Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Fair point.

A standard Razor (Type 34) sells anywhere from $25k to $35k for a good one, as there aren't many around in Oz

Any Vic  Gang know this car … and this mob?   

FYI Im still the highest bidder at at 20k ;)  Rogue Bidder… just based on PFA excitement … blue pill / red pill how far will we go down the rabbit hole...

What is the difference between a 356 and KG and KGVW … now thats provocative I know … is one a Porsche with a VW engine and the other a VW with a Porsche engine or is it a KG with a VW engine… im CONFUSED …..

Im gonna go long on this just for you Lee….  

Thanks mate. No pressure!

Razors, you either like them or ya don't.  I've driven a couple, and compared to my old 61 KG, they're a much better ride in my opinion. More room inside too. Dean's car (the one in question) would be a hoot to drive with the 6 cylinder I reckon.  You'd want to make sure it's not rusty though Symsy, as parts aren't that easy to come by. Floor pan and bottom of the A pillar and doors is a common problem. 

Thanks mate. No pressure!

Razors, you either like them or ya don't.  I've driven a couple, and compared to my old 61 KG, they're a much better ride in my opinion. More room inside too. Dean's car (the one in question) would be a hoot to drive with the 6 cylinder I reckon.  You'd want to make sure it's not rusty though Symsy, as parts aren't that easy to come by. Floor pan and bottom of the A pillar and doors is a common problem. 

Ok Fly you over for mass tyre kicking convention and beer ….Maybe we can get Tom's Cruise happening … Maybe he would give man Outlaw sticker… .Where is he ..down the docks??

944 S2T just listed on Carsales - can't post a link, but you won't miss it. I think I have a new target car - way out my budget but lots of want...

Sweet baby Jesus Pom, $96K !!!!!!  

It has had $200k+ spent on it (and built by Buchanan Automotive)so it would be amazing on all levels I'm sure, but not sure the market is ready for a nearly $100K 944S2T

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4212111/?Cr=4

Sweet baby Jesus Pom, $96K !!!!!!  

It has had $200k+ spent on it (and built by Buchanan Automotive)so it would be amazing on all levels I'm sure, but not sure the market is ready for a nearly $100K 944S2T

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4212111/?Cr=4

I think he means $20K spent.....

Cheers,

Geoff.

I think he means $20K spent.....

Cheers,

Geoff.

Could be right Geoff, I read it as over $200k for the entire build of the car, but if he's talking about the engine freshen up then I think you could well be right....

Could be right Geoff, I read it as over $200k for the entire build of the car, but if he's talking about the engine freshen up then I think you could well be right....

Its 4 pot .. looks like someones been at it … A Lancer EVO owner perhaps 96k.. 

Cut me ..cut me now ..  I cant stand this insanity 

For $75k this has to be considered a relative bargain..... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1993/SSE-AD-3539245/?Cr=9

For my money (if I was going to) I would start here and then throw the right wheels on it http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1988/SSE-AD-4208195/?Cr=4

Speaking from experience - trying to sell my 89 S4 with close to $22k worth of work done recently,  none of these cars are going to achieve these amounts. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the market to be as hot as aircooled but lets face it, even aircooled has lost its shine some what. There are plenty of 928's of all variants simply sitting at all price points, higher and lower. None have sold. I know for a fact that the silver one on Ebay sold a few months back for $45k was a couple of scammers at work, feel sorry for the owner who had to go through a lot, including filing police reports. My overall experience has been poor with receiving several offers below $10k. Disillusioned!

Speaking from experience - trying to sell my 89 S4 with close to $22k worth of work done recently,  none of these cars are going to achieve these amounts. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the market to be as hot as aircooled but lets face it, even aircooled has lost its shine some what. There are plenty of 928's of all variants simply sitting at all price points, higher and lower. None have sold. I know for a fact that the silver one on Ebay sold a few months back for $45k was a couple of scammers at work, feel sorry for the owner who had to go through a lot, including filing police reports. My overall experience has been poor with receiving several offers below $10k. Disillusioned!

That does suck!! For you and the guy who was scammed! Unfortunately the demand for 928s is not high, you have to really love them to want to buy one and I think some sellers have decided that is a 911 can sell for heaps so can my 928 (or what ever for that matter). I think some may have moved for increased $$$ lately but most sit for a while as you say. It may take a while longer but prices will creep up......

Symsy don't dilly dally 

I didnt I bid and but the ask buy now is too high ..especially in the flatline market.. dont want to be super public..they guy wrote said there was a lot of interest and told me that ..he didnt take note that I was the bidder… EBAY excitement gotta love it...

