993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

Cos I have one , I dont look so much , but  I back em as a great car ,  I wonder has anyone been watching 993 prices , especially the ones with extra large backsides.

Whats your view or tracking of values folks ??  On these example

1997 AUS 993S TIP - MInt - Condition Silver , Blk Leather  100,000 KMS -   Very very fastidious owner, full history

UK C4S Manual - Dark colour Blue or Black . Blk laether manual , 220,000KMS , No rust , car been here for a while , full history , no oil leaks etc.

Neither cars have mods 

Im interested as from my persepctive 993s have been somewhat stable after the rise in the AC bubble but SC's , 3.2s and 964's ahve seemed to surge a little more ?

(talking coupes here)   Four years ago they bottomed at around $50,000 for a good tip, with a manual being $20,000 extra.   I know of a mint S which was bought for around $90k at that time.

Since then, prices have increased but not to the same extent as other models.  Seems people either love the look, or think they look like they fell out of a jelly mould, with their droopy front.

A good 993 c2 tip now is around $100,000 - still cheaper than some of the SCs I have seen advertised.   I know of two c2 tips which were advertised for $125k and $138k which were marked as "Sold"............but they didn't.    However, I do know of one which sold late last year (c2 tip) for $96,000 and it needed aircon fixed.

Am I rambling ?

Carsales shows C2 tip being listed from the mid $90k up to silly numbers.

C2S are advertised at $180k+...up to Turbo money.

Again, I know of a buyer who paid $189,000 for a C2S in April 2016.

Of course, I am in the market at the moment.   Here is my (now)mint 993 tip.  Believed to be the first 993 registered in Australia.  Certainly has a very early build sheet dated Nov 1993.  Rego is Feb 1994.  Ad price is $110,000 for Carsales punters, but PFA can have it for $99,993 (see, the buyer has already knocked off a good percentage)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672

Edited by Cars And Coffee Byron Bay
Forgot the damn URL

Symsy,

Can't comment on the Oprah arsed cars specifically but I think the narrow bodied 993, 964 and the 3.2 prices have all converged somewhat as the 3.2 prices have powered modestly on while the later cars have soften.  There is still the 3.2 - 964/993 pecking order but its not as pronounced as it once was, even 18 months ago. 

Disclaimer:  Talking about the majority of good condition cars not the 5% minority where there doesn't seem to be rhyme nor reason to sale prices.

Oh, and I think the 993 market is still really km sensitive when compared to the 964 and 3.2 market.

I don't think we're helping much largely because there doesn't seem to have been much turnover in the 993 market for a long time as too many dreamy advertisers...well, can't call them sellers!

Edited by Peter M

Of course, I am in the market at the moment.   Here is my (now)mint 993 tip.  Believed to be the first 993 registered in Australia.  Certainly has a very early build sheet dated Nov 1993.  Rego is Feb 1994.  Ad price is $110,000 for Carsales punters, but PFA can have it for $99,993 (see, the buyer has already knocked off a good percentage)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672

Gorgeous car, but don't think I could bring myself to own a tip (or a PDK) Porsche ever. Maybe I need to test drive a tip before I make that call.

Gorgeous car, but don't think I could bring myself to own a tip (or a PDK) Porsche ever. Maybe I need to test drive a tip before I make that call.

Don't throw them away till you try them.    I thought I would only buy a manual, however for city driving - lots of stop start - the tip is great.  Sure, it's a few tenths of a second slower to 100kph, but in reality it never is an issue.  Drive the tip in one gear lower than D, and it starts in first gear.  It also is quite clever in adapting to the driving style.  Give it a quick kick in the gas pedal and it will kick down AND STAY DOWN through the twisty bits.

I've driven a manual and tip 911 through cities.......a manual gets very boring when it's busy.

Still waiting for that lotto win..... :D

In the 4 years CCBB talks about I have seen the C4S make the highest climbs. We're around $100k then, now $220-250. They do seem to stick around though at these prices.

We are talking non turbo cars here right?

Edited by Arnage

Yup not TT , I love mine but theres something about the smooth line of the non spoilered cars

So whats you stab at value son the cars I mentioned folks, assume they are top 5%..  I havent watched the market having not been in it , I was pre bubble but not of late.

Cos I have one , I dont look so much , but  I back em as a great car ,  I wonder has anyone been watching 993 prices , especially the ones with extra large backsides.

Whats your view or tracking of values folks ??  On these example

1997 AUS 993S TIP - MInt - Condition Silver , Blk Leather  100,000 KMS -   Very very fastidious owner, full history

UK C4S Manual - Dark colour Blue or Black . Blk laether manual , 220,000KMS , No rust , car been here for a while , full history , no oil leaks etc.

