930 HUNTING

Hi PFA, reaching out for some assistance. Long story short, I'm hunting for a 930...

Have spotted one in Melbourne (I'm in Sydney) that appears to tick most boxes, but I can't get down to look at it for at least two weeks. So, wondering if there is anyone in Melbourne with some 930 knowledge who wouldn't mind sighting it for me? Will compensate you with beer preference of your choice!

Or alternatively could anyone recommend the best Porsche shop (thinking good 930 knowledge) to send it to for a ppi?

PM me for more details, thanks guys, appreciate any assistance.

Ill have a look if you like... PM sent

Thanks James, PM'd

Happy to help if James isn't available although I'd say James would know more than me re:930's. Loui at Motion Automotive would be a good option for a workshop. 

Thanks Hugh, James has kindly offered to help and is close to him, wheels are in motion, a few checks first then we'll see how this one plays out!

better be black

Are there other colours?

Back on topic, it's surprised me the number of 930's kicking around, a lot more to choose from than I originally expected...

I'm sure Tom has a spare one, just wave a bunch of dollar bills under his nose ?

Must admit I was surprised when I did a quick carsales only search just now, a wide selection on the market and very wide range of prices. Some incredibly sad looking mutts though.

Love the blue one Autohaus have at the moment, that would have to be my pick.

Love the blue one Autohaus have at the moment, that would have to be my pick.

Lots to like about that car, but I would need to be convinced by the interior. I think it is also hard to value, because not only is it a UK car, but the engine has been rebuilt upgraded and it seems so has the gearbox, suspension and brakes. In many ways that makes it a very special car with 30% more power, one which could be a lot of fun to own, but what is the right price? 

Stopped in at Black Rock Motors on Bluff add today.  Funny little ex servo cum car yard.  hugh reported recently a silver 996GT2 and mustard long hood on the lot.  Add to that today a black 86 Carrera, white wide body Carrera cab, red 356 cab and out back, navy 964 turbo and red 930 turbo.

weird place, office unattended, workshop guy had no interest in discussing, key "safe" wide open just inside the door.  Could have driven away in a nice silver GT2 to use for spares.....

anyway, there's a red 930 for sale there if that's of interest

oh, phone number is 133 143 but when I called it was disconnected........and no Carsales listings for any of them so I guess all things considered it's a car collection not a car yard...

They were selling off some go fast bits for a 930 on gumtree some months back. Taking a car back to stock. I called at the time and the guy there knew nothing about the stuff except to field calls for the 'boss'.

Never been there. Could be worth popping in for a look.

Stopped in at Black Rock Motors on Bluff add today.  Funny little ex servo cum car yard.  hugh reported recently a silver 996GT2 and mustard long hood on the lot.  Add to that today a black 86 Carrera, white wide body Carrera cab, red 356 cab and out back, navy 964 turbo and red 930 turbo.

weird place, office unattended, workshop guy had no interest in discussing, key "safe" wide open just inside the door.  Could have driven away in a nice silver GT2 to use for spares.....

oh, phone number is 133 143 but when I called it was disconnected........and no Carsales listings for any of them so I guess all things considered it's a car collection not a car yard...

you wouldn't know it from their car yard, but they have sold some seriously desirable cars over the years. if you're on fb take a look at the cars they have advertised over the years. the owner has a serious personal collection of some of the most desirable holdens of the 80's including the actual VK and XU1 raced by peter brock. 

133-143 is the street number ... Not he phone numner

• 3 weeks later...

The hunt is over. Deposit down, pending ppi. But it's not a 930 that will occupy the vacant space in the garage. Like many expeditions, what you search for is not always what you find. Just like yesterday when I went to the fridge for a beer, and grabbed some cheese instead. But I digress.

Stay tuned...

Archived