Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If you got the full asking price.. :ph34r:

I disclosed the full details I knew about the car to evreryone who contacted me. Given I had 50+ enquires, I'd say if you had an original RHD 930, you would get that asking price and maybe a little bit more. In short, we did not.

i spoke to the owner about 6 months ago ... he was after $450k.

My guess is CTS asking $550k.

Stunning cobalt 964T... I wouldn't be surprised if it was $600k if its an Aussie as its1/15... 

wow. Crazy cash for a 3.3 but I guess these are rare cars. Worth going to CTS for a look

It was a breath of fresh air when I did come across a seller ....

please tell us you bought one !?

I disclosed the full details I knew about the car to evreryone who contacted me. Given I had 50+ enquires, I'd say if you had an original RHD 930, you would get that asking price and maybe a little bit more. In short, we did not.

Stunning cobalt 964T... I wouldn't be surprised if it was $600k if its an Aussie as its1/15... 

well done claywong

now.....

please tell me that 964t isn't yours to!??

(some smart shopping you did in 2015 ?)

Dreamr - you weren't bagging out anyone. this is just a forum for people who care about the detail

tassie right though

caveat emptor
ˈɛmptɔː/
noun

1. the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

In relation to this being a forum for people who car about detail, I note there appears to been movement at a private garage in the world of 996 turbo's. Being a detail oriented guy with respect to tracking what's for sale and what's interesting purely in the 996 turbo arena, the highest  advertised price stock 996tt  manual coupe that I have seen on car sales over the last two years appears to have been sold.  Is this perhaps history repeating itself as it was taken off  a month or two ago and reappeared a couple of weeks later?, Or does anyone have it on good authority its been sold and if so any idea on what it changed hands at?

Sticking to the theme of caring about the detail, I note three weeks ago it appears their was lots of love and support around the notion / supposition that 996tt's were heading towards occupying mid 100k's.  At the same time, not so much love for a newbie's first post that opined value in 996tt's is currently around 100k and prices need to come down to that level to see movement / transactions occur (me being the newbie would transact at that level of pricing).  I would not expect to be called out (but probably will) in going to print with a view that we have another dry spell in the 996tt market.  But this time as opposed to q3 / 1st half of q4 last year, its flipped 180 degrees, in terms of lack of sales and not lack of stock, given their had been / is a wide range of 996tt princesses on offer that are moving at no where near the timeframes compared to historical comparatives.  Based on my tastes and opinion I am seeing/ have seen, a stunner, hottie, plain jane, foreigner and a couple of shiny far away princesses (look good from a far, but far from good).

So in today's right now world,  I am interested in seeking views on:

1)  How long will these aud delivered 996 tt's up for sale now  stay on the market assuming sellers are not willing to move materially off their advertised prices?. (from 124k for aud delivered and up)

2) The probability of a private punter securing a AUD delivered 996tt  within the next three months with a purchase price in the range 90k to 100k

3) Crystal balling, which  month in fy2016, year would you expect to see 996tt's occupying mid 100's

964 Turbo , 996 Turbo , 997 turbo , I want them all

Turbo - T you may have to give up that handle soon cos Turbo - Clay  is in town 

Clay stop messing about and turn out your coat pockets I wanna see the keys , on the table right now for inspection

Strip searches are next and theres nowhere to run to matey ;)

As a matter of fact your car lists both of you are on my envy lists and im not talking to the GT3 gang at the moment 

Cobalt blue  MMMMMMmmmmmmmm

Tassieman.  Given you appear to have traversed some latin in your time,....  My latin teacher would of failed me with that new age keyboard first google search  engine hit that has been quoted.  Would of chosen the second google hit myself

Renowned for twisting and turning threads , in the interests of discussing cars I decided to keep my commentary simple.

But my English teacher would have failed me on two counts : 1) Spelling Latin with a lower case "l" and 2) using the phrase "would of" instead of "would have".

Yours curmudgeoningly,  Tazzie (with a zed) ;) 

Based on doing some homework (word search's  in google and facebook  with rego's, names, emails, mobiles  and suburbs along with 996tt can yield some very interesting nuggets of information, pictures and posts)  and currently and actively pounding the pavement, (albeit remotely and engaging with sellers at different levels) when it comes to sellers  and disclosures (whether it be part, full or none), as I see it, one confectionary best sums it up, 'Licorice Allsorts"

Hmm PFA the walls have ears and again with  a lot of what we write very visible , Forensic google searches ooooh thats nasty but smart

I think there should be an entry fee to this thread beyond the PFA membership , for the comedy and the market research