Ebay ..great advertising tool but not for closing business  

Beware of the BAY and the GUMTREE both are home to birds that circle and drop shit on ya  ;)

From many an online discussion forum ….buyers tactics…shame but true 

The beauty of eBay purchases are that you can be the winning bidder and under Australian laws you can withdraw from the purchase and not be bound by eBay

What else is the poking and pointing stick got for us PFA mungers today ???

Any Vic  Gang know this car … and this mob?   

FYI Im still the highest bidder at at 20k ;)  Rogue Bidder… just based on PFA excitement … blue pill / red pill how far will we go down the rabbit hole...

What is the difference between a 356 and KG and KGVW … now thats provocative I know … is one a Porsche with a VW engine and the other a VW with a Porsche engine or is it a KG with a VW engine… im CONFUSED …..

Im gonna go long on this just for you Lee….  

Dean (the owner) is an honest and good bloke. Did you talk to him over the phone? I know the car for many years but I haven't driven it nor checked it out for rust, etc. Dean bought it more than 10 years ago from Perth if I recall correctly. Car had some electrical issues back then which he sorted out. Body work, without getting under it etc, looks great

The beauty of eBay purchases are that you can be the winning bidder and under Australian laws you can withdraw from the purchase and not be bound by eBay

I believe that this is incorrect. The courts have found that an ebay auction creates a binding contract, so long as the bid is above the reserve, and that once a bid has been made above the reserve, both parties are bound (Peter Smythe v Thomas).  Has something changed I am unaware of? 

In the UK, there is a well known case in Porsche circles of a 964RS that was auctioned on ebay with no reserve, which reached only GBP20k  when the car worth about gbp80k and the owner refused to complete the sale, saying he had it advertised elsewhere for 80k and had interest at that level. The court supported the enforcement of the sale and tha car changed hands for gbp20k, plus the original owner had to pay costs, after which he almost got nothing for his car.

I believe that this is incorrect. The courts have found that an ebay auction creates a binding contract, so long as the bid is above the reserve, and that once a bid has been made above the reserve, both parties are bound (Peter Smythe v Thomas).  Has something changed I am unaware of? 

In the UK, there is a well known case in Porsche circles of a 964RS that was auctioned on ebay with no reserve, which reached only GBP20k  when the car worth about gbp80k and the owner refused to complete the sale, saying he had it advertised elsewhere for 80k and had interest at that level. The court supported the enforcement of the sale and tha car changed hands for gbp20k, plus the original owner had to pay costs, after which he almost got nothing for his car.

That just tells me to stay away from eBay for anything of value.

That just tells me to stay away from eBay for anything of value.

It's no different from any other form of selling - if you know the rules and stick to them, you are fine. Place an item on ebay at a reserve that you are happy to sell at and you are protected. There are certain categories of auction that are non binding - those for sale of businesses and the sale of property.

That does suck!! For you and the guy who was scammed! Unfortunately the demand for 928s is not high, you have to really love them to want to buy one and I think some sellers have decided that is a 911 can sell for heaps so can my 928 (or what ever for that matter). I think some may have moved for increased $$$ lately but most sit for a while as you say. It may take a while longer but prices will creep up......

Yes, absolutely agree with you, 928's require a genuine love and want, they're a beautiful car and in my opinion great bang for the buck. They did cost equivalent to a 930 when new and the engineering does show that but unfortunately they are water cooled so they're a lesser Porsche. Oh wait all Porsche's are water cooled today - oops!

Ebay ..just no place to sell a decent car -- even if your a decent bloke -- Just sayin

PS I pay my bills … still dont know why people cant spend the extra 5 bucks to post a load enough pictures 

I wonder where else they save 5 bucks in their journey … premium prices.. premium car .. some people dont act like it … Rant over 

Hows the 4 Pot 96k car going ? Or are the sticks pointing elsewhere now ?

EBay is a great place to sell, I sell a lot on eBay. My advice is to start a listing at the minimum price you want for it and accept that you may have to sell it. 

Except for cars. For some reason cars on eBay bring out the worst in people. The scammers, the fakes, the dreamers and the timewasters. You'd be amazed how many Skylines I've been offered as part trade in a car I've listed for sale.

By all means list a car on eBay, but not as an auction. Only list as a buy it now or classified, and put heavy buyer restriction settings on (eg no zero feedback bidders or bidders who have unpaid item strikes).