a competition to see which ad mentions 'air cooled Porsches are going up' the most times.

Seriously, anyone looking for a sub 50k 911 to make theirs should be onto this - 20k is peanuts. Transport from WA enclosed for less than 1k, no brainer! 

Fraz? Could be a really cool base for a modified 911....................thinking I should buy it on principle. 

This looks like a scam . The original advert had a number

Seriously, anyone looking for a sub 50k 911 to make theirs should be onto this - 20k is peanuts. Transport from WA enclosed for less than 1k, no brainer!

Fraz? Could be a really cool base for a modified 911....................thinking I should buy it on principle.