Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

duttons discovers online advertising - things must be desperate 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-12101436&Cr=1

auction clearances fall and Duttons put prices on their cars. The world is fucked

hiw is that yellow 76 worth $60k more than this one ? I should send my 993 to f40 to sell :)

Edited by ByronBayChris

hiw is that yellow 76 worth $60k more than this one ? I should send my 993 to f40 to sell :)

apparently even f40's auction house is struggling

With the 'year of the cab' fast approaching its time to off load coupes gents. Once your average Aussi male catches onto the fact that a cab is essentially a ute the market will be saturated with tradies flush with cash from flogging multi res to the Chinese. Next SMT at Bunnings

Seems like a reasonable price , despite stone chips etc

Doesnt it beg to ask the question , what your looking forward too.. hasnt been rebuilt.. probably means your up for your 20k rebuild/reseal, clutch, tensioners etc etc , sooner rather than later .. and some ..

At 135k wouldnt you want to know thats this stuff is done.. fair enough its original, but a good buy?   I wont say investement at that price?

discussed a few pages back tomo (thought you left us?). Likely a converted import with suss mileage - $250k is laughable

the 930 to nab at the moment

Now here is something we haven't seen for the past 18 months ..... PRICE DROP!

Is this the start of something???

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1983/OAG-AD-10245534/?Cr=159

looks like they sold their other SC - wonder if they got the $95k for that one?

discussed a few pages back tomo (thought you left us?). Likely a converted import with suss mileage - $250k is laughable

the 930 to nab at the moment

looks like they sold their other SC - wonder if they got the $95k for that one?

Or perhaps wrapped it up in a box to bring out in late decemeber for an additional 25k… yes feeling skeptical today .. bring on the post holiday credot card bills and the 2016 prices.. hopefully not year of the Cab

How things have changed ,when the pam  and I first got to gether (40 years ago) we paid $17000.for our house, And I think the wages were about $250.00 B/Tax and worked as a powder monkey at the time.:D   

Doesnt it beg to ask the question , what your looking forward too.. hasnt been rebuilt.. probably means your up for your 20k rebuild/reseal, clutch, tensioners etc etc , sooner rather than later .. and some ..

At 135k wouldnt you want to know thats this stuff is done.. fair enough its original, but a good buy?   I wont say investement at that price?

"Never restored" is the new collectable , seriously.

Often discussed in classic car circles.

That car is vastly overpriced.

Did this just go up?

Must be now inclusive of GST. Some old Canberra gent topping up his super before early retirement no doubt.

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1993-Porsche-911-Carrera-2-964/SSE-AD-3660730

WTF...it's November  

Has anyone seen the RSR recreation at CTS in the flesh?  I'd have to change those seats!

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic1.html

I might take a trip down to have a look but I'd be interested to hear others observations. 

it's 210k???

Edited by michel

To an astute investor no doubt. Good on him or her, buying at the "right time".

Tazzie , it was said that I took over your mad commentary position whilst you were away , so my take is ...

And happy for you to have the position back as cheif Philosopher and GURU :)

We aint mad I say , I reckon the worlds gone made 

Investing in a Bull market that might be turning , now if we could write options on these cars , I might call that investing.

Watch out for the BULL , im not sure there is a right time when it stares you in the face , run away , close the gate big decisions .. 135k 3.2 thats a big decision..

Maybe there is a further metaphor in the red car and the bull

I guess we all laugh at the guy walking down the street in the lime green Louis V jacket and the purple Gucci loafers and maybe think he has taste in his arse , but then again , maybe hes just happy. He thinks he bought vintage clothing that looks cool that will appreciate 

Nearly  Porsche  but love the copy in this ad

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Karmann-Ghia-1961/SSE-AD-3668223/?Cr=2

Issues: The original clock does not work (it is 6v, car is 12v); the retro fitted oil temp gauge does not work; heater boxes are kaput; some minor scratches on the paintwork which are hard to see unless you really look for them; it would appear a previous owner cut out the 'D' pillars, the top of the front bulkhead, very bottom of the rear wheel arches and replaced with fibreglass(?) albeit you would not know without a magnet; the fuel gauge is a thieving liar (always carry a spare 5l jerry can); the 'D' ring on the steering wheel is not connected to the horn, which is operated by a separate switch; and general ailments of a motor vehicle of an age which if it was a human would be eligible for half-price public transport. All that said, these are minor issues of an otherwise very good motor vehicle. There are two safety features: front seat belts. Due to city living and work/study I have hardly driven this vehicle for the time I've had stewardship of it. New motor would have less than 5000km on it at absolute most. It is completely impractical except for driving for driving's sake. You'll sit low, smell the fuel, feel every bump, become one with the machine with and wear an endless grin on your face.