Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

pfffffttt! Air-cooled running gear.... 

http://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cup-cars/704285-69-gt3-cup.html

if eveythjng I love about the 911 was rolled into one car this has to be it! ^^ 

Edgy

So there I am  about to go buy a GT3 or another turbo and its bloody posts like this that start that whole circular dialogue again.. the best of every thing Hmmmm

Its a 356 , 930 , GT3 and My TT individually wrapped or something like that I guess for me, a degustation style build 

:) 

The fried eggs are easily fixed with a new set of more modern headlights tho ;)

that would be 'forward dating' Amanda...go wash your mouth out with some hi grade engine oil

:o Well knock on wood nothing went wrong the whole trip back and hopefully nothing will come up tomorrow. 

hopefully yours had a bit more frequent and recent driving. I am averaging $8000 spend within 7 days having picked up my aircooled transport. All fixed now though :) 

Edgy

So there I am  about to go buy a GT3 or another turbo and its bloody posts like this that start that whole circular dialogue again.. the best of every thing Hmmmm

Its a 356 , 930 , GT3 and My TT individually wrapped or something like that I guess for me, a degustation style build 

thats what I want to build!

Edited by turboT

Just wanted to say thanks Coastr :D

Picked it up last night and drove it all the way to Sydney.

Let the project begin!

cool!  I look forward to seeing what happens!

i hope you were happy with a description of 'seems tidy'?

mike - you were parked right in front of him, should have checked it out then and there.

hopefully yours had a bit more frequent and recent driving. I am averaging $8000 spend within 7 days having picked up my aircooled transport. All fixed now though :) 

Yeah the car was well loved by the previous owners.

cool!  I look forward to seeing what happens!

i hope you were happy with a description of 'seems tidy'?

mike - you were parked right in front of him, should have checked it out then and there.

Once again Thanks Coastr.

It is pretty tidy but does need some cosmetic work inside and out.

So why is this still for sale?  At $27k surely its priced well with its aging paint and aging interior?  Is this the same color as JBs SC in Melbourne, anyone know?  And the 'its a targa' doesnt really explain it anymore.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2875923/?Cr=2

cp5436586908392443373.jpg?height=700&asp

converted LHD, color, targa, ratty interior, ratty sticker

Edit: also, heat removed

That looks like a gold Targa that was for sale here in Adelaide a coupla years ago. Bit of a rust monster from memory

it has been advertised before.  I remember the weird repairs on the seats and the ratty sticker in the back window.  The car has an air of 'that'll do' about it.

Wow when did 996 Turbos hit $125k?  Last time I looked a good one was $80 - 90k

Yeah there were a couple posts about this a few pages back (I only remember because I put it up :))... Consensus seemed to be they have't really hit $125k...  ;) Will be interesting to see whether this one sells at that price though or hangs around and starts to drop... Does look fantastic, and super low k's.

Yeah there were a couple posts about this a few pages back (I only remember because I put it up :))... Consensus seemed to be they have't really hit $125k...  ;) Will be interesting to see whether this one sells at that price though or hangs around and starts to drop... Does look fantastic, and super low k's.

i've never seen a late model, super low mileage example 996 turbo for 80-90k so would expect one like this to be at the higher end. Whether that high end is 125k who knows??? Agree with JWM it looks fantastic - i'm finding them more and more appealing. Want!

Edgy

Glad to be of service mate! ? 

It would be a HELL of a car! That's what I REALLY want in life.... ?

thats what I want to build!

please do it.... But it has radiators, hope that's okay with you mate. ?

cp5463736829116130408.jpg?height=700&aspWow when did 996 Turbos hit $125k?  Last time I looked a good one was $80 - 90k

I have been watching them and only in the last months an import sold for 71-73  - 2004 ,  A 44Kms Aus car under 90k …  I dont see them on the rise from my perspective , I dont think they possibly have hit there low , i have a friend in the trade and there are literally heaps around with a 20-30K  spread.. I guess if its a Minter or to drive  for a couple fo years , or as I was looking at cheapest to consider doing some track work..

converted LHD, color, 

Edit: also, heat removed

They forgot to convert the color to colour :P

So they left out all the heating bits when it went to RHD , or have they just not finished the backdated heating pathway?

For rego here,  you need to have a functional windscreen demister .