Magnus walker - latest 964 creation

turboT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RS style vents. Not sure about that. 

MW rims. I guess they're cheap for him and a way of marketing them further. 

Those tail lights. Nope. Looks a bit more like a Ferrari back end than a Porsche particularly at that angle with those lights. Not a fan. Didn't mind them on the long hoods though with their positioning.

Weapon grade motor, built by BBI Autosport  

Some basic specifications:

- MAHLE 109mm Cylinder Sleeve 102mm Bore Pistons 109mm O.D. Cylinder
- BBi Cup Spec Rods by CP Carrillo
- Knife Edged &Balanced Crank
- BBi Spec Heads w/ Aasco valves
- Titanium Retainer for Lightweight Valve Contro
- Porsche 993 RSR cams
- Rothsport 48mm Individual Throttle Bodies
- Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Intake Manifold
- MoTeC M48 ECU
- Rothsport Headers
- Rothsport Wiring Harness

0878BBE9-14C3-4ED0-8B20-E898061204E8_zps

A40A6E3F-C96E-40C0-8C80-24646EE1743F_zps

B9122F57-ED1F-4962-BADB-187FD42B4227_zps

Don't like: tail lights (horrible), louvres, fuel cap, chrome trim, upturned exhaust tips 

Could take or leave: the wing, the wheels and the chin spoiler

Love: the colour (and the fact that it is not 5 different colours!), the stance, suspension and brake setup, headers and donk

Overall score: meh

It looks a bit of a mish mash - old school tail lights, next to a more modern reflector; old school chrome trim with a modern front end. Would like to see the interior.

23084033772_26fa2f0f73_h.jpg

23108977651_635fd65b5f_h.jpg

23048812246_cda744a924_h.jpg 

22656488347_02f0d63c4d_h.jpg 

22682574719_9a7da562c0_h.jpg 

23048809076_609755fe16_h.jpg 

23061236952_fe333cb15f_h.jpg 

22456296303_9554262a80_h.jpg 

22659106278_0d04eefe33_h.jpg 

22659130907_cc00dccd83_h.jpg

23088700821_71f7a90d73_h.jpg

11221536_1075422979156937_71458217538409

I really don't like it either. 

There is a bunch of cool elements to the car and the mechanical package looks really neat. 

But I think the chrome and older styling cues make it look more like a G series with 964 bumpers.. 

Don't like: tail lights (horrible), louvres, fuel cap, chrome trim, upturned exhaust tips 

Could take or leave: the wing, the wheels and the chin spoiler

Love: the colour (and the fact that it is not 5 different colours!), the stance, suspension and brake setup, headers and donk

Overall score: meh

It looks a bit of a mish mash - old school tail lights, next to a more modern reflector; old school chrome trim with a modern front end. Would like to see the interior.

Let's be honest, he saw your build and tried to copy it... you nailed it, he didn't.

Seems like I'm the odd person out on this thread...but I really like his 964. Magnus openly admits he is not a strict purist and builds his cars for himself and nobody else so purists be damned:) This is his take on a 964 and not one restored to factory spec. So with that in mind I like what he has done to the rear guards to get that extra rubber on the back. The suspension set up and stance is great. I'll be the first to admit that I have never been taken by his 52outlaw wheels but I kind of like them on this car.  I think the engine and brake set up is great--I bet that engine sounds phenomenal. I actually like the mesh engine vent and tail (thank christ he didn't go with a duck tail). I really dig the colour and the vents in the front guard I don't mind. Only thing I think is a bit odd are the rear tail lights, but I wouldn't say no to this car just because of the tail lights. I'd love to see what he has done to the interior. What the hell would I know about Porsches 'cause I seem to be on my own with this 964, but I give this car the thumbs up--nice job.

Seems like I'm the odd person out on this thread...but I really like his 964. Magnus openly admits he is not a strict purist and builds his cars for himself and nobody else so purists be damned:) This is his take on a 964 and not one restored to factory spec. So with that in mind I like what he has done to the rear guards to get that extra rubber on the back. The suspension set up and stance is great. I'll be the first to admit that I have never been taken by his 52outlaw wheels but I kind of like them on this car.  I think the engine and brake set up is great--I bet that engine sounds phenomenal. I actually like the mesh engine vent and tail (thank christ he didn't go with a duck tail). I really dig the colour and the vents in the front guard I don't mind. Only thing I think is a bit odd are the rear tail lights, but I wouldn't say no to this car just because of the tail lights. I'd love to see what he has done to the interior. What the hell would I know about Porsches 'cause I seem to be on my own with this 964, but I give this car the thumbs up--nice job.

agree

I'm surprised he didn't go the gold or solid black wheel option in his 52 range, but hey the silver is somewhat classic I guess..........

Interesting the mixed views, seems like the tail lights are dividing people. :lol:

Personally,  JV's car looks better. MW's car has probably had the national debt of Poland spent on it (as I'm sure JV's might have) and no doubt its a quality build, yet it kinda looks like a ricer built it. Those vents in the guards are a bit naff 

Personally,  JV's car looks better. MW's car has probably had the national debt of Poland spent on it (as I'm sure JV's might have) 

Kazakhstan :P

Let's be honest, he saw your build and tried to copy it... you nailed it, he didn't.

:D

I think the biggest crime here is the tosser that owns that 991 RS .......... who saw the need to put 2 foot high decals screaming GT3 RS at the world along with those over accentuated intake decals along with the front guard ones as well, this is a lesson on how to take a mint RS and make it look stupid.  

Archived