Porsche's in the Park

turboT

Was a great morning and well organised event - cheers Tom.

Glad the old Sporto failed to keep up with you on the highway (even in launch mode) ...bit of bog and a rattle can or two from Super Cheap Auto and it'll be good as gold.

But it's silver??

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see everyone today. Love your work T getting it all organised. Even the tomato sauce.

Really sorry about the spin. It didn't look that bad & should clean up ok. Glad you got home ok.

We missed everyone else at Wisemans Ferry in the end.

I think this will gather momentum with 20+ cars first time out.

Enjoyable morning Tom, good to catch up with some old faces, new ones and put faces to names! The coffee was great too! so thanks for organising the meet and the sausage rolls!

I can only imagine how much better it will be in good weather!

Sorry to hear about your incident! never lift!, keep it buried... The son of a bitch will bite when you do lift :(

DSC_4956.jpg

Username change to "the black sheep"?  :P

Some cool cars, I wish I knew more about what I was looking at - from the outside I can't tell the difference between aircooled and intercooled! Still, the little bloke had a great time looking at all the "race cars", and being new to Porsches I need to do some reading so I can actually appreciate what you guys have here.

PANO_20150503_090046.jpg

DSC_4962.jpg

DSC_4957.jpg

DSC_4959.jpg

Am I right in assuming I was the only 4-door, the only V8, and one of only a few 4 wheel drives? Now THAT's exclusivity! 

Great Day, Nice to see some lovely cars and meet some new people.

Thanks Tom for the Sausage Rolls...but after suppyling the breakfast there was no need to provide the slow motion dance infront of us for entertainment!...it hurt watching..glad your OK....not so lucky for the Rosella!

Great drive was had, great to have a chat with BJM, We made it to Wisemans Ferry Pub....what happen to the rest of you??

I have a pic at the pub, How do I post it????  see you all next time...Peter.

Ahh you guys ended up heading to Seatlers Arms. Someone at brokelyn said you were stoping at Wisemans.

Good to meet you Pete. Would love to check out your hill climb beast one day.

Maybe the next Porsches in the park will be down your way.

Of all the days for my ignition switch to play up, today was the day.

I guess it was better it happened 3 corners from home rather than in the boondocks somewhere. Good turnout by the look of it, sorry i missed out on meeting a few more new faces from this great forum, see you on the next one.

A bit of drama to top it off as well, slippery when wet ;)

It appears it was a bad weekend for the 944's,  :wacko:

a bit to much water around for us 'water cooled' lot....

a couple of mechanical issues i had hoped to have sorted stopped me from joining the fun...

P1040025_zpstwtehkz8.jpg

P1040022_zpsx6ppjvnz.jpg

"Big shout out to James (Autohaus) for getting me the knew brackets" :D

Congrats on the turnout and well done by TurboT.......

Sorry about your car and hope it cleans up ok  :(

Hope to see you on the next one..... B)

Echo the thoughts of all here. Great to meet some new people and let's hope this continues in better weather.

Thanks turbot for organising, making sure caffeine habits were catered for and the brunch.

Sorry it did not end well for the 930, but could have been much worse for the car and YOU! Am sure the porsche gods will smile on you next time!

Fantastic turnout and well done on organising this Tom.

Looking at the photos, our four car SMT in Melbourne was way short of this class act. 

And like someone said earlier.............keep the right foot planted on the 930. Glad it was only a bit of bent tin.

I would love to make some turbo + wet road jokes but my heart is breaking for you.

Now you know why they come with 4wd standard I guess.

He just bought one of those 4wd ones as well ...... my heart is breaking with you .....

Sorry who ever you are ..... Porsche owners only! ........

I think Michel has forgotten that he bought the car as it is still in my garage. Don't remind him. I now have some money to paint it. :lol:

Oh, little bit embarrassing, but ended up rear ending the turbo. Car just let go taking a corner. Almost got away with it, then didn't...

Nothing major, just cosmetic, but now I know why Old p-car owners don't like the wet.

B5BB650F-4C75-4C75-9F74-CC8BE89CC8DA_zps

Jeez Tom! I guess it could have been worse and fortunate you are ok. It does look tough with the war paint though...

Was a great morning your little excursion aside, and thanks again for the sausage rolls and providing the furniture below...

IMG_3924s_zpsa3m891ta.jpg

IMG_3954s_zps7iatx8yc.jpg

IMG_3944s_zpshzmn5wqh.jpg

IMG_3952s_zpsk6kkt5qw.jpg

IMG_3930s_zpshtjpxen3.jpg

At the risk of sounding like every one else, yes a great morning indeed. I was a bit hesitant due to the weather, but it only proved that I have no leaks in the roof of the cab and didn't put a dampener on the day at all.

Looking forward to the next one when the weather may be more favourable and allow me to tag along for the group drive.

Here's hoping the damage is superficial Tom, both to you and your 930.

Archived