The Wine Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to a restaurant just out of Mt gambier last week called The Barn. Had a fantastic steak and a brilliant pinot. Just can't remember what it was. 

That shits me to tears ^^ ... so I've succumbed to photographing the label of every wine I enjoy so I can track it down again. :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen (and ladies if there are any out there), just cracked this and it is well worth a try. Hate to say this, but this bottle was $18 from my local Aldi and I have drunk far more expensive wine that doesn't come near this. Give it a go.

wine_zpsl6fsi1fu.jpg

Edited by Blue964

Gentlemen (and ladies if there are any out there), just cracked this and it is well worth a try. Hate to say this, but this bottle was $18 from my local Aldi and I have drunk far more expensive wine that doesn't come near this. Give it a go.

wine_zpsl6fsi1fu.jpg

Will see if I can find it here and give it a crack

image_zps3h6uax0c.jpg

Enjoying this tonight... It's bloody phenomenal! ?

It is not the cheapest at $50/bottle but not over the top either, it it will give much higher priced Burgundy a GOOD run for its money.  $$

The Kiwi's make some pretty nice Pinot's.  Brancott estate is another nice one.  From the Marlborough Sound region.

I'd drink it with over some nice steaks with a few friends.

Agreed.  Or a nicely prepared Beef Wellington.  As far as Grange goes, it's not that collectible yet.  But honestly, wine collecting is a load of wank anyway.  Wine drinking, on the other hand, is serious business.  http://drunk.gif

I've had this stashed for almost 10 years. Drink, keep or sell?

20151221_181627.jpg

its far too young to drink now, so either leave it for another 10 as KGB said, or sell it and buy a case of something.

Bonus of which is you could leave 4-6 resting for 10 years and be really impressed.