My first Porsche photos

Hello everyone,

After being a lurker long enough to learn (the basics...) and buy my first Porsche thought it was time to say hello and join up properly. Said hello in the intro's thread but though I would start a topic so I can have a few questions answered hopefully

Car is 1985 3.2 911 slate blue metallic with the last of the old gearboxes. Apparently the colour was special order as it stopped being offered in 1984?? Obviously I am biased but perfect spec for me in the colour with black leather, 16" Fuchs (7/8 wide), LSD and special order sports suspension (SOW050 some more detective work is required here)

I bought it from the original owner so am the second owner. Previous owner flew to Stuttgart to spec it then waited months for it to be delivered here via dealer. Car has now done 105k's and will tick on for a few thousand a year. Condition of car is unbelievable apart from the tiniest of cosmetic dramas inside. Mechanically A1. I have the original receipts for the car and the "tourist delivery" paperwork and spec sheet. Previous owner was a photographer so have heaps of photos of the vehicle in the past decades including some from a photo shoot done in 1985.

Have a few questions. Number one who has ever had a leather dash repaired? The only foible with the car is that the leather dash has shrunk a bit away from the window.

Second question any one have links to any info regarding the SOW050 suspensions and handling package? Only found a few references on rennlist think it wasn't offered in Australia via dealers perhaps?

Thanks to everyone for your knowledge and insite into the Porsche world. Few photos below. I work away from home so dad will make sure the battery stays charged and the fuel doesn't go stale....

imagejpg4_zps937d7950.jpg

imagejpg5_zps60aa6d84.jpg

imagejpg2_zps655c3dc3.jpg

imagejpg6_zps9eea8676.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsf51260ac.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4c7a3e4b.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsef06ba49.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsf8dd006a.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

Nice one Jack!

I really like that car, a lot. Looks like you landed a great car- especially being a 1 owner with history etc. Sorry I can answer your questions, sure someone will chime in and offer some information.

Another member of the northern alliance!

Definite score there,well done

Nicely photographed an presented too!

See your in QLD, close enough for C&C tomorrow by any chance...

Oh and Lee Bros in Brisbane for yor dash would be my recommendation, although taking it out will be the fun bit.

Thanks guys very happy with it. The best bit is it drives amazingly well. Definitely looking forward to coming down to brissy for a few runs.

I am not your typical Porsche owner (bit young) so looking forward to getting involved. Will chase down Lee Bros and flick them a few hoots cheers Caledonian.

Great looking car, smog pump?..................Dreamr

"I am not your typical Porsche owner", and they look like what? :o

Don't worry August, your going to find a motley crew hanging around this place :blink:

This one came out of Sydney but was originally advertised for that so could be the one you are thinking off? Didn't pay that much though!

By not typical I mean younger that what I would guess to be standard. See if I can hold on to it for 29 years like the previous owner.

Great looking car, smog pump?..................Dreamr

Thanks for thinking of me Steve ....... Shows originality and honesty .........

What a stunning car .... enjoy.

None of us on here are "your typical Porsche owner" so you'll fit in just fine .... I'm only 21 and have been for the last 25 years ...

I too was unsure of what the 'typical Porsche owner' was.................this is all I could find;

A) Some old car salesman

106---Porsche-race-car_zps0e8e5525.jpg

B) Some guy that shares the same name (must have really liked them!)

porsche-480_zpse17c9ead.jpg

C) Some guy that looks like he's stolen a bunch of Porsche's

magnus_zps1a525d84.jpeg

D) And some guy who bought a car to match his belt buckle

dr_marc_porsche_zps2e951b83.jpg

Not sure what one fits you (or I for that matter) best........................ ;)  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, a one-owner low-mileage Carrera is a rare and coveted bird in the Porsche world.

The spec seems similar to another car that was listed in WA for $100K last year, with low mileage and original delivery receipts.

Any interior pics?

Archived