How often do you wash your Porsche?

Airhead

Haven't washed my 996 since getting it a few weeks ago. With my jet black Beemer I would give it a good wash about once a month and do one or two in between touchless washes using a snow foam lance and then a master blaster dryer like in this video: https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/metrovac/master_blaster

plan on doing the same on the 996, although it is grey so don't need to be as worries about swirls

To those of  you who wash your Porsche after a drive - please tell me that you take it for a run around the block to dry it off, and don't put it away wet!

I don't actually. All chamois'd off and straight into the garage. Have an older chamois that I use to wipe inside and under the doors, under the bonnet and boot, inside the petrol cap, etc.

Should I be doing it differently?

I don't actually. All chamois'd off and straight into the garage. Have an older chamois that I use to wipe inside and under the doors, under the bonnet and boot, inside the petrol cap, etc.

Should I be doing it differently?

Depends how particular you are. If you don't want swirls you should probably use microfiber or waffle weave cloths that you wash after every use. 

As as to whether it is ok to put it in the garage after a wash and dry, I don't know. Probably depends on how warm and ventilated it is

To those of  you who wash your Porsche after a drive - please tell me that you take it for a run around the block to dry it off, and don't put it away wet!

What is this "to dry it off' and "put it away" of which you speak? lol!

None of my >30 year old Porsches are the slightest bit rusty because A) they are galvanised B ) they are accident free and C) they are well inspected

I suppose the pristine air has something to do with how stress free car ownership is down here ;) 

What is this "to dry it off' and "put it away" of which you speak? lol!

None of my >30 year old Porsches are the slightest bit rusty because A) they are galvanised B ) they are accident free and C) they are well inspected

I suppose the pristine air has something to do with how stress free car ownership is down here ;) 

Saves having pads stuck to discs if you leave it sitting for any length of time, blows the moisture out of the crevices and suspension parts - assuming you get down and hose in the wheel arches and underneath...

And... around the block for me is about 8km with speeds up to 100km/h...  don't get that on Maatsuyker Is, I suppose, and what about the salt air? B)

Saves having pads stuck to discs if you leave it sitting for any length of time, blows the moisture out of the crevices and suspension parts - assuming you get down and hose in the wheel arches and underneath...

And... around the block for me is about 8km with speeds up to 100km/h...  don't get that on Maatsuyker Is, I suppose, and what about the salt air? B)

None of my cars sit ; never had a pad seizure. No salt air. I don't worry about the wheel arches - they have a protective coating of zinc and underbody sealant, all over high quality steel and alloy. Including suspension...no rust there! At least that's what the last century cars had ;) Now they are built to a price...

Outer surfaces get clay barred twice a year and I use wax every two months on each car. Saves money on fancy pants gym fees!

If you even wash your car at home , be afraid , be very afraid

http://www.thecarwash1.com/handwashing-harmful-cars-finish-university-texas-study/

Wow. I bet that nobody here puts his pride and joy through an automatic, commercial car wash. It's hard to believe that research. Was it paid for by car wash machine manufacturers?

Archived