Note to self .. say nothing … be quotable and searchable for my quiet drive to shops and latte in TT  …my spent the days waxing duco again … Changing the tyres because they had plenty of tread but were just getting old , not to mention my fortnightly porsche service program

You too Mister turn out your pockets ..lets hope you bought something and the keys better have something not with that 4 letter word with a in front , only 5 letters and above is acceptable and , im ok if you have a A car with five letters 

Yours curmudgeoningly,  Tazzie (with a zed) ;) 

Shit Im now having to google Taz :)

Urban Dictionary: curmudgeoning

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=curmudgeoning
  •  

... Spanish · Swedish · Thai · Turkish · Ukrainian · Vietnamese · Help translate! ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯. There aren't any definitions for curmudgeoning yet. Can you define it?

I reckon Im just gonna use that word ..all day today …. :)  PFA home schooling is great, wrench size mathematics , car economics, philosphy,  a dash of Latin and now new words to screw with the predictive texters and emoticon children , love it  they cant even check on .. 

Now I have good justification  to be unemployed and stay home , Im studying, where do I get the PFA Student Uni card .. do I get cheap fuel vouchers

With regards to capitals , I thought all Porsche drivers where allowed to think of themselves as UPPERCASE members of society and that we do own the road

Ok CarSALES  CarPoint  - back to the straight roads and car discussions

Can someone in Sydney do a PPI for me on thet Pre A convertable on Ebay

Carpe diem .. I think that has a capital letter at the front 

I'm sorry this isn't AC or a GT so probably shouldn't post it here, but l like it! I might see if they will direct swap it for a 930..  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12407525?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

I'm sorry this isn't AC or a GT so probably shouldn't post it here, but l like it! I might see if they will direct swap it for a 930..  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12407525?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

all good. its an manual. just don't mention PDK ;) 

My latin teacher would of failed me with that new age keyboard first google search  engine hit that has been quoted.  Would of chosen the second google hit myself as based on first principles, I understood and learnt  caveat = may HE beware. whilst emptor = buyer.  Rote learning got me remembering  'buyer may HE beware" had me in good stead.  In today's gender neutral politically correct world, wonder if I would get bonus marks for responding with " Buyer, may he or she beware". Also a much shorter sentence than the one above.

In relation to whats on offer,in the current 996tt market,  caveat emptor are two very very wise words as I see it and even more so in this recent prices had gone mad environment.     For me caveat emptor = get your OWN PPI at a trusted shop done and don't skimp on not getting a compression and leakdown test done

Your English teacher definitely should "of" failed you.

Appreciate your efforts to keeping this thread on track. ;)

Keep the cars coming...............much more interesting than the other BS getting posted here. :D

May I suggest a PFA Gymkhana and drag race and if that doesnt get us a resolution pistols at dawn to settle all this banter in this thread.  Amoungst the spilling an tipping errors or was that spelling and typing.. and lets talk about me grandma or was that grammar.  

Remember love is all you need and I love the sound of a screaming Porsche :wub: all of them 

Hands up who drove theirs harder and faster than they tapped on the keyboard in the last week?

Wow the shit that happens when we have a lul in the numbers of cars to stab at :)

my hands are up......

Seems a bit high when you will be able to buy this in a couple of years for 1/2 the price

Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991)

Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 1 of 6)
Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 2 of 6)
Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 3 of 6)
Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 4 of 6)
Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 5 of 6)
Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau For Sale (1991) (picture 6 of 6)

Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau

First Registered 6-12-1991
Colour L37W TB Midnight blue.

Very rare right hand drive Porsche 964 Turbo S lightweight with GT2 spec 450bhp engine
With a total of 86 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau cars built in the year 1992 with a total of 9 right hand cars being sold to the UK the previous owner could not obtain one new so decided to turn his Porsche 3.3 Turbo to full Turbo S spec, including Special Race part Aluminium doors and X99 rear turbo S arches, Recaro seats lightweight plastic rear window & side windows 993 Turbo Big red Callipers and Discs all corners, Front Strut brace, Turbo S Door cards, Sports Induction inlet with K&N filter, brake cooling front & rear, The engine was reworked and upgraded by DP Motorsports to give 450HP using a hybrid KKK27/29 turbo, New 044 fuel pumps, A The car was taken to the dyno 17-4-15 and produced a healthy 405 RWHP & 386lb of torque . Making this car extremely fast and exciting.
Carbon fibre adjustable 3.8RS rear spoiler and RS front spoiler, racing light weight headers and GT3 style exhaust, Recent Bespoke Moton Clubsport adjustable suspension all round costing nearly £7000, The car was corner weighted and aligned to give sharp responsive handling more than capable on the road and track. A real driver’s car
With all 911 Turbos strengthening in price this car is competitively priced 
The car comes with a Swansea V5C a current MOT certificate Comprehensive service history with a total of 77,000 miles from new, original leather owners book, and a file full of old MOT & receipts.
This car is a real pleasure to drive on the road and can be fully appreciated on the track with precise handling and exhilarating acceleration a fantastic opportunity to own a very special appreciating car 
HPI Clear

