New track for NSW

Robert930

Sounds good and $12M doesn't seem a lot in the scheme of things, particularly if he can attract big events, sponsors etc.

But dont hold your breath.  A new track in VIC has been talked about for years.  Looking forward to Jan '16 opening here......

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/new-motor-park-set-for-cardinia-20130202-2drfe.html

Calder Park has become a neglected shithole.  Sandown's inevitable sale is looming.  Now sounds like Ballarat is the place to be.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4015073/ballarat-motorsport-mecca-touted-to-replace-metro-circuit/

If the Ballarat council and local gubberment are anything like Adelaide, theyll be waiting 20 years!

I was told the mob that built Queensland Raceway wanted to build a huge complex at Mt Compass, an hour south of Adelaide, before they built QR. Pretty sure the dickhead premier that rejected it was the one that lost the F1's here

I think it is a mistake not having a drag strip, but who knows what will happen in the future ?

Wasn't Mark Winterbottom looking "making" another race track between Brissy and Sydney?

12 million is decent bang for buck for a racing circuit. I think TBMP in Adelaide is pushing 50 million!

Heard the same, though that's with onsite 'Mancaves' and possibly other accommodation onsite. Possibly a motel? They'll need it, as there's not much accommodation in Tailem Bend, nor pubs, eateries etc. TB will struggle with a big event weekend there. Murray Bridge will get packed out pretty quickly too. Should buy a rental property there to rent out. The mancaves at the track are a great idea. Basically a self contained garage that you can park your car in. Was also told that a certain number could be for sale or lease

Don't underestimate the environmental, noise and traffic obstacles these proposals have to overcome. 

Also the return on investment is marginal at best and they really need a substantial government grant to get them built.

I suspect they may delete the drag strip for sound emission reasons.

After saying all that, I really hope either the Raymond Terrace or CASAR Park come to fruition as driving to Eastern Creek is a pain for me!

However I'm not sure there are enough paying punters to support two new ones plus the existing.   

Heard the same, though that's with onsite 'Mancaves' and possibly other accommodation onsite. Possibly a motel? They'll need it, as there's not much accommodation in Tailem Bend, nor pubs, eateries etc. TB will struggle with a big event weekend there. Murray Bridge will get packed out pretty quickly too. Should buy a rental property there to rent out. The mancaves at the track are a great idea. Basically a self contained garage that you can park your car in. Was also told that a certain number could be for sale or lease

I believe that is the case with the mancaves. Hate to think what they'd be asking for one. Rental property (with a big shed) is a good idea...

I Have been hearing the talk about this for some time know and really hope they get the go ahead ,,a third circuit would be fantastic and I think SMSP needs some competition as their event entry prices are getting quite step ..............;) Looks like a great circuit and will suit my clubman well 

going to be spoilt for choice

http://www.casarpark.org.au

If this gets off the ground i'll be surprised, although in saying that i hope it does.

Don't underestimate the environmental, noise and traffic obstacles these proposals have to overcome. 

Your right Pete, the fancy pants tree huggers have been trying to shut Barleigh Ranch motorcross track for years and it's been around longer than the tree huggers.

Other than the Farm(Privately Owned) and Armadale - is their anything anyone knows of between Goldcoast and Sydney , thats suitable for any kind of events , gymkhana , track , pan?     Theres a dirt track I believe near Toronto but not much else ..

Oh and a private M/cycle track near Tweed.

Bring on the Tracks I say, the Byron circuit , needs resurfacing ;)

I camt quite work it out why these suckers dont put tehm near industraila parks and or airports .. who would give a shit about the noise then..and there would be bugger all trees left to worry about in the first place, cos the first developer would have resolved that …and basically trees and cars dont mix .

Liking that Casar Park simulation lap. Final corner down main straight into kink reminds me of a larger version of Oran Park. All it takes is some Butterfly activist to poke their heads up and ruin it for everyone though. Fingers crossed. 

Other than the Farm(Privately Owned) and Armadale - is their anything anyone knows of between Goldcoast and Sydney , thats suitable for any kind of events , gymkhana , track , pan?     Theres a dirt track I believe near Toronto but not much else ..

Oh and a private M/cycle track near Tweed.

Bring on the Tracks I say, the Byron circuit , needs resurfacing ;)

I camt quite work it out why these suckers dont put tehm near industraila parks and or airports .. who would give a shit about the noise then..and there would be bugger all trees left to worry about in the first place, cos the first developer would have resolved that …and basically trees and cars dont mix .

The Farm is a great loop but has quite a few trees on it, not a lot of run off and isn't particularly wide- heaps of fun though and always puts a smile on the dial

And doesn't have development approval so if the neighbours get the shits....

Its in essence a "public road" with street signs and speed limits, from what I understand it was approved by council. 

There's a lot of rumours and the like around it, if it wasn't able to go ahead the neighbours would have closed it down, that being said its in a pretty secluded space on a very non-descript road.

Its never used/been used as a "race" track as I understand, certainly not when I've been there - nor out to external parties.

Damn fine driveway, I want one and a man cave 

Im just looking at ASCARI website I think that you call that a temporary development in NSW , I think they described this as horticultural shed , driveway and summer outhouse and and craft studio on the D.A 

https://www.ascari.net

What is it with town planners.. do they not own cars 

• 3 weeks later...

The Farm is a great loop but has quite a few trees on it, not a lot of run off and isn't particularly wide - heaps of fun though and always puts a smile on the dial

Not to mention the 2m high embankments! Great fun but a racetrack it ain't.

I think it is a mistake not having a drag strip

+1

• 2 months later...

Archived