Neither cars have mods 

Im interested as from my persepctive 993s have been somewhat stable after the rise in the AC bubble but SC's , 3.2s and 964's ahve seemed to surge a little more ?

Sale price - the 97 $170

the c4s $160

What do you guys think about the black 1996 C2 manual at Weltmeister for $152k?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-13975279/?Cr=4

I think its high

The other thing i will share and that is from personal recent experience, that is possibly a newish consideration for these cars.  I just sent mine in for its 20 yr birthday pressie and changed cam cover gaskets, most hoses an a/c evaporator , heater hoses, brittle oil filler hoses and some trim gaskets .  My car has never been outside and also is low KMS but needed a lot of these little things , or would have near term , as I started to go through the car.

So maybe now these cars are hitting their  20's , like so many 964's owners have had done, we should be considering the freshen up costs and reseal jobs that will be likely in the pricing. Many of the 964's being sold have had the appropriate money spent and some have not , 10k gets gobbled up very quickly and I would be putting this as a buying contingency in my negotiations.

Edited by symsy

What do you guys think about the black 1996 C2 manual at Weltmeister for $152k?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-13975279/?Cr=4

Nick,

It's been for sale for a long time.  Still find it weird how cars with such modest km have had a full engine rebuild.  Surely just a reseal that got carried away?  Anxious owners with to much money and workshops selling boots and braces solutions?

I think being black and probably $20k to much scares people off.  If it was lapis blue and a bit cheaper, it would have sold several times over by now.

Sale price - the 97 $170  $145k

the c4s $160 - $115k

Fixed it for you Sandy assuming they want to sell it within 3 months.

I'd also recommend the '97 owner consign it through one of the well known dealers although I think he may have missed that opportunity by putting it on Carsales yesterday?

Where do you see  a 993 C4S manual with 19k on the clock sitting price wise.

Local , 200 if priced sharp, but that said , some if some of  the big names in town are moving TTs above 300 .. more .

I think Street price all day everyday on a TT is 250 .. people dont think twice at that price point and of course there are some cars that really are mega gems. I thought mine was clean and someone sentme a picture of his car..museum quality. Like the day it came of the factory floor  and if you want one of those you pay

So the C4S at 175 would walk out the door quick probably

I'd also recommend the '97 owner consign it through one of the well known dealers although I think he may have missed that opportunity by putting it on Carsales yesterday?

I didnt see a car come on I will look , not sure is the same car..

At 115 on the UK I would buy it in a heartbeat and work it as my hotrod .. great bit of kit , rip of that injection , 3.8 or 4.0 l it , cams and a tune, exhaust.. weapon 

Sale price - the 97 $170

the c4s $160

Peter, your thoughts were $145 for the 97 and $115 for the c4s. Interested to know what formula you use to arrive at those figures, compared to how I arrive at my figures...

Where do you see  a 993 C4S manual with 19k on the clock sitting price wise.

With those ks and the corresponding condition, assuming aust and books $220 sale

Peter, your thoughts were $145 for the 97 and $115 for the c4s. Interested to know what formula you use to arrive at those figures, compared to how I arrive at my figures...

With those ks and the corresponding condition, assuming aust and books $220 sale

this is a mates car and he's strategising his way to a 964 3.6 Turbo, so the value of his is comes up in discussion.

220k is what he's been offered for it already so well played on your number

95 993 here with 100k on the clock, Aus delivered, currently at $50k with 2 days to go. Might be worth a queenslander going for a look

http://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=5488&lid=959207&pgn=1&pgs=100&gv=True

Was asking $130k, then $119k when it came off carsales.   Seemed pretty straight when I dealt with the owner.

this is a mates car and he's strategising his way to a 964 3.6 Turbo, so the value of his is comes up in discussion.

220k is what he's been offered for it already so well played on your number

He missed a pisser of a 3.6 964TT on Ebay a few weeks back, priceless museum piece unicorn! He could've used his c4s as a deposit to the seller just to be able to ask a question or bid!! .....strange we haven't sen that TT pop up again hmmmmm

Sorry mate you've got no idea what I'm talking about being new (welcome bud) you'll have to dig back a dozen pages.....

964 - Half a million dollar man dissapeared, I sense a bit of that will happen when the interest rates start to climb.

Shit I also have no idea why anyone would want to go backward to a 964 turbo from a 993 widebody. Especially when a 993 turbo kills a 964 in all departments, you would put your money tere and have change over a 964 turbo would you not.  Holy war invitation this is not !