Magnus walker - latest 964 creation

turboT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like I'm the odd person out on this thread...but I really like his 964. Magnus openly admits he is not a strict purist and builds his cars for himself and nobody else so purists be damned:) This is his take on a 964 and not one restored to factory spec. So with that in mind I like what he has done to the rear guards to get that extra rubber on the back. The suspension set up and stance is great. I'll be the first to admit that I have never been taken by his 52outlaw wheels but I kind of like them on this car.  I think the engine and brake set up is great--I bet that engine sounds phenomenal. I actually like the mesh engine vent and tail (thank christ he didn't go with a duck tail). I really dig the colour and the vents in the front guard I don't mind. Only thing I think is a bit odd are the rear tail lights, but I wouldn't say no to this car just because of the tail lights. I'd love to see what he has done to the interior. What the hell would I know about Porsches 'cause I seem to be on my own with this 964, but I give this car the thumbs up--nice job.

I'm with you.  I'm surprised it dosent have more colour and highlights.  Maybe thats coming with decals and stuff. Also, interesting that he went the chrome around the place and then used boring old RS mirrors. Seems like bullet style brushed metal or chrome mirrors would have worked.

I'm warming to the wheels. Would have done them in gold or bronze here. Good fitment though!

what is the purpose of the vents on top of the front fenders ?   cooling or making sure that all the rain and mud are directed towards the top and the windscreen ?

I am not a fan,  just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff for no purpose

wheel wells are high pressure areas, any way to get air out of them is beneficial. i.e. 74' RSR

uyrM0qO.jpg

kIZo6Nz.jpg

i don't really like the execution here, also think the exhaust is might be a bit lacking as i don't see any muffler? have found open pipes can be a bit too dak dak, often need some form of muffler/crossover to smooth out the coarse edge (imo).

rest of the car is amazing though, just those few details really

Looking at this objectively...as though it was a PFA member car and not a Magnus creation...

awesome motor.

i like the wing and I don't mind the wheels either.

no fan if the fluted guards...interestingly he was working on these when the classic car show tall Sheila visited him.  The rear lights don't work well either, especially with the reflector.

overall not bad, but quite my cup of tea.  The mix of chrome window with 964 bumpers jars a little.

The more I look at the details the more I like. Wheel arch edge, lovely. Roof, inspired (my fav). Bright work, yes, needs more around the front indicators. Eng grill, nice. Door mirrors, some imagination would be nice here. Colour, brilliant. Front bumper, needs a re-think. Vented front guards, really like & new idea I think. Rear lights & reflector, need to change this look to set it apart as rodded 964 (some chrome/bright work would help). De-guttered, like. Some "forward looking" ideas might help as well. Wheels, self promo, but I like.

Overall a very good look which pushes a lot of buttons for me, just lacking the input of a clever designer (deff, not me) with an eye for the smaller detail. For me the exercise is design so can't comment on the engine & drive chain etc.

No doubt will be a big$$ conv for you & I.

I think the biggest crime here is the tosser that owns that 991 RS .......... who saw the need to put 2 foot high decals screaming GT3 RS at the world along with those over accentuated intake decals along with the front guard ones as well, this is a lesson on how to take a mint RS and make it look stupid.  

I am certainly grateful for those ridiculously oversized gt3rs decals...every time I come back to those photos my thought is...my that orange carrera is nice, but then those stupidly oversized decals remind me that I'm not looking at just a plain old carrera but instead lm looking at a gt3rs. Thank god for stupidly big side decals.

Front angle shot looks pretty good because some of the naf detailing is not immediately evident.  Very cool engine etc.  Colour is great.  Sick to death of those bloody wheels and Carac trailer tail lights.  Tried too hard, sorry MW, miscued this time.

MWs profession is stated as "artist" , and as a lifelong non-conformist modern artist his goal is to garner attention and discussion - not necessarily sell paintings. It seems he is very successful at his profession! I don't like the car , but then again modern art is largely lost on me - and that's my lonely opinion!

I think the biggest crime here is the tosser that owns that 991 RS .......... who saw the need to put 2 foot high decals screaming GT3 RS at the world along with those over accentuated intake decals along with the front guard ones as well, this is a lesson on how to take a mint RS and make it look stupid.

Shame he run out of room for the last 3 letters "ole"

love the gutter delete.   oh and probably some wipers...

But boys. Its California!!

Archived