My 1978 Porsche 924 - EOI

edgy

It's with some reluctance that I post this, but I feel compelled to offer it to the PFA community first before anyone else. 

I am looking to move my 1978 Porsche 924, it is a Mars Red first series coupe with the 4 speed transmission and NO sunroof. 

I've put a lot of love, time and cash into getting back in working order after sitting in a shed for 15 + years, I recently entered this car in the Porsche Club NSW Concours (wash + polish mod class) and it took out 3rd place in that class, so I think that should give you some idea of how it presents, although its not 100% perfect, it has some patina for its nearly 40 ears of age and the car has a history of been modified and raced in the 80's & 90's. It has looked this way for a long time, so I'm therefore dedicated to preserving its appearance. This car was owned by PFA member Airhead in the early 1990's and between him and I, we have put the cars history together from day dot. 

This car drives tight, like its on rails and has good pep to the little 2L motor which has been rebuilt with oversize pistons, head work performed, 11:1 comp and still retains its aftermarket Holley throttle body. It rides on Simmons V4 mesh wheels and Koni suspension. its an absolute joy to drive. 

The interior is basically stock, its black with the herringbone fabric inserts on the seats, a very retro combo. 

There isn't many IF any first series 924's out there with this history and condition, please send me a PM if you're interested, but please be reasonable, I am not giving it away. 

Located Sydney NSW. 

IMG_2249_zps67w0pysp.jpg

IMG_2252_zpsidbgtcla.jpg

IMG_2260_zps0kjwbcqr.jpg

IMG_2272_zpsqfcoklux.jpg

IMG_2301_zps93q8bild.jpg

IMG_0986_zpswpl0kywy.jpg

IMG_0988_zps6gu1qptf.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful. GLWS

I do have a question though. How does she run with the 11:1 CR? on 98? or e85?

I run it in 98 and it's got quite a bit of timing dialled out of it, Airhead advised me the old owner advocated running it on avgas, but I guess that was more easily done in the 80's ? 

E85 would be good if there was a simple way to increase the delivery volume, but I just think it would be way too hard on an old K-jetronic system. 

I I just got back from Bunnings with it, it's such a great classic car... Not sure selling it is a good idea! 

I run it in 98 and it's got quite a bit of timing dialled out of it, Airhead advised me the old owner advocated running it on avgas, but I guess that was more easily done in the 80's ? 

E85 would be good if there was a simple way to increase the delivery volume, but I just think it would be way too hard on an old K-jetronic system. 

I I just got back from Bunnings with it, it's such a great classic car... Not sure selling it is a good idea! 

Far either then than now. 9.3:1 to 11:1 is a huge jump! 

I've got 2 924's sitting at my shop. One is dads that's just currently getting a resto. (he's owned it since the 80's) Removing the K-jet and putting in dellortos. I have contemplated in increasing the CR,  but did think it would require a proper electronic ignition setup. Don't want to go over the top for just street driving. 

The other 924. I'll need to put a thread on it. That's a story in itself.  

Congrats

Prediction - move over air-cooled cars, 924 bubble on the way :D

Well that was................quick!

Yes, good examples won't sit around folks... Plenty of Junkers out there! 

Pleased to report its going to a good friend and PFA member. ☺️ 

Someone is excited. :ph34r:

they are? ?

I'm diggin the 924 love of late.

I think Magnus has a vid out soon on his too, that will stir some interest.

They are that cool right now next thing turboT will be getting one!

Tom will tell you he already has 2 Audis ?

Archived