Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

There doesn't seem to be anything obvious that would suggest it isn't genuine. I'd ask why the Carerra badge is missing. Aesthetics, badged, or because of a respray. Linen coloured interior in an Aus delivered car seems to be very rare. I don't think I've ever seen it before. Seen plenty from the UK though in linen. Could have been special order though. I'm pretty sure those gills were a "special wishes" option also. Not my taste that's for sure. I think this car caters to a very small market though. You'd be paying a $15-20k premium just for those low kms. And you're edging into 930 and 993 territory. Just my opinion though which doesn't mean you shouldn't be interested. Particularly if you're looking for a concourse condition car as they don't come up for sale very often.

I have seen 'special wishes' cars with the vents on US sites. The vents are from the flat-nose Porsches and seem to have been the rage in the Testarossa era. I would say the entire car is a special order and nothing in the ad makes me think that it is anything but what it says it is.

I really like it, funny vents and all. $73k will likely be a bridge too far for many.

Odd, it has an S engine cover. The split grill. Am I missing something, or is this a really cheap manual s?

T-man??? Wasser???? Chris993????

Don't get too excited Chris.

Just a standard narrow body with S grill.

Its been posted before, but I'm in love with this right now - not sure about the estimated price range tho. Especially if that 'oil leak' needs engine work or something...

but wow it makes me heart go pitter patter :wub: ... all the way to the garage where I'd be sleeping if I was to purchase this vehicle!

oh dear...  the color, cookie cutters, houndstooth seat inserts (not a Targa but who cares)!!

1977-porsche-911-coupe.jpg

I like the colour, shame it isn't in VIC, isn't a manual, doesn't have air-con and has engine issues.  Not that I am picky or anything.

Anyone have thoughts on this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-C4-1990-Model-All-Wheel-Drive-/171220323142?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27dd86cb46&_uhb=1

i know Andre who owns the sporto in QLD - was an ex canberra car till approx 12 months ago. He's been straightforward and the car is not as 'dire' as his straightforward description. Needs work price reflects it. But is a driver , great colour and cool that the sporto remains.

Btw i have no interest in the sale :)

I like the colour, shame it isn't in VIC, isn't a manual, doesn't have air-con and has engine issues.  Not that I am picky or anything.

Anyone have thoughts on this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-C4-1990-Model-All-Wheel-Drive-/171220323142?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27dd86cb46&_uhb=1

Well as for the 964.. might be ok, but a PPI would be necessary on a car like this.  Could be a cheap 964 if you want a Cab and don't mind the C4 part too. Nice color. 

i know Andre who owns the sporto in QLD - was an ex canberra car till approx 12 months ago. He's been straightforward and the car is not as 'dire' as his straightforward description. Needs work price reflects it. But is a driver , great colour and cool that the sporto remains.

I'm thinking of having a look at the Sporto tomorrow.

However, after a quick chat with Andre, I get the impression it needs the heads off... somehow, I don't think it is just a "tune"... if it was, surely he would get that done?? Only spoke to him for a couple of minutes but if the weather is good, I'm on my way.... Aren't these the models known for pulling head studs due to running hotter to meet emmissions?

I think they pull head studs because of the difference of material between the heads and case. The 2.7/2.8 is about the limit of a magnesium case. The emissions stuff normally means a 5 blade fan and EGR pump I think (and the 'Australian delivered' standard is having the 11 blade fan)

If you're taking the heads off a 2.7 count on rebuilding it. The head studs and heads themselves are best left alone, they're going to leak oil though.

if it's only got CIS issues there was a full CIS setup on ebay last week for $400, and it could just be all the Bakelite seals which means loss of pressure (which makes CIS not work properly) and poor idle. Could also be the fuel distributor but it's about $600 to get one rebuilt. Injectors are easy to find too (I think I might have a few spare)

Interesting that in the photo the temperature gauge is at extreme levels and the red light is on! :o It seems to be running (1100 rpm with decent oil pressure for idle) It might be a temp sender issue (as the temp sender for a sportomatic is on the gearbox and as the torque converter never fully locks up it's always going to be hot - I moved mine from the gearbox back to the original spot on the engine for that reason) but mine personally never got that high even idling

I can vouch for this too after talking to someone else who knows the car

the rust on the oil return tubes and engine crossmember is enough to put anyone off though - been driven on salted roads I wonder

My thoughts also ; where does a ground up resto actually start? It's a US car no doubt and I'd put money on rust in the body somewhere.