Why the 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Drought?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that makes yours "virginal"!

Actual km travelled is pretty vague when you think of it.

I'll buy a genuine "country km" car over a city car anyday. 

I'd be interested to know how many early rebuilds reflect stop-start traffic; the garage queen cars were said to be the highest proportion of head stud failures.

• 4 weeks later...

While we are are on the 3.2 Carrera subject hyperthetical question what is the value of a

1989 3.2 coupe 108,000.00 Ks Aussie delivered 3 owner Full service history and yes i know the car....

Graeme

While we are are on the 3.2 Carrera subject hyperthetical question what is the value of a

1989 3.2 coupe 108,000.00 Ks Aussie delivered 3 owner Full service history and yes i know the car....

Graeme

I'm going to say $40k and give me a call, I'll give it a good home.

Graeme

With or without dealer tax?

Graeme

With or without dealer tax?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought I would resurrect this discussion by noting that I went into carsales for a bit of fun and noticed that, if you want a 911 coupe - any age, any condition - the cheapest one available is the 1983 SC with 300k on the odo for $49,500 (has been on the market coming up 12 months). Next cheapest is the jap import 3.2 for $52,500. There are actually more 930s for sale than 911 coupes. At this rate even old mate with the 1987 updated 1970 model will get a sale.

The coupe drought looks like it is getting worse before it gets any better. My sympathies with anyone out there looking.

They are out there. I just picked up a nice clean red Oz delivered 3.2 wide body (not factory) but I was in the right place at the right time.

Put the word out to workshops if you're looking.

My new toy:

post-186-0-86884000-1427803043_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-13795400-1427803059_thumb.jpg

They are out there. I just picked up a nice clean red Oz delivered 3.2 wide body (not factory) but I was in the right place at the right time.

Put the word out to workshops if you're looking.

My new toy:

Nice!

Archived