Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Price for the targa is amazing isn't it...

I'm going to be listing my 90 964 tiptronic Coupe in a couple of weeks.

The car will be totally stock.. 

Aus delivered

162000kms...

Not sure what I should ask for it.. any ideas ???

Aren't you a professional car salesman?

So my day job is as a commercial property agent. When markets are red hot, we strongly recommend sellers sell through auction, or tender or 'offers to purchase'. The latter involves interested parties submitting their best offer before a close date. With 911 prices doing what they're doing. why wouldn't people sell through this method rather than lose out on thousands or sit idle for months they've overshot with a guesstimate asking price? 

For example:  "I'm selling my XXXXX porsche 911, it has XXX features, you have two weeks to organise a PPI and then on the XX day of XX month 2015, I will be selling to highest unconditional bidder." 

When prices are so dynamic, how can you realistically put a price on your prize possession?

I noticed a bit of Targa talk on here. Anyone interested, Alex Holland Classic has a Guards Red one. 1984 Aus delivered, 180k kms and asking $59k. Not sure but I thought I read a Targa went quite quickly for $90k, makes this one look cheap...or is this a case of what I have been experiencing in the hunt for a 993. Sellers 'feeling' the market, then removing the car from the market and we assume the cars are selling. If a Targa sold for $90k, would Alex Holland be sitting on this car for two or three months @ $59k?

Ok, I'll bite.

Let's say an exceptional aus del C2 man could fetch 90k (silly money I know but wouldn't surprise me).

Mike, would you call your car mint? (Maybe less 5/10%?)

I know you have done some work yourself to the car, serious buyers may discount this due to not being with a reputable mech etc?

Less tip tax (10-15k?)

Not a bad colour combo but not necessarily highly desirable?

I'd say 60-65k would be my take on things.

^^ paid $57k  for a 1990 manual C4 with 192,000kms a month or so ago, but I know I got a good deal. 8/10 body and 9/10 interior. 2 offers of $75k were made I have since heard, but luckily the seller was an honorable gent. Turns out the car has sat for a while  so needed a few electrical components replaced + other small complications from general lack of recent care. Approx $4k of additional costs to fix, so the car owes me just over $60k. Last Aussi delivered C4 went for $74k, so I think the $70-$75k mark is about right for a highish kms Aussi delivered C4. 

C2 - has to be $90k - I agree with Hugh

I agree mechanical may be a concern to some, but these cars are now so rare you expect to spend some cash to bring them up to scratch (my recent experience - $4k - $12k), so I don't think this will affect things a great deal, and if your work is good  - nothing extra to pay..

Actually love the colour - would prefer it over my red one any day

For me it is down to the 'tip' factor.Does this have a similar affect as the four-wheel  drive and you have a $70-$75K car, or does it have a greater affect?

The reality is that you will have the only 964 coupe on line at the moment to i would get it online asap. Can you put something like - offers over $70k, and see what the market brings you..

912 on Carsales listed last night.

Has non matching 1800 as spare engine

Currently running........ Buick 3.4L v6 turbo. Allegedly goes ballistic.

Radiator plumbed to front bar, hence the RS bumper.

Delivered to Aus 6 weeks ago.

Reckon $38k is fair?

Reckon $38k is fair?

The issue isn't whether 38k is fair

The issue is state of body work - accident and rust - and how the Buick was installed - I suspect as it's never even regoed in Australia there's an engineering issue associated here also

I know someone who checked it out and who knows early cars - he walked away

Rust and paint blistering ...

Is 38k fair ??? No

poor mans RUFF or RUFF trade ?

Reckon $38k is fair?

paying 38k for a buick V6 anything is never fair

only exception being a GNX

Price for the targa is amazing isn't it...

I'm going to be listing my 90 964 tiptronic Coupe in a couple of weeks.

The car will be totally stock..

Aus delivered

162000kms...

Not sure what I should ask for it.. any ideas ???

DSC01849_zps9184e403.jpg

Spotted your car on carsales MIke, now gone. Quick sale ?

no, not sold... have a fella wanting to arrange an inspection... 

I created the advert, but didnt have photos ready.. I thought I could just "save" before publishing (like on ebay) but no..

It was online for 2 minutes before the phone rang...

I pulled it down with the intent of taking proper photos next weekend.. but now that he is organising inspection, figured I may as well re-list it.

I dont think it will sell fast. I listed first at $65 but there are some issues that need painting so I lowered it to $60.

The car has been put back to totally stock.

no, not sold... have a fella wanting to arrange an inspection... 

I created the advert, but didnt have photos ready.. I thought I could just "save" before publishing (like on ebay) but no..

It was online for 2 minutes before the phone rang...

I pulled it down with the intent of taking proper photos next weekend.. but now that he is organising inspection, figured I may as well re-list it.

I dont think it will sell fast. I listed first at $65 but there are some issues that need painting so I lowered it to $60.

The car has been put back to totally stock.

the car is still up on Carpoint