My Mates 911 got stolen, please look out for it

Orion03

There is info circulating around social media in relation to this car. News travels fast via interwebs, hopefully fast enough to catch up with the car.

Fingers crossed! Friggen scumbags

oh I like that. esp the remote disable function

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook says: 

Update: Herbie has been spotted!

Social media is doing its job!

Eastlink south bound last night at 6:30pm near Boronia Rd.

If you see this car please call the police immediately.

Couldn't have they called the police at 6.30pm last night ?

Off topic but with the rise of air cooled prices recently, I hope he's not insured for $35-40k

I'm pretty sure i know of that car, and the person he bought it from. fairy safe to say it'd be properly insured.

Not that that means anything, i'd much rather have a car than money

**UPDATE** 
26/9 8.25am. Victoria Police tell me it was recovered as a result of a phone call from a member of the public reporting a 'suspicious vehicle'. If it was someone that had seen it on FB as a result of this being shared, I thank you so much!

26/9 6.28am Victoria Police have recovered the car from an address in Boronia (Vic) overnight. It's complete and relatively unharmed.

I want to thank everyone for firstly sharing this post, and secondly for the messages of support and your efforts in spreading the word.

I'll update further when I know more.

Thank you all so much.

DJ (and DAJ911)

Guys, if anyone happens to see this car, registered (Victoria) DAJ911, please call 000 and tell the police. It was stolen from Wantirna in the early hours of Wednesday September 24. Has the Fuchs 17"s on it, otherwise identical to this pic. Please spread the word.

Updates.
25/9 11.00am Eastlink tell me that the eTag was used last night at 6.30pm heading south at the Boronia Rd gantry. The car seems to still be in SE Melb (if the tag is still in it). Keep looking please, and call 000 if you spot it! These guys assaulted my mechanic with the car when they stole it, so they're not worth approaching alone.

24/9 9.36pm. A further update. The car was spotted heading city bound through Ringwood at 5.15 this morning by someone that read this through sharing.

A few details. 

- 1984 911 Carrera 3.2. Aust Del, Queensland complied as a 2 seater
- 17"x7.5" Front, 17"x9" Rear Fuchs replica wheels with Kumho tyres
- Recaro racing shell seats on Recaro mounts and standard runners
- OMP 3" 6pt Harnesses
- Steel half cage
- Sparco 380mm suede steering wheel
- VIN: WP0ZZZ912ES103639
- Engine #: 63E06600

The stripes and numbers will pull off easily, so if it's out there it will be most likely white now. Please let me know if any parts matching the above come up cheap anywhere.

It seems that the car sustained some damage when it rammed a Falcon ute that was trying to prevent it getting away. The damage will be on the front driver's side. The ute was also sideswiped by a Subaru (I think) that was assisting the escape of the 911.

Just as an aside, it's easy in these times to think that the world is a shitty place, however the support, and network of getting the word out about this is humbling, and I thank each and everyone of you that shares or even reads this.

Please keep looking Guys - thank you so much!

DJ

My Mate says: 

Our boy is home! Remarkably unharmed, and stripped of his dignity. More gas in him than when he left, a few scrapes, and filthy. 

Resting quietly...

as for PFA membership... you guy ask him that when you meet him at the race tracks.  :)

10703573_10152711281736011_3894099331777

Archived