Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Pretty sure this has been posted before. Still for sale. Am I missing something or is this not a really fair price?

1983-911_zpsynhcrev3.jpg

1983 ZAG Build

I think it's awesome. I'd love to have something like that in the shed. Would make an incredibly fun SMT and track day car, just needs a clear film kit beforehand to protect the lovely paint work. Just a shame they didn't delete the sunroof. Someone buy it.

Edited by spiller

Pretty sure this has been posted before. Still for sale. Am I missing something or is this not a really fair price?

1983-911_zpsynhcrev3.jpg

1983 ZAG Build

That one has recent heritage for nearly wiping out the ZAG family ;) 

It is tempting. I could do with a bit more  bright work, and not in love with the colour, but could be a great car to own as a daily and slowly modify to your own taste. 

The thing about having 'original' cars is that it always leaves room in the garage for something a bit dirty..,

price is very attractive as you just know you are getting value

1983 ZAG Build

I think she's worth a look mate. I don't think its a bad deal at all, it's got a built motor with some good gadgetry added like the 3.2 heads, PMO carbs & MSD ignition, nice body & paint from what I can tell and nice looking interior. Solid basis to personalise on! 

Priced well for how we use them anyway ;) Guilt free motoring :D 

I understand it took off in reverse with no driver, taking with it  the 'zag', with a prospective buyer jumping behind to try and slow it. Took out a few workshop items, the driver door etc and lodges up against a big heavy shelf.  

Sounding very benny hill luckily no one seriously hurt 

the only thing I don't like are the black headlight rings. They need to be chrome. They never came black on the real RSRs did they?

From what i could find it looks like the factory cars were chrome and some independent teams painted them to match the racing colors

As discussed earlier, Blast from the past...............

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-930-1982/OAG-AD-12255230/?Cr=0

This is the one we were discussing only a week or so ago? Was advertised for 125K then?

My dad has one in the same year, same colour but with blue/tan interior, UK import in RHD with non standard wheels (RUF), modified intercooler and a muffler. The car is a good driver. He's thinking about selling, what's it worth? 

Edited by spiller

Semi back at work but made time to head out to CTS to have a chat about consignment as I'm pretty certain dealing with carsales will just give me the shits. Surprisingly easy:

1. Tell them what you want for it

2. They either agree/disagree based on whether they can sell it for more 

3. Anything over what you agree they take as their cut

4. Currently no charge to stick your car in their showroom as p-cars are moving so quickly

I know what we agreed today was a fair price, so trying to see the downside. 

PFA member has first dibs, but if it doesn't work out there might be a red 1990 964 4 at CTS in the near future

Semi back at work but made time to head out to CTS to have a chat about consignment as I'm pretty certain dealing with carsales will just give me the shits. Surprisingly easy:

1. Tell them what you want for it

2. They either agree/disagree based on whether they can sell it for more 

3. Anything over what you agree they take as their cut

4. Currently no charge to stick your car in their showroom as p-cars are moving so quickly

I know what we agreed today was a fair price, so trying to see the downside. 

PFA member has first dibs, but if it doesn't work out there might be a red 1990 964 4 at CTS in the near future

No downside if it doesn't cost you anything .... Go for it.

Just make sure you agree on paper to a figure that you are happy with, not just a figure they give as an indication or tell you "that is what it's worth" .... I know you know the Porsche market .....  just putting it out there.

GLWS!

No downside if it doesn't cost you anything .... Go for it.

Just make sure you agree on paper to a figure that you are happy with, not just a figure they give as an indication or tell you "that is what it's worth" .... I know you know the Porsche market .....  just putting it out there.

GLWS!

hoping it stays within the PFA family, but seems like a good back up plan.