Opinion on wheel colour - 964

how to get the centre cap coloured like that?

Humbrol red, black and gold modellers paint, a fine artist's brush and lots of patience.  Ask me how I know.  Or you can buy them already done for $$$

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humbrol red, black and gold modellers paint, a fine artist's brush and lots of patience.  Ask me how I know.  Or you can buy them already done for $$$

Non gen part but close enough for $29.99; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-CAR-ALLOY-WHEEL-CENTRE-LOGO-CAP-HUB-CREST-BADGE-EMBLEM-77MM-SILVER-FOR-PORSCHE-/331567550913?hash=item4d32f751c1

You seriously got out modellers paint? 

• 4 weeks later...

ok.. i just got the original D90 rims sprayed.. I went with 0B5 which is meant to be the Porsche Platinum colour for the GT3 rims.. but they did a gloss finish, not satin...

I don't have tyres yet, but wanted to get opinions from the masses.

IMAG0032_zps2hbvkrfy.jpg

IMAG0030_zps6mi6dayq.jpg

looks great and very close to the shadow chrome I was suggesting!

hmmm.. quite a few suggestions for lower.. but I really dont want to go any lower than it is.. I have H&R purple springs and Bilstein HD all round.. 

My other set of cup 1 in the charcoal powder coat, have been sent off for the same colour treatment as these D90.. Took it for a short drive up MtGravatt lookout and have to admit, it felt really nice to drive. No where near as "choppy" as with the larger rims and lower profile tyres.. perhaps I have become too old and boring.

IMAG0049_zpsmrww25ay.jpg

IMAG0053_zpswol9n8qw.jpg

IMAG0052_zpsfisfduf3.jpg

IMAG0051_zpsw5z8nko3.jpg

That looks fantastic Mike. I would have said stay with silver until I saw that colour. 

Fantastic looking car

Dave

thanks Dave. Appreciate the comment.

are those the right profile tyres? shouldn't have to go lower to get rid of that wheel gap?

Factory specs for tyres. The car is a LOT lower than stock suspension.. stock 964 rides VERY high at the front.

Archived