Price:£93995 Or near offer
Advert Type:For Sale
Category:Classic Cars
Make:Porsche
Model:911
Model (alt):964 Turbo
Year:1991
Region:Derbyshire
Town:calver
Telephone:07043 235584  Privacy Service
E-mail:Contact Advertiser via Email
Listing Date:09-Feb-2016
Ref:C708364

This advert viewed 125 timesLogin to edit this advert
spacer.gif

my hands are up......

930's my new daily

Seems a bit high when you will be able to buy this in a couple of years for 1/2 the price

Very rare right hand drive Porsche 964 Turbo S lightweight with GT2 spec 450bhp engine
With a total of 86 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau cars built in the year 1992 with a total of 9 right hand cars being sold to the UK the previous owner could not obtain one new so decided to turn his Porsche 3.3 Turbo to full Turbo S spec, including Special Race part Aluminium doors and X99 rear turbo S arches, Recaro seats lightweight plastic rear window & side windows 993 Turbo Big red Callipers and Discs all corners, Front Strut brace, Turbo S Door cards, Sports Induction inlet with K&N filter, brake cooling front & rear, The engine was reworked and upgraded by DP Motorsports to give 450HP using a hybrid KKK27/29 turbo, New 044 fuel pumps, A The car was taken to the dyno 17-4-15 and produced a healthy 405 RWHP & 386lb of torque . Making this car extremely fast and exciting.
Carbon fibre adjustable 3.8RS rear spoiler and RS front spoiler, racing light weight headers and GT3 style exhaust, Recent Bespoke Moton Clubsport adjustable suspension all round costing nearly £7000, The car was corner weighted and aligned to give sharp responsive handling more than capable on the road and track. A real driver’s car
The car comes with a Swansea V5C a current MOT certificate Comprehensive service history with a total of 77,000 miles from new, original leather owners book, and a file full of old MOT & receipts.
This car is a real pleasure to drive on the road and can be fully appreciated on the track with precise handling and exhilarating acceleration a fantastic opportunity to own a very special appreciating car 
HPI Clear

spacer.gif

considering the new 25yr rule coming in in a few years, this could be a good investement

HPI Clear

spacer.gif

Looks like an awesome car.

However, it's heavily modified.

If this were a 930 with the same mods, the gaggle would crucify the owner.

Does being a 964 make it OK to bring out the best in a turbo??

Yes i do not understand all the extras when it was a Porsche 964 3.3 Turbo S Leichtbau to start with, But would still love it in my shed here is a stock Joby but a lefty :http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C660525

A very nice car,  but some would say in the wrong thread and perhaps country :) Never raced or crashed but service history suggests it has been "used" well.

Looks like an awesome car.

However, it's heavily modified.

If this were a 930 with the same mods, the gaggle would crucify the owner.

Does being a 964 make it OK to bring out the best in a turbo??

price reflects mods I would have thought. Unmodified car would be asking more? (gaggle is alive and well ;) )

A very nice car,  but some would say in the wrong thread and perhaps country :) Never raced or crashed but service history suggests it has been "used" well.

"Whats for sale (in Australia) and interesting thread + what BBC or Symsy might be bringing into Australia to make all our lives a bit more interesting?"

needs some work i know ;) 

Fishy , here's one for your better half. It wouldn't work in the western suburbs of Hobart though, even though it's the YOTC!

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Cars/Cars-For-Sale/1996-Porsche-911-Carrera-In-Extraordinary-Showroom-New-Condition-Cabriolet/Port-Melbourne/VIC/AdNumber=GFL5Q2

4L4G-Boxed640x480.jpg

Fishy , here's one for your better half. It wouldn't work in the western suburbs of Hobart though, even though it's the YOTC!

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Cars/Cars-For-Sale/1996-Porsche-911-Carrera-In-Extraordinary-Showroom-New-Condition-Cabriolet/Port-Melbourne/VIC/AdNumber=GFL5Q2

4L4G-Boxed640x480.jpg

subtle advertising by LORBEK in the back ground - it that the $1m GTRS in the back ground?

update... it is a UK car.