924 Turbo barn find

Rod C

Took delivery of a 1980 924 turbo rescued from storage in a barn.Non runner at the moment as the key barrel is apart otherwise it scrubed up quite well considering the layers of dust and bird droppings. Five speed manual ,metalic silver paint resprayed to original spec and a fair amount of history for work done on the car.Plan at the moment is to finish the Martini then tackle this.Wasnt in the market for a turbo but his kind of fell in my lap so sold Telstra shares and hopefuly this proves to be a better investment.

Took delivery of a 1980 924 turbo rescued from storage in a barn.Non runner at the moment as the key barrel is apart otherwise it scrubed up quite well considering the layers of dust and bird droppings. Five speed manual ,metalic silver paint resprayed to original spec and a fair amount of history for work done on the car.Plan at the moment is to finish the Martini then tackle this.Wasnt in the market for a turbo but his kind of fell in my lap so sold Telstra shares and hopefuly this proves to be a better investment.

I hope you bought them back in 2012 because damn, under $5 :o

Good luck with the 924. they are such beauties. Hopefully this Sunday i can take mine down from the mezzanine level and get working on it. All of a sudden there's a lot of love for them??

So how did you find it?

One of  my boys spotted a couple of cars in a paddock so left a note to owner wondering what he is doing with his cars. Guy rings me and arrange meeting long story short health is failing and he wants to scale down.

One of  my boys spotted a couple of cars in a paddock so left a note to owner wondering what he is doing with his cars. Guy rings me and arrange meeting long story short health is failing and he wants to scale down.

Just amazing a true barn find... you must be the new aussie pickers

My 924 turbo was just an eBay find

924T and GT are everywhere sat the moment.

I did work experience in year 10 (1986) at Mornington Drafting and one of the owners (Peter McDonald if I remember correctly) had an electric blue 924 Turbo.  It must have been 3 or 4 years old so I assume he bought it new.  I stared at it all day long.  Looked amazing amongst the VH Commodores and XF Falcons.  Didn't get a ride in it - instead I got to go in the other bloke's 253 V8 4 speed HQ that sounded wicked but probably did 20 seconds 0-100.  

Rod, please don't tell me it was off the Princes Hwy on the way towards Lakes Entrance.....I think before Bairnsdale....

Just looked at those photos again......WOW.   Sensational.

Rod, please don't tell me it was off the Princes Hwy on the way towards Lakes Entrance.....I think before Bairnsdale....

Just looked at those photos again......WOW.   Sensational.

No its not Niko but I to have been driving past that car for a few years now . Red in color from memory and business sign on front of property.Maybe one day its turn will come if there is anything left to salvage.

No its not Niko but I to have been driving past that car for a few years now . Red in color from memory and business sign on front of property.Maybe one day its turn will come if there is anything left to salvage.

thanks Rod, there actually used to be two of them on that hill many years back, they ...or only the one  now ( if it's still there )were 924's just left to the weather  from memory,.

I always wanted to go in as we would drive past but never did.   I always wondered if there was any more or anything else hidden in there.

thanks Rod, there actually used to be two of them on that hill many years back, they ...or only the one  now ( if it's still there )were 924's just left to the weather  from memory,.

I always wanted to go in as we would drive past but never did.   I always wondered if there was any more or anything else hidden in there.

Might have to do it on my annual pilgramige to Merimbula as part of  the 40th year celebration of transaxles!

Archived