Sharapova dumped by Porsche

tazzieman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheating or real medical condition???

That is the question.....

When I went to Latvia and later Russia for advanced kettlebell training and competitions ( 5-7 years ago) , that drug was promoted as a bona fide substance in the same way caffeine is used to (slightly and legally) enhance performance.  So I believe it's use has been widespread and no secret. But WADA being WADA are just doing their job at last. Just about every sport is tainted now and the pharmacists will always be one step ahead. 

I ignored the training documents/verbalsuggestions to use this and other substances to enhance performance, just in case you're wondering!

But over there it was felt to be perfectly legal.

Sharapova's mistake was employing people who skimped on their job of reading her long & difficult correspondences e.g from WADA.

Dumb and possibly not even blonde.

Maybe Volkswagen might pick her up.

Apparently she's going to have to return her Australian Open prize money, and Nike have cut her as well.  Apparently all athletes were sent a communicate late last year to advise that the drug was going to be added to the banned list.  Apparently also, the person who received the email didn't bother to read it.  Apparently.   I detest drugs in sport, but I can understand how it can come to that with some athletes.  They are so driven they lose sight of what is normal and real at times, to the point that they actually believe they aren't doing anything wrong.  Ala Lance Armstrong.  What may start out innocently as aiding recovery can quickly turn into a "hey, this helps me win" thing.

I'm sure she could survive without the prize money

Tough titties. If her management or trainer 'forgot' mention it, she's done, and she'll never be trusted again.

Hopefully Kyrios and that other Australian idiot tennis player are found to be drug cheats too. What an embarrassment they are to the game and our country

I hope thay sent her more than an email notifying of the drugs change in status from legal to illegal. Something of this nature needs her signature acknowledging the change (and not bundled with a lot of other mundane changes)

Whats more they should have had a phase in period where people get a warning if it is still in their system during this period prior to the actual ban starting.  I would not be surprised if the communication was of such a low standard that it could be considered a deliberate trap.

This looks more like a gotcha moment to justify the jobs of the drug testers rather than genuine cheating. 

Just figured out where she kept her stash :) 

676E8B64-200B-4802-BBB7-FA9F3D8DC403_zps

Notice how nicely she compliments the shape of that chair?  Great photo.  Maye she'll pop up on one of those Russian Bride websites that I frequent.

I think she needs someone who is independent  to give her a good thorough physical examination to determine if these doping charges are true ..

Happy to take one for the team.........tongue lol

http_o_aolcdn_com_hss_storage_midas_55bc

I didn't think PFA was the place were open objectification of women was acceptable?

If PFA wants this site to be respectable, taken seriously and most of all a place where EVERYONE feels comfortable, then some of the comments above are way out of line.

I didn't think PFA was the place were open objectification of women was acceptable?

If PFA wants this site to be respectable, taken seriously and most of all a place where EVERYONE feels comfortable, then some of the comments above are way out of line.

Agree 100% and not only in this thread. This sort of stuff is creeping into a lot of topics...

• 1 month later...

Agree totally ! 

What does a "Brand Ambassador" actually do?  Ummm, like nothing...  I'm famous at tennis, so Porsche use that to sell cars.  I never thought she was appropriate for the brand. Mark Webber makes total sense.  Someone like Keanu Reeves for example, who actually quietly owns a mid range Carrera would be more appropriate [for me anyway].  

Agree totally ! 

What does a "Brand Ambassador" actually do?  Ummm, like nothing...  I'm famous at tennis, so Porsche use that to sell cars.  I never thought she was appropriate for the brand. Mark Webber makes total sense.  Someone like Keanu Reeves for example, who actually quietly owns a mid range Carrera would be more appropriate [for me anyway].  

No, Porsche use her because she's sexy !! They don't use say Serena Williams for example (and before anyone goes nuts at me, I'm not being racist, just pointing out a fact)

Even in this age of PC madness Porsche still understand that sexy women sell cars.

Keanu Reeves - Hahahahahahahahahaha

Archived