Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Slow couple of days on the forum... 

I have a short story about an interesting seller named Simon in the Northern Territory to share with you. 

You may have seen this car on eBay.

1BDBD535-864B-466B-ADD2-21AE446F8BCF_zps

I had taken fancy to it because it could be a great base for a hot rod project... Not that my lovely wife has given me permission to start one, but that's never stopped me. 

So, I offered the bloke $40K (outside eBay). He told me the lowest he'd accept is $45K (but I think that price was with no wheels). 

I told him I'd try my luck in eBay. 

So the listing ended last night with me as the highest bidder at just sub $32K.

My off eBay offer was nearly 30% higher, so I started the conversation again this morning. 

The guy said he'd be better off parting the car out. I agreed and mentioned that Brett from aPorschaPart might be interested in the 3L engine (I was going to sell one of my spare 3L engines to him last year).  Having said that, I made an offer again. 

Anyway, the guy cracked the shits and this was the text message exchange that followed. 

B9FC856E-91A4-41DC-A843-2767393ADA7E_zps

3B3B3A7D-3379-4C38-98FD-A47C563F4726_zps

I was flabberghasted to say the least. 

That would be the same Simon with the dark bronzey maroon SC he's had on Ebay 2 or 3 times, always peters out at around 50 - 55k. First time around for the silver one I'm sure. I love these dudes ""Yeah mate I'd get more parting it out"" well ok then go ahead and spend the 200 hours actually pulling it apart and dishing off bits n pieces here n there and all the time dealing with 20 plebs to actually see the cash in ya pocket!

This was owned by a PFA member previously, not sure if it has since been on sold. I also recall it was stolen and recovered at some point, not sure if that was in the fine print though. 

Very interesting. He failed to mention that in either his listing or his discussions with me. What a dodgy muppet. 

Very interesting. He failed to mention that in either his listing or his discussions with me. What a dodgy muppet. 

Geezus @jonof.... top story mate. Thanks for sharing the weird and wonderful world of porsche buying on the interweb.  Btw, what is the car, it looks like a wide body SC or 3.2 but with a 964 front but it has popout side windows from the 70s... is the wide body real or stuck flares...? Who knows, do we care? Just curious... :huh:

That would be the same Simon with the dark bronzey maroon SC he's had on Ebay 2 or 3 times, always peters out at around 50 - 55k. First time around for the silver one I'm sure. I love these dudes ""Yeah mate I'd get more parting it out"" well ok then go ahead and spend the 200 hours actually pulling it apart and dishing off bits n pieces here n there and all the time dealing with 20 plebs to actually see the cash in ya pocket!

That's the guy. He's been trying to sell the SC with the NT number plate "SC" for 6 months. 

He did sell a nice looking Viper Green 911T with a 2.7L 6 months ago. Have been interested in his collection since then. But not anymore as I'm apparently a Porsche Peasant. 

Regarding parting out, I agree with you. Bloody muppet. 

That's the guy. He's been trying to sell the SC with the NT number plate "SC" for 6 months. 

He did sell a nice looking Viper Green 911T with a 2.7L 6 months ago. Have been interested in his collection since then. But not anymore as I'm apparently a Porsche Peasant. 

Regarding parting out, I agree with you. Bloody muppet. 

Long way to go up north to buy a project Jono .... what happened to the one you were chasing some dude for checking out for you in Chezneya or Uzbekistan or wherever it was? This guy??

Image result for borat thumbs up

Has this been discussed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132154788735?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

"1971 PORSCHE 911 2.2 T SPORTO, ALL MATCHING NUMBERS, FACTORY RHD UK DELIVERED

Matching numbers 2.2 engine and sportomatic transaxle, all id plates still fitted, originally delivered as a signal orange RHD coupe with comfort pack and electric windows"

Current bid $19,700 

Looks like re-roofing cabrios is going to be the new black

Edited by Coastr

Has this been discussed?

s-l1600.jpg

Matching numbers 2.2 engine and sportomatic transaxle, all id plates still fitted, originally delivered as a signal orange RHD coupe with comfort pack and electric windows"

Current bid $19,700 

His reserve is apparently a fair bit over $40K. Seems like a really nice bloody bloke actually. We had a good chat about my roofless KLASSSSY project and how I regret selling it! 

Geezus @jonof.... top story mate. Thanks for sharing the weird and wonderful world of porsche buying on the interweb.  Btw, what is the car, it looks like a wide body SC or 3.2 but with a 964 front but it has popout side windows from the 70s... is the wide body real or stuck flares...? Who knows, do we care? Just curious... :huh:

LHD T with all the unfortunate 80s upgrades (front tub cut to fit g series body work). 964 fibreglass rear. GT2 front bumper. A real mix of bits and bobs. But, a perfect base for a Martini racing silver widebody replica (which is what I'd like to build).  

Long way to go up north to buy a project Jono .... what happened to the one you were chasing some dude for checking out for you in Chezneya or Uzbekistan or wherever it was? This guy??

Image result for borat thumbs up

It was a Mocka. Not a real S unfortunately. :(

His reserve is apparently a fair bit over $40K. Seems like a really nice bloody bloke actually. We had a good chat about my roofless KLASSSSY project and how I regret selling it! 

So...you can fix that by buying this one--roof included!  Also has lots of original parts like motor & seats.

Keep the widebody and paint it silver...simples

Has this been discussed?

s-l1600.jpg

Current bid $19,700 

That appeared briefly on gumtree a few weeks or so back.  Offered in the teens from memory?  Perfect RallyCab / Scambler material...

Obrut, That cant have been this car, im the owner and it has been in my garage for 6 months and certainly never advertised on gumtree or ebay.

hit up @JonoF again :D  he needs to get a convertible re-roof project done in his life time.  You could help him find a workshop in Tas that his wife will never discover :D

Obrut, That cant have been this car, im the owner and it has been in my garage for 6 months and certainly never advertised on gumtree or ebay.

My apologies - your car has a twin!  I remember seeing a red cabriolet with the red seats somewhere.

If I could find somewhere to hide the T from my wife I would keep it myself... the boss was not amused to see me pull up in the driveway with 2 911 shells on the back of the ute last week, especially when I told her how much I paid for them :) No probs Obrut, I did buy the car from an advert on carpoint late last year so maybe it is the car your thinking of, it certainly wasnt on there for long as the PO had it sold within minutes of listing the advert (to someone else), luckily for me the other buyer pulled out for some reason? and I was next in line.

Seems a good buy? But of course it's in WA so only someone (excl WA) willing to do the yards and time of 4 or 5 days, or one day and trust, or total trust and sight unseen ....or lucky ducks in Perth!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/cars-vans-utes/1969-porsche-911/1144770029

$_20.PNG

Seems a good buy? But of course it's in WA so only someone (excl WA) willing to do the yards and time of 4 or 5 days, or one day and trust, or total trust and sight unseen ....or lucky ducks in Perth!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/cars-vans-utes/1969-porsche-911/1144770029

$_20.PNG

Happy to look at it you if you want if I can fit it in....

Doesn't seem to be a huge demand, most have been sitting for sometime. Unfortunately for this owner I feel they are closer to the 150k mark, over 150 I'd be chasing a manual. 

Just as I am about to finalise on the 2007 997.1 tt a 2011 997.2S turns up locally with porsche warranty for similar moolah.

My gut feeling is to stick to the turbo.

I have been after a turbo

The 997.1tt is closer to the bottom of its depriciation cycle than a 997.2s (I think)

Mezger engine

AWD

What's the feeling here???