My Mates 911 got stolen, please look out for it

Orion03

Woke up to this Facebook post from my old mate:

Guys, if anyone happens to see this car, registered (Victoria) DAJ911, please call 000 and tell the police. It was stolen from Wantirna in the early hours of Wednesday September 24. Has the Fuchs 17"s on it, otherwise identical to this pic. Please spread the word.

A few details. 

- 1984 911 Carrera 3.2. Aust Del, Queensland complied as a 2 seater
- 17"x7.5" Front, 17"x9" Rear Fuchs replica wheels with Kumho tyres
- Recaro racing shell seats on Recaro mounts and standard runners
- OMP 3" 6pt Harnesses
- Steel half cage
- Sparco 380mm suede steering wheel
- VIN: WP0ZZZ912ES103639
- Engine #: 63E06600

The stripes and numbers will pull off easily, so if it's out there it will be most likely white now. Please let me know if any parts matching the above come up cheap anywhere.

10378007_10152706553471011_2981643681559

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart breaking, hope its found fast!

I'm guessing this would be broken up pretty fast for parts, I'm also guessing someone that has one already wants the bits to improve his/her car.

Justifies my paranoia and extreme measures i take security wise.

That really sux. That is a seriously well sorted car. I drove it when Paul had it for sale on the Gold Coast. I hope he gets it back in one piece. 

Oh is it THAT car - didn't recognise it.....drove it too - nice bit of kit  Its a shame to hear some scumbag got their mitts on it

Victoria and my mate says:

"Sadly it was a pretty violent theft, that luckily didn't end with someone being seriously hurt. It seems that Wantirna/Knox/Bayswater is a hot spot for race cars to get stolen."

Very very sad.

Nice....

Work hard, save, research and get lucky enough purchase one of today's beautiful automobiles and have some grub who couldn't spell integrity take it and dismantle it so no one can treasure it.

I hope this isn't the outcome for it.

Very sad for your mate...

I've long considered an after market immobilizer and tracking device.

I've got a 997, and if it got stolen, I'll take the insurance $ and get another one....

it's somehow worse for the old cars since I feel they are not that easily replaced, especially after you do a lot of work to the car to get it how you like it.

It sucks big time for my mates car to be stolen in such a violent manner.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their nether regions!

I'd be pissed if someone stole my 997, and they basically give you one with a happy meal at McDonalds. Finding something that you've been looking for for years, and then having it stolen ... gah. They should bring back disembowelment for this.

Archived