Opinion on wheel colour - 964

I think it looks good, better than the bronze by a mile. perhaps black would have been the better option as it would tie in with the black trimming on the car. Still looks good though!

I need to start one of these threads as im thinking of doing my wheels a different colour. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback.. I'm not happy with them.. I actually prefer the bronze colour.. but I think I'll save some pennies and get the powder coating changed to a platinum colour like the current crop of mega dollar porsches... Might wait till I scratch one of these first...

Not a fan of the bronze on red sorry Mike.

The charcoal is a good idea but hasn't come off correct but I could live with it.

Would consider a less blue toned charcoal or re-done in black... or silver.

Your car is screaming for a side decal with the dark wheels. 

This. 

Hi Mike, my 2 cents

Way too blue. I like the bronze & if you had a "Porsche" side decal (Porsche in a faded bronze) & stripes a few shades lighter or darker than Guards Red. Is that racy enough.

Hi Mike, my 2 cents

Way too blue. I like the bronze & if you had a "Porsche" side decal (Porsche in a faded bronze) & stripes a few shades lighter or darker than Guards Red. Is that racy enough.

Silver just looks right though.

Hope it helps

Thought about it earlier regarding the decal. The "Porsche" part a few shades lighter or darker than Guards Red & the stripes in faded bronze. Would look subtle IMO

C'mon guys, no love for colour matched? Red on Red!

964-speedster-red-on-red_zpspuddbv3k.jpg

I'm all for body colour, I recently had my cups refinished in white to match my body work - uber 90's IMO. Miami Vice is a reference that also comes to mind. 

A bit blue outside... 

Want racy? Go white!

Really suits the Cup rim I feel, reminds me of tarmac rally rims of that era.

A bit blue once outside... I prefer the bronze - I think it works with the interior colour better.

Want racy? Go white!  Really suits the Cup rim I feel, reminds me of tarmac rally rims of that era.

Archived