Aussie 964 C4 Manual.

Well, I came very, very close to letting her go, however Ms 964 is now off the market.

Thanks to those who responded. Even though I had interest, when the time came to showing the car, I just couldn't do it.  

My problem is ,every time I drive it, I just love the bloody thing. "Curse you 964 goodness"

Plan now is a Duck tail and maybe flat green stripes (stealing your idea @hugh), nice suspension.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful car Fraz. If it was me wanting to buy I would have jumped on it within 24 hours before you changed your mind haha.

That would have been the time to get me in a weak moment, sellers remorse would be kicking in right about now. 

Don't hold back brother, look forward to seeing it 'reborn'! :)

I'm going to steal the stripe idea too...

Fraz that is a magnificent colour combo and a lovely car. Good decision to keep it. Now I don't have to spew that I can't buy it as there is a 964 sized hole in my collection.

Change of heart Fraz? She's on carsales I see.

Nothing like procrastination and temptation to get your eye wandering mate. 

Made the mistake of driving a Cayman S, that's a whole other level of drivers car goodness over the humble 964. 

Then my mad mate (Jonny the boy) tempts me with this. 

Love him like a brother but hate him at the same time, wish I could have them all.

IMG_5981_zpsn1sstvy1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Made the mistake of driving a Cayman S, that's a whole other level of drivers car goodness 

Know that feeling well after recently driving one with PDK

After driving the SC with a dicky knee, heavy clutch and race seats on a 35 degree day, I longed for some comfort and air conditioning. One day it'll happen

Ok lads, it's been on the market for a while now. Only enquires I have had are dealers and time wasters/dreamers. Just staggers me how someone can go and look at a car, then say "I have to see how much money I can borrow on a 26 year old car".

In the real world of getting the cold hard cash in your hand. Where should the car be priced. 

$105K ? 

Ok lads, it's been on the market for a while now. Only enquires I have had are dealers and time wasters/dreamers. Just staggers me how someone can go and look at a car, then say "I have to see how much money I can borrow on a 26 year old car".

In the real world of getting the cold hard cash in your hand. Where should the car be priced. 

$105K ? 

it's tough out there mate. If anything prices across the board have gone sideways not risen in the last 4-5 months. In the case of 993tt's I think plumet would be fair today which is probably why Symsey is especially painful right now ;) . All I have to tell you is I sold an Aussi C4 8 months ago for $93k and I don't recon prices have gone anywhere since then. I did have common red of course...

$105K ? 

Dare I say the colour combo might not be to everyone's tastes?  Don't get me wrong it's RIGHT up my alley but how many times do you hear that, possibly the most boring combination ever, black on black is what people want.  If I was in the market for your type of car I wouldn't be able to believe my luck in getting that combo, but perhaps I'm in the minority.  So for the right person your car is rare and desirable, but maybe the market for it is smaller, so you may have to be patient to find the right buyer.  Or reduce price until its appeal is broader.  Just an idea.  Could be the market is at the $100k mark too.  Dunno really.

I would say price is your issue, every thing else is good.

You would not believe how few punters came and enquired on the 3.0. Tossers mostly. All the big $ cars are not selling. If you need to let go put a keen price on.

Ok, price change it is.

$108K changed on car sales too. 

On a side note, if you have already looked or enquired about the car, don't bother contacting me again. 

That bridge is well and truly burnt. :ph34r:

When my car was at $250k I got several text offers at $180 - 190k.  Rather than respond by text or ignore, I called these knobs but not one would take or return a call.  And subsequent text responses were met with "oh, I'm busy, I'll call you tomorrow".  Never got a call.  I just don't get it.  Are there people out there that just enjoy making stupid offers and never engage or buy anything?  If so, they should all go find a different hobby....

Your genuine buyer is out there, I hope for your sanity he pops up soon.  

This bullshit puts me off having another decent weekend car because I dread having to sell when that day comes.  Porsche seems to be a magnet for dickheads and dreamers.

@Fraz someone like Rob Raymer of RSR might be worth a call.  He needs to make margin, and accepting that, he is straight to the point on values and might be the solution you're seeking.

You think you've got it bad, try selling Nissan skylines. I'm not joking I actually say in the ad that bogan time wasters will be ignored and are invited not to enquire, but that genuine enquiries will be given my fullest cooperation. It's good to set expectations from the beginning...

@Fraz someone like Rob Raymer of RSR might be worth a call.  He needs to make margin, and accepting that, he is straight to the point on values and might be the solution you're seeking.

Thanks @KGB. I hear good things about RSR, when I get sick of these tossers, Rob is the only dealer I would call if I was to go down that road.

Or just totally give up, keep it and go back to my procrastinating about Hot Rodding. :rolleyes:

Thanks @KGB. I hear good things about RSR, when I get sick of these tossers, Rob is the only dealer I would call if I was to go down that road.

Or just totally give up, keep it and go back to my procrastinating about Hot Rodding. :rolleyes:

rob is good to deal with.  I had my car with him for a short time - he handed it back when the market became flooded with GT2s.  You set your price and if he agrees to take it on, he keeps any upside that he achieves and he's open about where he would list it.  Win win.  Certainly knows the market well and many of the regular players 

Your car is beautiful, and from what I've seen worth $100k.... This time of year the serious buyers hibernate and the lowballers try and get bites. I sell things online and December/January is my least favourite time to sell things.

I'm trying to sell a manual Audi S3 and have only had lowball offers (lower than trade in price!)

Archived