With the premium prices that places like CTS and Autohaus are getting on their air cooled cars, does anyone know what they charge to sell a car on consignment?

Just wondering if the premium realised is enough to cover the consignment charges over what you would get on Carsales or PFA for that matter. 

I guess the other advantage of consignment would be you don't have to deal with dickhead lowballers too. 

minimum 10% plus you cover the costs of getting the car road worthy and up to 'warranty' standard. 

IMO, with crazy prices Porsches are commanding now, I'd sell the car private. If the car is any good, it will get snapped up. 

CTS seem to do an amazing job at "moving the metal" but I agree that they are inconsistent with the way they treat potential customers (both buying and selling).  I've been treated amazingly well on some occasions (especially when I showed up in my 71S!) and on other occasions treated with near contempt.  To be fair to them, I suspect that they get a HUGE number of dreamers and tyre kickers in the door and they have to be quite ruthless with time wasters.

They must be making SO much money at the moment, and a lot of these cars basically sell themself.  Not hard to sell a mint 993 turbo in this market!!  . . . no wonder they don't seem to care much.

Anyone know what Autohaus Hamilton charges to sell a car on consignment?

I purchased from CTS a number of years back and I must say I was surprised by the service. No hard sell and no contempt at all. I was expecting to be treated a lot worse. I'm sure it's not everyday they get a 30 year old buying a 993 Turbo.

However I have a mate who recently enquired about selling his 930 Turbo and he echoes some of the comments here about poor service. The also appear to be picky when it comes to what cars they sell.

10% and $1000 fee?

What are they, ex Columbian drug lords?

Sorry, but if you had a $150k car to sell, would you be happy to hand over $16k? Pretty bloody sure I wouldn't be!

10% and $1000 fee?

Sorry, but if you had a $150k car to sell, would you be happy to hand over $16k? Pretty bloody sure I wouldn't be!

I understand your sentiment Lee, but I think the general feeling of selling through CTS is that your $150,000 car will sell at a premium through them for say $185,000 / $195,000 ... minus the ridiculous fee and you are better off ....

I'm just say'n .....

10% and $1000 fee?

I was only discussing this recently with our PFA overlord in relation to a premium put onto a private car once it moved to a particular dealer. It would appear that buying from a dealer (especially if they have a good rep) is worth it to a lot of buyers and provides some confidence as opposed to handing over a large sum of money for what is an old car to someone like me!  :ph34r:  :lol:

I do agree though, not quite worth 16k to me but I guess it pays off for others..............Hey I'll sell your car for 5%!  :)

I understand your sentiment Lee, but I think the general feeling of selling through CTS is that your $150,000 car will sell at a premium through them for say $185,000 / $195,000 ... minus the ridiculous fee and you are better off ....

I'm just say'n .....

Ronny,

Thanks for saying clearly what I was trying to ask!

I understand your sentiment Lee, but I think the general feeling of selling through CTS is that your $150,000 car will sell at a premium through them for say $185,000 / $195,000 ... minus the ridiculous fee and you are better off ....I'm just say'n .....

Fair point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Cheers

I still think 10% is a bit of a rort in my opinion.

If I wanted to sell my 912 through them and wanted $45k as my bottom dollar, adding the 10% plus a grand on top to cover their expenses/profit margin wouldnt see it move very quickly I reckon.

Though saying that, who knows what it would sell for these days with Porsche prices going nuts

I would have thought that to utilise their services you wouldn't put an "average" air cooled through ... I imagine that the premium would work best with the unicorn type cars ....

I know that they are all unicorns at the moment ... I'm talking about air cooled turbos (930, 964, 993) air cooled speedsters, RS, RSCS, etc .... would't have thought the standard SC, Carrera 3.2 etc would benifit from paying the premium.

.... would't have thought the standard SC, Carrera 3.2 etc would benifit from paying the premium.

That's what I'm not sure of!

For those sort of cars anything over six or seven thousand more than you'd get on Carsales is profit for you.

We need a volunteer! :D

I saw two 930's roll out of their lair yesterday, a third car shortly behind the pair.

They are selling cars so are the people who are putting theirs on car sales and gumtree. Whose leaving their lunch money on the table?

Good pics, good copy will sell most any car ( dog) at present whether you are a used car dealer... Sorry purveyor of fine automobiles and gentleman racer heirlooms... or hairy knuckled loons such as myself.

Could any of the used salesman sold that yellow targa that sat on gumtree faster and got more?

CTS do seem to move them quickly, a mate was on there today and reports that the blue 993 is already sold

Steve,

Is it because they offer good finance deals as well? Sort of one stop shop for budding Magnus's?

I used to think most were cash purchases but I think cheap finance is driving the price rises just like housing.

Steve,

Is it because they offer good finance deals as well? Sort of one stop shop for budding Magnus's?

I used to think most were cash purchases but I think cheap finance is driving the price rises just like housing.

No idea re finance, my mate rang me from there today and said that it was sold within 24 hrs. I think if they are moving them this quickly they are most likely cash sales, but who knows

I've got a theory about the CTS's, Autohaus's etc ....

These places have been around for a long time. Dealing in high end luxury cars would get you a network and a waiting list as thick as an old fashioned yellow pages.

My take on all of these crazy sales is that they are promoted and sold in house prior to going on the internet and are only listed as a means to make public / raise prices with all of the frenzied buying .... there are just FAR TOO MANY 5 minute sales going on for them all to be legit ....

I find it hard to believe that these businesses would bypass their loyal customers and their waiting lists just to list on the internet for 5 minutes ....

My theory only .....

Archived