Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Dutton's have a stunning red 1973 rs in their front window at the moment.

Any one willing to guess how much they want for it?

Not on their website yet. I did not go in and ask.

One million plus I would expect

im selling 20 shares in this thing - interested

why not...lotto syndicates surely there's a market for an RS syndicate least this ways you could occasionally drive it rather than watch it in your SMSF

I was a sharecropper in my last life...some say crak head

No they wont because they aren't iconic and quaint enough! No VW heritage you see,

I'm gradually buying up all stock and stacking them in a barn. They'll make useful parts cars in the unlikely scenario mine breaks down or needs repair.

Is it still a barn find if they are in your barn?

I'm one step ahead always. The barn belongs to a mate of a mate who will statistically be dead in 20 years but has already willed the contents to me.

I the words of a famous military commander - "I love it when a plan comes together."

the 928 was capable of easily out-accelerating every version of the 911 sold during its lifetime except the 964 generation 911 Turbo, a car difficult to extract the most from in track situations. In addition, the 928's predictable handling, aided by its superior 50/50 weight distribution, made it a competent on-track match for the 911 in nearly any real-world situation.

Not any any road test that I could find.

the 928 was capable of easily out-accelerating every version of the 911 sold during its lifetime except the 964 generation 911 Turbo, a car difficult to extract the most from in track situations. In addition, the 928's predictable handling, aided by its superior 50/50 weight distribution, made it a competent on-track match for the 911 in nearly any real-world situation.

Not any any road test that I could find.

Come on down  :D Mine's got the power to weight of a 964 turbo 3.3 and goes round corners using one hand.

Some raw unqualified data here http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/porsche-0-60-mph-times/ 

"Out accelerating" is a term which can be twisted many ways. Usain Bolt is not the fastest accelerating 100 or 200m runner in the world... 0-60 times are for me , for the drags. Other scenarios are race tracks and autobahns , or ordinary overtaking (when you want the car to be stable , not floaty :( )

Someone should test 160-250km/hr times to see who runs outta puff! Where's a convenient runway?

Gearing blah blah blah tuning blah blah blah

mike list it for a price youd be happy to sell it for - and or once besiegied by calls jack the price up 15% every seocnd hour till it sells

you selling to invest heavily in the teener - GT clone with fat motor?

mike list it for a price youd be happy to sell it for - and or once besiegied by calls jack the price up 15% every seocnd hour till it sells

you selling to invest heavily in the teener - GT clone with fat motor?

ha ha

no, not the 914... though I am enjoying that car a lot.. going to try and convert to a sideshift... it's fully regoed and a lot of fun.