Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

anyone got any figures on Australian delivered soft window targa's?

there has to be a few that've been converted to glass that can be converted back

Russ I think there weren't any RHD Targa's until the 73 production year, so probably none Aus delivered for the earlier soft window?

It's going to break my Dad's heart, but I'm thinking about selling my 964 Carrera 4.  It's guards red, has cup wheels, cup mirrors, immaculate black leather interior with sports seats.  Originally UK delivery; it was imported here in 1994.  It has done 240000kms, mechanically fine (a couple of little niggles), and the paintwork is nice, but by no means excellent.

Any ideas on value?

Q7PAJgO.jpg

that's a can of worms right there....

There are aus delivered cars with lowish kms asking high 50's that have been for sale for a year or so...

There was that nice aus del blue metallic one in syd, that was listed for $46000 for ages and ages...

What you ask, and what you get are two different things...

What do you think is a fair asking price? You know the car better than anyone...

The blue one had bog that was lifting on the roof and rear quarter panel.

I suspect the ones that sit around for ages are failing PPIs...

New 964 manual coupes on the market will attract attention and if they pass muster they will sell.

that's a can of worms right there....

There are aus delivered cars with lowish kms asking high 50's that have been for sale for a year or so...

There was that nice aus del blue metallic one in syd, that was listed for $46000 for ages and ages...

What you ask, and what you get are two different things...

What do you think is a fair asking price? You know the car better than anyone...

Sorry Hugh. Will do in future

I'm not a massive fan of Targa's, but that white one I'd own anytime

Ok, back on topic

I was mobile and without emotions when I quickly wrote the post- I was referring to a possible health warning as I found myself getting very excited!

Love it mate, please keep them coming!

I have been speaking with the owner of this car. I also spoke to the person who did the PPI for another purchaser. 

That purchaser walked away....and at a much lower price point too.

I don't want to rag on someone elses car but it was pretty scary talking to the mechanic. And he isnt a nobody either.. he is one of the premier independant shop owners in melbourne.

too much going against it... which is a shame cos i really like it. 

Care to elaborate further? It's been for sale for ages and I swear I remember it being on the market last time. I've often wondered what's wrong with it. 

Don't let the private sale turn you off. You might get a better car going private, and get.to talk to the owner

Not the private sale that turns me off, its the 3 cars I want to trade in to buy it - I don't particularly feel like selling 3 cars privately.

Not the private sale that turns me off, its the 3 cars I want to trade in to buy it - I don't particularly feel like selling 3 cars privately.

Suggest you start placing ads on carsales now. $65 plus some time to write up a funny ad and it will sell. As mike says

..dealers pay low $$$

I have two more cars to sell..Sold one last week in 3 days

you do realise that us dealers only want to pay a pittance to own the trades??

Well aware of it, but I'm just too time poor to deal with a private sale, I'd rather take the hit.

I sold a car last year privately and I'm not about to do it again. Tyre kickers and dealers pretending to be private buyers (was funny hearing the same thing over and over 'i can only offer you $38k but I can get you the money today'), i would have wasted at least 60hrs to get the sale done.

No sorry Steve, other than liking the look of it.

Not sure if this is in your budget, but i thought it looked good. Maybe someone can advise on the price of it too.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-2559856/?Cr=28&sdmvc=1