Aussie 964 C4 Manual.

When my car was at $250k I got several text offers at $180 - 190k.  Rather than respond by text or ignore, I called these knobs but not one would take or return a call.  And subsequent text responses were met with "oh, I'm busy, I'll call you tomorrow".  Never got a call.  I just don't get it.  Are there people out there that just enjoy making stupid offers and never engage or buy anything?  If so, they should all go find a different hobby....

Your genuine buyer is out there, I hope for your sanity he pops up soon.  

This bullshit puts me off having another decent weekend car because I dread having to sell when that day comes.  Porsche seems to be a magnet for dickheads and dreamers.

Looks like the same type of keyboard dicks and opportunists apply even if you're selling in the next few price brackets up from the $60 to $120 AC market . saw old mate last night who's selling the black $250000 996 Turbo S . Made me laugh with the offers and text warriors annoying him.

I'll probably forget a couple but - Swap commercial land, swap Aston Rapide, $150k offer plus abuse, $180k offer pay in 6 months, tyre kickers inspections and drives and "just have to sell cars first", swap hire costume business, swap 4 old cars good n bad worth $250k, swap aeroplane, gumtree offer $230k and when accepted dh says he thought 250000 was a typo and it was 25000 - but he still offered $230k??. I know i've forgotten a few bourbon does that;) ...that's all the shit but there was only one genuine face to face offer of 200k which he knocked back. 

Last car I sold was an '08 Chrysler few years back, was realistic vs condition overall and asked 19k sold it 18k in 3 days so I've never been subjected to the shite for years, car I sold before that text hadn't even been invented! I expect it all gets a bit too much when you sell a car every year or two and it's on the market for a while....imagine the crap used car dealers hear, especially classic/exotic car guys, seems it attracts a wide range of pretenders and cockheads sitting behind the email and text ... and the Symseys of the world:D Hold in there Fraz, I reckon at $108k and take $100 you'll be right, just need the one who likes green n tan, he'll be out there watching, waiting to pounce:ph34r:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I say the colour combo might not be to everyone's tastes?  Don't get me wrong it's RIGHT up my alley but how many times do you hear that, possibly the most boring combination ever, black on black is what people want.

Wash your mouth out!

Thanks @KGB. I hear good things about RSR, when I get sick of these tossers, Rob is the only dealer I would call if I was to go down that road.

Or just totally give up, keep it and go back to my procrastinating about Hot Rodding. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't delay the chat with Rob since you've set a high watermark with your pricing and if you continue to lower it you'll likely hurt perceptions of it's value. ;)

Happens at all price ranges, I have a mate's Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16 for sale on my gumtree account at the moment, not much cash required to buy a pocket rocket. Despite the advert having Rich's number in it, I've had 7 people contact me via email asking daft questions, all of them get the same pleasant repsonse asking them to call Rich for all the details. Not one of them has called him, all of them have replied back to me with a further bunch of questions. The response to that is just the phone number. He called into a Peugeot parts place last weekend for a new fuel filter for it, the owner asked if he was selling it because he'd had at least a dozen people ring him asking if he knew the car. Only 1 of them has called, yet they're prepared to ring someone who doesn't even know the car...

Wash your mouth out!

I wouldn't delay the chat with Rob since you've set a high watermark with your pricing and if you continue to lower it you'll likely hurt perceptions of it's value. ;)

All valid points, thanks for the feedback lads. @itsujack you crack me up man ?.

At the risk of looking like a complete car selling procrastinating psycho I may as well keep it.

Seriously not worth the time and effort given the barrage of messages wanting to swap some POS I had today. Everyone wants a 911/964 without paying cash for it.

Happens at all price ranges, I have a mate's Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16 for sale on my gumtree account at the moment, not much cash required to buy a pocket rocket. Despite the advert having Rich's number in it, I've had 7 people contact me via email asking daft questions, all of them get the same pleasant repsonse asking them to call Rich for all the details. Not one of them has called him, all of them have replied back to me with a further bunch of questions. The response to that is just the phone number. He called into a Peugeot parts place last weekend for a new fuel filter for it, the owner asked if he was selling it because he'd had at least a dozen people ring him asking if he knew the car. Only 1 of them has called, yet they're prepared to ring someone who doesn't even know the car...

Geez you'd reckon they'd just pick up the phone for 5 minutes and ask the main 5 questions then they would 90% know if they want it or not. Bizarre they ring the Peugeot place first.

All valid points, thanks for the feedback lads. @itsujack you crack me up man ?.

I have come to the realisation I am not into the 64 for all that much given what made on my dirty old Holden Monaro sale. At the risk of looking like a complete car selling procrastinating psycho I may as well keep it.

Seriously not worth the time and effort given the barrage of messages wanting to swap some POS I had today. Everyone wants a 911/964 without paying cash for it.

good call mate - hang onto it - Great car / combination 

Geez you'd reckon they'd just pick up the phone for 5 minutes and ask the main 5 questions then they would 90% know if they want it or not. Bizarre they ring the Peugeot place first.

Yep, but there's nowt so queer as folk it would seem, seems like calling the owner is a problem. More annoying was the bloke who came round, Symsied the tyres, went for a drive, then announced he'd talk to his mate to see if he would go halves with him. You'd think you'd do that beforehand FFS. Time wasters ???

Yep, but there's nowt so queer as folk it would seem, seems like calling the owner is a problem. More annoying was the bloke who came round, Symsied the tyres, went for a drive, then announced he'd talk to his mate to see if he would go halves with him. You'd think you'd do that beforehand FFS. Time wasters ???

That guy was clearly just wanting to drive a Porsche. He won't be calling you back ever, in fact the only time any Porsche owner will hear from him is when he feels like another free drive of a Porsche

Is the Range Rover for sale?

Is the Range Rover for sale?

You're the 9th person to ask if it's for sale, which means you're 9th in line behind me :P

I have first dibs on the Ranga if Rich ever decides to sell it here in Oz. 

people really are suckers for punishment

Well it's official the carsales ad has been removed and she is off the market (again). :blink:

As @turboT was kind enough to share his sale price, I thought it was appropriate to give other 964 C4 owners/sellers some feedback.

Over the last 24hrs I had six inquiry's at $108K so I think that's where 964 C4 manual market is. These inquires appeared more genuine than others at a higher price, I was also surprised how powerful and wide reaching PFA is, most had seen it here first and knew of me and the car prior.

Well it's official the carsales ad has been removed and she is off the market (again). :blink:

Let the outlawing begin.

As @turboT was kind enough to share his sale price, I thought it was appropriate to give other 964 C4 owners/sellers some feedback.

Over the last 24hrs I had six inquiry's at $108K so I think that's where 964 C4 manual market is. These inquires appeared more genuine than others at a higher price, I was also surprised how powerful and wide reaching PFA is, most had seen it here first and knew of me and the car prior.

All the scalpers and flippers know about this site mate…

how much was the pug selling for?  I have a friend who has one of them and was thinking about selling but had no clue what the price would be.  He got the car as payment in lieu of cash for some work in the first place I think.

Surprised you have not moved on & followed what you want to do. The market is what it is, & that's the same up or down the price point. Me, I would have traded & moved on to the next thing.

For me, better the devil you know. 

how much was the pug selling for?  I have a friend who has one of them and was thinking about selling but had no clue what the price would be.  He got the car as payment in lieu of cash for some work in the first place I think.

$7.5k. It's quite modified from standard, for some reason the Oz spec 1.9 GTi's were only 105bhp rather than the 130bhp we got in the UK, so this one's had the 160bhp 16v 1.9 from a 405 put in. Goes like the proverbial stabbed rat ?

Archived