Poor Mans Boxster - MR2

ok - has to be said

Girls car

After reading a lot of your posts, I'm not too surprised nor offended by your opinion.

Each to his (or her) own.

Mike - trade-in at work?  Otherwise - why would you be interested...

Always liked them! And it seems to embody everything about the 914.... but better??

As you know, I like variety.

Go for it! But make it a door stop first gen. I have this little ripper squirrelled away.:D

DSC_0303s_zpskih8matd.jpg

That looks extremely clean.

Wash your mouth out.

can we get a 24 hr PFA ban and a threat of 964 confiscation as a warning?!

we know you work for Toyota but still !  :p

Go for it! But make it a door stop first gen. I have this little ripper squirrelled away.:D

DSC_0303s_zpskih8matd.jpg

now you're talking!  Preferably with 4agze.

Don't get the MG, that's an awful car (handling and quality). 

The Spyder is a very fun car with a few mods. The SMT is not great and prone to having issues, repair costs are high on the SMT and most people end up either doing a manual swap or selling the car as it's about $5k for SMT replacement! 

I have a MR-S (jdm spyder) it's a proper manual which I then swapped out the 1zz and c56 for a 2zz and c60 (aka poor mans lotus), with coil overs, bracing, sticky tires, intake/exhaust ect. With sub 1000kgs of weight and the 2zz revving to 8400rpm it is a massive amount of fun and gives a great driving experience. It's raw and direct, it's what I imagine a GT3 would be like (driving experience wise not out right performance). 

It does 7ltrs/100kms, costs next to nothing to maintain and if I go off at the track parts are plentiful and cheap. 

11406972_10152842512535936_2087895175911950089_n.jpg

Hmmmm this thread got me looking online, I just had a look at the mid 1990's MR2 Bathurst model, they could be a poor man's Lotus Elise or as I stir up my mate poor man's 914, hmmmmmm good thing I have no money :lol:

Archived