Magnus walker - latest 964 creation

turboT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a lot of effort for some of the little changes, like narrowing the drop down centre section in the bonnet and then matching the groove over the roof. That does look good. I often wonder about removing the roof gutters. They are obviously there for a reason. How well do the window seals hold up in torrential rain without them?

That is a lot of effort for some of the little changes, like narrowing the drop down centre section in the bonnet and then matching the groove over the roof. That does look good. I often wonder about removing the roof gutters. They are obviously there for a reason. How well do the window seals hold up in torrential rain without them?

iirc the rain gutters have some structural function as well hence the RUF cars having integrated rollcages? can't remember where i read that..

it's not about the window seals (they are water tight, or should be..) it's about letting you have your window cracked open when it rains without water running off the roof straight into your car.

it's about letting you have your window cracked open when it rains without water running off the roof straight into your car.

That sounds about right. I knew they were there for some reason (besides the seam for where the roof is joined on). :D 

Yes , my ute is the gutterless model and when it is raining you can not have a gap to let some air in Ya just get wet,you have to put those ugly weather deflectors on but as they say it don't rain in L A <_<

I like the gutter removal mod, as it smoothes out the roof line. It's obviously never going to see the rain

with his collection of p cars I'm sure he wasn't in the least bit concerned about designing his 964 as a practical daily driver.

Hella trailer lights are the jizz now that Magnus has done it.  Hell, I wouldn't even put them on my.... er.... trailer.  Having said that, tail lights are one of the harder things to customise if you want them to be different to all the belly button cars. I would have frenched them in a bit more and put a lightly tinted cover over the whole lot.

It is a nice colour though.

I think that suggest licking drool off ya chin...

I'd drive that car!  Take that chin-spoiler off and we're good to go.  I'm actually eyeing his wheel dimensions.  I think 17's with a bit of dish are perfect for the 964...

Just a question Bloke, No need ta stick ya Tongue out ;)

nyahnyah.gif

not convinced about the steering wheel for arthritic hands either..

but it's a MW signature series wheel with distressed leather for that instant vintage look (just one of MW's signature touches)--folks with arthritic hands should stop crying and just be thankful they have a wheel that bares the great MW's signature, which should sooth the pain of their Arthur Rightus.

Overall, I am not a hater on the car, I do think some of the touches don't work for me though (common from others): front splitter, don't hate the R lights but paired with the centre reflector and they don't work. I like the 1552/MW wheels, I saw a custom set on Instagram that had polished lips and black centres which looked great. The roof is fantastic, don't hate the polish highlights elsewhere but the headlamp rings don't look right to me. 

The way it sits is just perfect though.

Now that I have seen the interior, I would have done the shifter differently. I like the way the OEM rubber gator is exposed but re-using the 964 knob looks half assed. Distressed leather is his thing so of course that fits with HIS car. I like the red carpet.

Reading the Stanceworks article has highlighted some of the more subtle but time consuming details such as the way he made the bonnet channel more narrow which is matched to the roof and spoiler. Very cool. 

It's quite funny critiquing MWs cars. Imagine if we were comparing our choice of lounge decor, which I'm sure ranges from the eclectic to the magazine generic.

"The Harvey Norman recliner clashes with the Moran ottoman." or "Who'd put a digital TV in a room with seagrass matting?"

^^^I don't want to be a hater, but I'm struggling with the red carpet.

I'm struggling with the 2nd hand seats, shifter boot and steering wheel

It's quite funny critiquing MWs cars. Imagine if we were comparing our choice of lounge decor, which I'm sure ranges from the eclectic to the magazine generic.

"The Harvey Norman recliner clashes with the Moran ottoman." or "Who'd put a digital TV in a room with seagrass matting?"

I'm sure there is a forum for that

Archived