The Wine Thread

Mate I cannot find it anywhere! Only the $7 one (which is a blend IIRC) I've managed to get!!

It appears the might Temp is the Carrera 3.2 coupe of wines. All the collectors have squirrelled it away. 150ml at a time methinks.

Tempranilo isn't a bad tasting variety if you get a nice one.

Years ago a friend and I used to go halves and buy Hill of Grace by the case. Then they started winning awards. I saw some on sale yesterday for $699 a bottle.

Last Friday when I was leaving my client's place, I was the last one to leave and I needed something to hold the door open while I put my security pass back.  This was the first thing I could find.  I didn't see a vintage on it. 

It inspired me to open up a new bottle when I got home.  I settled on a Hardy's Tintara 2012 Shiraz.  Very nice at ~$20 a bottle.

IMG_20150515_162953_340_zpsbyztwwpu.jpg

Here's one for you Pinot Noir lovers . Just won Oz red wine of the year  at the London wine challenge.

Also in the paper today , commentary about mainland companies buying from the Tassy grape "mines' and making wine offshore.

Which is fine , but it's just not cricket marketing them as Tasmanian wines. Especially when some of them apparently are "rubbish".

Just finished my last bottle of this last night.. my god it was enjoyable! beautiful ripe dark fruit, soft tannin, velvety mouth feel... just lucious! Far too easy to drink! 

IMG_6361_zpsap7fekov.jpg

Paired with some fresh home made gnocchi (because I refuse to eat store bought pasta, I make my own) smoked salmon garlic butter, caper & dill sauce. 

IMG_6365_zpshcpiuljo.jpg

Here's one for you Pinot Noir lovers . Just won Oz red wine of the year  at the London wine challenge.

Also in the paper today , commentary about mainland companies buying from the Tassy grape "mines' and making wine offshore.

Which is fine , but it's just not cricket marketing them as Tasmanian wines. Especially when some of them apparently are "rubbish".

Will certainly check this out and report back!  B)

Still drinking "Billy's Shadow" Cab Sav, Deep red in colour, dark berry and plum flavors and is enhanced by varietal mint characters and a smooth, Lingering finish. ( translation) Goes down well ^_^  

A dangerous metropolitan trend,  posting food pics! 

I would post even more if I lived down your way and had my own farm... including me slaughtering the beasts.

Paddock to plate  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I like to think I have an excuse for posting food pics Tazzieman... my other hobby is barbecue after all. 

There are many days I forget that I even own a Porsche....because this is what parks next to it! 

IMG_5988_zpsihrf3grb.jpg

I probably forget due to the wine consumption though....  :ph34r:

FullSizeRender-8_zpsudanmq7h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...