Steve McQueens 930 sells for $1.95M. Paint your P-cars Battle ship Grey people!

you should ave grabbed that cool slate grey 912 over in adelaide the other week…

Yeah, possibly be happy you didnt! Been told it had a very hard rear ender a few years ago. The whole rear clip was replaced, so it makes sense that the panel gaps were weird when I saw it up close. Something just didnt look right

Yeah, possibly be happy you didnt! Been told it had a very hard rear ender a few years ago. The whole rear clip was replaced, so it makes sense that the panel gaps were weird when I saw it up close. Something just didnt look right

then mr fish was the right man... he's not averse to the odd rear ending...bit a pulling here some stretching there. Reckon not the end of the world as long as it's not structurally a mess ... Still slate grey though sheds light on the sellers comments, mostly original paint.

Bana has a good history of Porsche race cars, first time I met him was at a PCV event. Apologies for getting the thread off topic! :)

The first time I met him he was no one and on a motorcycle at a local dirt rally.  The second time I met him he had his nose pressed up against a window in Elizabeth St looking at motorcycles after closing time.  I can't tell you about the third.  Do I win?  :P

The first time I met him he was no one and on a motorcycle at a local dirt rally.  The second time I met him he had his nose pressed up against a window in Elizabeth St looking at motorcycles after closing time.  I can't tell you about the third.  Do I win?  :P

I scrutineered his 900 ss for a DOCV track day

I think Crowe looks better in a skirt

So both were in the Peter Wherret club?

McQueen's brown 275 Lusso is what I'd spend my money on. You can't beat 60s classics for style.

$2 mill would buy a 904/6 , which on show would be the honeypot to the carguy flies.

So both were in the Peter Wherret club?

McQueen's brown 275 Lusso is what I'd spend my money on. You can't beat 60s classics for style.

$2 mill would buy a 904/6 , which on show would be the honeypot to the carguy flies.

LMAO - "Not that there's anything wrong with that....."

Well I was talking tongue in cheek about Gladiator.....but nothing would surprise me. Got to give it to McQueen he had great taste when it came to cars, he certainly lived the dream.... 

Got to give it to McQueen he had great taste when it came to cars, he certainly lived the dream.... 

Well brown is not everyone's taste here! The 275 was brown and he repainted his Mini brown . If you are cool and confident , you can wear brown.

Anyone with manlove for Steve should buy this book  Seems he turned over cars like he turned over women.

You have obviously known him for quite some time.................

I was still in primary school when I can remember him first starting to  appear on television and by the time I moved to Melbourne he was an international actor - no early chance meetings for me unfortunately. 

The first time I met him he was no one and on a motorcycle at a local dirt rally.  The second time I met him he had his nose pressed up against a window in Elizabeth St looking at motorcycles after closing time.  I can't tell you about the third. 

Seriously intriguing comrade! Cold secrets are OK. As long as no lavatory block was involved . 

Yeah bro.

I've been fixing the window winders (%#!!@$#$!!! of a job...) and with the door trims off, all the inside of the doors is this amazing flat, dark, dark slate grey.

Colour code 6801 is still on the door jamb and confirmed on the paperwork from Porsche as original Australian delivered colour with red vinyl interior, red carpet and red vinyl recaro sports seats with red/white/black houndstooth inserts.

Come April you won't recognise her :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived