Paul Walker’s daughter sues Porsche

JV911

PAUL Walker‘s daughter is suing Porsche for wrongful death, claiming the sports car her movie star father was in when he was killed suffered from numerous design defects.

The lawsuit filed by Meadow Rain Walker, 16 — the late actor’s sole heir — seeks unspecified damages for defects that her lawyers claim kept the actor trapped in the Porsche Carrera GT when it crashed and burst into flames in November 2013.

Walker was on a break from filming the seventh film in the Fast & Furious franchise when he was killed. He was riding in the Carrera GT driven by friend and business associate Roger Rodas when the car spun out of control, struck three trees and burst into flames on a street in Santa Clarita, California.

The wrongful-death suit claims the car, which was marketed as a street-legal race car, lacked a proper stability control system and safeguards to protect occupants and keep it from catching fire after a collision.

“Absent these defects in the Porsche Carrera GT, Paul Walker would be alive today,” the lawsuit states.

An email sent to representatives of Porsche Cars North America was not immediately returned.

The 18-page lawsuit includes a detailed recounting of the crash and contends that the Porsche was travelling 101 to 114 kmh when it spun out of control.

Investigators concluded the Porsche was going much faster — up to 151 kmh — when it crashed.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/paul-walkers-death-blamed-on-defects-as-movie-stars-daughter-sues-porsche/story-fnjwucvh-1227549058253

Right, just so I understand. His mate Roger ( a race driver of little notoriety) was driving like a complete dick, far beyond the realms of safety on a public road, hits a tree or whatever, then the family sue the car manufacturer? 

Now as we all know, a 911 especially is a bit tail happy due to weight distribution (no names mentioned here that hit a certain pole in a silver turbo!), yet being as it was a design flaw, they should pursue legal action against Porsche for designing a car that has an inherent problem when one drives it in a'spirited manner'!

What a complete crock of shit!

If they were driving a Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin etc, the same thing would have happened. A tragic outcome due to negligence by the driver. Case closed

It is a cop out to try and pass the unfortunate death of someone back onto the manufacturer of the car essentially when the police have documented excessive speed as the likely cause of the the accident ,,,,,,In my opinion the only people who would gain from this  situation is the Lawyers if they manage to prove that Porsche was in someway liable ..

You will never take the human error factor out of driving no matter how many electronic safety devises you engineer into the vehicle ,,people will do silly things behind the wheel ,,we see it ever day on our roads ,,ESP will not change that .......I have it on several of my cars and it will not stop me from hitting a power pole ,,,it will only assist me in avoiding it ,,,,,,unfortunately when ones number is up it is up..

This will not bring the child,s father back and I honesty would not think that Walkers family would be hard up and in desperate need of Funds ,,,,this all just screams of Legal BS gone made .......:unsure:

Now as we all know, a 911 especially is a bit tail happy due to weight distribution (no names mentioned here that hit a certain pole in a silver turbo!), yet being as it was a design flaw, they

Defamatory comments Lee. After I am done suing Porsche for my faulty rear end I am going to go after you buddy :) Anyone know who makes the lamposts? Going to Sue them to.

I think a suit was successful in the 1980s when someone spun a 930 into oncoming traffic?  I recall reading about it.  

It's very hard to state the car is not fit for purpose when someone with racing experience is driving it.  

In the case of the 930 I think it came down to the fact that any old person could buy one and they were lethal to untrained drivers.

Applying that same type of logic to the Carrera GT wouldn't fly, so it looks like they are going for some other type of safety angle.

They're probably looking for a settlement and go-away money, but really, the car is out of production so Porsche might as well fight it.  If they win it probably increases the value of the remaining Carrera GTs - no car ever suffered in desirability for being a widow maker.

Defamatory comments Lee. After I am done suing Porsche for my faulty rear end I am going to go after you buddy :) Anyone know who makes the lamposts? Going to Sue them to.

You forgot, the people who placed the lamppost in the wrong place. 

Clearly the driver was at fault but unfortunately he cant be sued.................I'm guessing this is their next best option to getting some 'compensation' out of the situation. 

They could use the publicity of the accident to promote awareness of responsible driving or do something positive but no unfortunately, cash grab attempt is the preferred method of dealing with such an incident. 

Back on thread topic.....may Paul Walker showed the driver a picture of Raven's Avatar - and that caused the accident.   I think Raven should lay low and not head to USA any time soon.

.........................................:lol::D:D

Archived