Porsche fat cat

cyberpunky

A glossy red Porsche was an obvious choice for Fat Car, because the model popularly stands for excess. That's because it is monumentally expensive and typically bought by an A-grade tosspot

Whew...! glad mine's not red...

I honestly think that wasting a perfectly good car like that is an even better example of "excess"...! So, yeah - I'm with you on not getting it either..!

A glossy red Porsche was an obvious choice for Fat Car, because the model popularly stands for excess. That's because it is monumentally expensive and typically bought by an A-grade tosspot

Does anyone else see it?

Congratulations Erwin Wurm, You have now been officially welcomed in the 'A-Grade tosspot club"  :D

Some people's taste hovers between their belt line and their thighs and behind them!

Even that sliced cow in formaldehyde was more 'arty' than this abomination! Or am I just not cultured enough?

Actually, that sliced cow was disgusting!

I guess there are plenty of tosspot Porsche owners(and ferrari, Merc, BMW, etc) but I hate being lumped in with those guys.

There are plenty of tosspot Holden, Ford, Toyota, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, etc, too. Just to name a couple more.

Anyway it's just one person's interpretation and opinion, and I don't get it either.

The only toss-pots in this poor excuse for art are the artist (term used loosely) and those that encourage this type of trendy crap.  This type of idiot is himself jumping on the bandwagon of Porsche bashers and "the rich" without realising that he himself is in "the rich" category.

This guy has done this to a couple of Porsches now, using the same idea, no imagination, no talent, stuck on an idea but milking it for all it is worth. $$$$$$$

Who, but "the rich" can afford to buy a Porsche and do this to it, making it useless for what it was designed for?

How much did he get for this rubbish ?

This guy is a trendy, hypocritical Toss-Pot and a businessman.

Controversy = Free Advertising = Paying customers

"maybe I should have put this in VENT"

The museum's owner bought a brand new Porsche a few years back. But he does not fit the stereotype and is almost universally revered down here. He's put a fair bit back into his community.

Modern art is modern art. You either get a woody over it - or like me , you don't. But plenty of well known artists and designers love their Porsches (and other stylish cars).

I was thinking about checking this museum out during our trip in a couple of weeks.

I might have to catch a taxi there :ph34r:

If I was going to Tas I would have made it there for sure, for both some art & architecture - well worth the trip. 

Not my 'cup of tea' at all, if its supposed to portray overexcess I think he's missed the mark.... but then again what do I know of art, my measure is I like it or I dont. In this case it's a thumbs down.

That(like it or don't) is what all art is about IMO. It's a bit like pizza, as everyone knows what they like ;)

Who, but "the rich" can afford to buy a Porsche and do this to it, making it useless for what it was designed for?

They bought a straight Boxster runner on Wheeler Dealer's for just One Thysand Pynds. They might have made more by getting Ed to do an arty museum job e.g. "worlds fastest bidet",  rather than a brief fixerup for the next unsuspecting owner!

They bought a straight Boxster runner on Wheeler Dealer's for just One Thysand Pynds. They might have made more by getting Ed to do an arty museum job e.g. "worlds fastest bidet",  rather than a brief fixerup for the next unsuspecting owner!

True, and there is that Boxter that went for a swim…..if you are feeling a bit "creative"

Archived