Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

From what I can see they are already advertised for $200k plus in 2016??

my point being that 200k plus prices might be realistic in 2050, but in 2016???? Seriously, i looked at a bunch of really great 6.2GT3's a little over 12 months ago and the going rate was 100 to 120k. why the sudden rise of 100% plus in 12 months? i guess p-cars are an emotive purchase and not a rationale purchase and when emotion is involved i guess anything is possible.

I feel sorry for the winner of this auction ....

Probably won't have done their homework and is going to get stuck with ???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-Convertible-911-Carrera-/252265951071?hash=item3abc38ef5f:g:Ho8AAOSwuYVWpfF7

Quite cagey on details and VIN tells us its not an original ..... oh yeah ..... and only 24,000 original miles.

I feel sorry for the winner of this auction ....

Probably won't have done their homework and is going to get stuck with ???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-Convertible-911-Carrera-/252265951071?hash=item3abc38ef5f:g:Ho8AAOSwuYVWpfF7

Quite cagey on details and VIN tells us its not an original ..... oh yeah ..... and only 24,000 original miles.

YOTC...and 'returns excepted.' Get biddin'

Miles...kilometres...it doesn't seem to matter when you advertise a high end sports car these days.

Wheel arch bling ; ya don't see that every day

YOTC...and 'returns excepted.' Get biddin'

Ahhh well .... If returns are accepted, that puts a new spin on things ....

BTW .... if it only has 24,000 miles, why would one feel the need to change the wheels? 

Surely you could put up with those "old" Fuchs for longer than that??

my point being that 200k plus prices might be realistic in 2050, but in 2016???? Seriously, i looked at a bunch of really great 6.2GT3's a little over 12 months ago and the going rate was 100 to 120k. why the sudden rise of 100% plus in 12 months? i guess p-cars are an emotive purchase and not a rationale purchase and when emotion is involved i guess anything is possible.

never was a truer word spoken! And those gt3s sat for sale for months. But now they are "such good value" at 200k???? Where were all the buyers 12 months ago?

maybe it is just extreme case of "fear of missing out" driving things crazy.

The Speed yellow $225k 996 GT3 at CTS seems to be under offer; wonder what it went for

Random but seriously this car im pretty sure sold or something very similar for sub 100

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-3739554/?Cr=6

147k .. no ones said it for a while …worlds gone mad!!

996TT seem to being valued more..

Will be home to start tyre kicking and potentially shuffling the garage soon 

Has anyone seriously seen a genuine flurry of activity with actual sales in the 997 GT3 market , 993TT market since prior to christmas , I have seen a few additions to the 993TT market but not sales.

Random but seriously this car im pretty sure sold or something very similar for sub 100

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-3739554/?Cr=6

147k .. no ones said it for a while …worlds gone mad!!

996TT seem to being valued more..

I wonder what happens to the 997tt in the midst of all this? If 996's are occupying the mid 100's, with gen 1 997's only 10-15% more, do they start to climb in price to? It's almost as if anything of the slightest merrit now has a base price of $100k upwards. It really is an amazing time to be buying second hand p-cars. Depreciation is dead people!

Edited by turboT

......Depreciation is dead people!

Only until everyone realises all this has been fuelled by cheap finance and these cars, like other assets have reached levels that are unsustainable.  Then I think it is called a correction rather than depreciation! 

Edited by Peter M

Only until everyone realises all this has been fuelled by cheap finance and these cars, like other assets have reached levels that are unsustainable.  Then it think it is called a correction rather than depreciation! 

ah yes - financing a car I have realized is for mugs. 

My 997tt has probably lost $25k in value since I bought it 2 years ago (about 10%), but cost nearly $70k to finance over the same period. 

Not making that mistake again :( Stupid waste of money

I am sure depreciation is alive and well in the 991's but whilst their tt's remain in the mid to high 300's it leaves quite a large gap in the 200's for gen2 997 tt's to remain stable for a while it looks

Tom,

I was actually thinking of housing and what a correction to the housing market will do to the value of our cars as I think the values are closely related.  I believe the GFC made it a buyers market.

Where's an economist when you need one!

Tom,

I was actually thinking of housing and what a correction to the housing market will do to the value of our cars as I think the values are closely related.  I believe the GFC made it a buyers market.

Where's an economist when you need one!

lets not add up the interest we pay on our houses...that would be depressing