Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hi all, been away for a while.

No link but I have a word of mouth possible sale on the cards.

1966 912 SWB. Aus. delivered total resto in '92 then parked for 20years.

Resto included 'off white' paint job (original colour is 'Slate Grey'), powder coating tinware, full leather tan & black interior amongst other things.

Matching numbers & apparently the 57th RHD 912 ever made.

Looking for about $35K

I will be inspecting the car on Friday & will take pic's to post here.

Any thoughts?

IF .. and if the body is solid, the car is correct and complete, the interior  good and mechanicals not a disaster, 35K is not unreasonable. Otherwise anything north of 25k, unless it is very poor under that off white paint.

ironically if 3 guage worth a bit more, worth even more if painted dash, more again if specced with factory sunroof - the inverse of early 911

For anyone looking for, Orig, oz delivered longhoods (911 or 912) this makes good sense. There was never that many delivered in the first instance and reaonable to good condition cars sitting in sheds even less of em.

9er. I hear what you are saying.

I guess the seller means the 1st non-Karmen 912.

Vin is 350557.

I take back my previous comment.

VIN shows it to be a very early car of pre August 1965 manufacture.

Mine is 350696 and was one of the first Delivered to Australia.

So numbers would suggest this to be in that delivery shipment to Australia of (September 1965)

It should be a 3 gauge painted dash.

By all means PM me and maybe I can give you some "live help" when you go to see it?

I may or may not have mentioned this earlier but he claims he paid 17k for it in 92 then spent another 15k on it. Break even point for him would have to be around the 50k mark in today's dollars.

But claims are claims until I see the car.

This has dropped in price,  I like it and find it rather appealing.. especially with the mini lite styled rims on it

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2448664/?Cr=13&sdmvc=1

And I love this too... surprise surprise - needs a few interior things done to it.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2499524/?Cr=9&sdmvc=1

I was going to bump the burgundy 1970E the other day, when I noticed the drop to 33k.

That colour just works love it!! Has he removed the commenrs in regards to rust....

Appeared to be good value at 40k but did not sell. Now dropped to 33k and still not selling. All I will say is unfortunately the photos do not represent the reasons for this (does'nt help that the better images of the car are also several years old <_<). 

I have been speaking with the owner of this car. I also spoke to the person who did the PPI for another purchaser. 

That purchaser walked away....and at a much lower price point too.

I don't want to rag on someone elses car but it was pretty scary talking to the mechanic. And he isnt a nobody either.. he is one of the premier independant shop owners in melbourne.

too much going against it... which is a shame cos i really like it.