Porsche's in the Park

turboT

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ouch

is Mcree doing the work?

yep - McCreath. Its one of those where you are a bit fucked whichever way you go. It's a valuable bit of machinery, Aussi delivered, stock and all of that. I am sure I could find someone that could do it for half, but then the history gets a bit sketchy. These guys are going to do more than just beat a few panels. Basically they ensure we are back to the way it came out of the factory including all the bits we can't see.It's on Autohaus's recommendation so that is good enough for me. Bloody expensive (and stupid) mistake though.

Insurance premium to go up, or just a 'no wet weather' exclusion added?

If you have the cash I would agree with getting it done properly. The, erm, incident is well documented now, so you want the fix equally well documented.

Insurance premium to go up, or just a 'no wet weather' exclusion added?

If you have the cash I would agree with getting it done properly. The, erm, incident is well documented now, so you want the fix equally well documented.

definitely getting it done correctly. Insurance will probably be the way to go

alright  - 930 is on the mend and thought we should talk about something else. If you haven't seen the links bellow check them out.

Would be good to think 'Porsche's in the Park' could help this guy out. Bringing a P-car back to life for his Dad just seems like the right thing to do. Also reached out to him to give us a parts list in case you can help this way.

We should also talk about the next big event at some stage. I have a baby due in the next two weeks, but there was talk of 'taking over Cars and Coffee' so whilst the next one will be out for me, the following one I should be able to get out. Let me know if you are up for so this as we probably need to let them know, and also it will be an early one if we are really going to takes over - suggest arrival at soon after 6am. We got 22 P-cars to the last event. Hopefully the weather will be good, and with no threat of a 'scary drive afterwards' we should aim to double that.

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/103241/mydadscar

https://hellblau82.wordpress.com/

Does anyone know the guys who run C&C? Just PM'd them with the idea of a P-Car 'parking zone' for their July date, and our next 'Porsche's in the Park Meet, but a personal contact might make this more possible. Let me know if you do

Does anyone know the guys who run C&C? Just PM'd them with the idea of a P-Car 'parking zone' for their July date, and our next 'Porsche's in the Park Meet, but a personal contact might make this more possible. Let me know if you do

T, I think Luke O'Neill, who runs the Burrows Drive Days at Eastern Creek is one of the organisers. His contact is on his page www.longroup.com.au

ok C&C have confirmed their credentials of lovers of all things Italian :) - no special parking opportunities for us..

No worries, the plan is to get their early and take over an area ideally as close as possible to the restaurant. As discussed at the last meet we want to keep 'Porsche's in the Park' probably bi-Monthly to allow everyone time to do other stuff, so the thought is we attend the 5th of July event. I think it will be good to return to the place that instigated the idea of a P-Car meet in the first place, but we are all fully aware of the issues with parking, so if you want to be part of the 'collective' I recommend we consider an arrival time close to 6-30am. For those coming further, coming later is no real issue. It will hopefully be obvious where we are and we all now know a few more faces.

Closer to the date we will figure out the best spot and whether we meet somewhere for a drive up also. Always a good morning and a chance to wonder around looking at cars.

Updates will follow, but look forward to seeing you all again and potentially some new recruits

• 2 months later...

Archived