993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

11 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

that is a high price for a 4s auto!

Its true, to a collector of cars that uses it daily atm - his words "I can't believe how nice these cars are to drive such a good experience"

On 24/05/2021 at 20:46, Thommo66 said:

Anyone on this forum with a '96 or '97 S4 manual ?

Yes, I have a 1997 C4S Manual,107K's,Ocean Blue Metallic with dark grey leather. I heard all the talk at PCV meetings about 993 S types and started to look late 2013. I saw a Black C2S Tip with late 70's K's for $85K at Lane's? in Richmond, but wanted a manual. There were none about, so I put an ad on the Club Marketplace site in WA, Q'land, NSW and Vic and bugger me about two weeks later I got a call from a guy in Kew.(Vic) and that was in 2014,before they went nuts pricewise. 

I put new Bilsteins on it, a few little dings fixed, aircon fixed and drivers electric seat cable replaced. It's a beautiful car and I like it as much today as the day I drove it home. I've done two return trips to Sydney in it and it's a bloody dream to drive on cruise at 125kph. 

2 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Your right its an S

3482DDC0-4413-4853-A037-76A413100EC1.jpeg

7F446D42-D26B-4848-9BB2-27DE9F53156A.jpeg

Gorgeous Car, Love a 993 Widebody. Pictured downstairs at Duttons

Just a curious observation... the Badging looks a little odd.  A 993 Carrera S normally has the 'S" closely following the Carrera. This looks more like the spacing for the 4S, just missing the '4'...

9 hours ago, luzzo said:

Gorgeous Car, Love a 993 Widebody. Pictured downstairs at Duttons

Just a curious observation... the Badging looks a little odd.  A 993 Carrera S normally has the 'S" closely following the Carrera. This looks more like the spacing for the 4S, just missing the '4'...

youre right, about the Carrera S badging

when is that photo from?

On 03/06/2021 at 12:18, Tips said:

yep, sellers market. Mate told me Sunday he was thinking of selling his low Km turbo off market due to an incoming car purchase, I offered it to a couple of people, then he tells me the next day it was sold to another friend. It was a superb example and went in the mid to high 3's.

Thanks for the intel

On 03/06/2021 at 14:02, KERMIT said:

Yes, I have a 1997 C4S Manual,107K's,Ocean Blue Metallic with dark grey leather. I heard all the talk at PCV meetings about 993 S types and started to look late 2013. I saw a Black C2S Tip with late 70's K's for $85K at Lane's? in Richmond, but wanted a manual. There were none about, so I put an ad on the Club Marketplace site in WA, Q'land, NSW and Vic and bugger me about two weeks later I got a call from a guy in Kew.(Vic) and that was in 2014,before they went nuts pricewise. 

I put new Bilsteins on it, a few little dings fixed, aircon fixed and drivers electric seat cable replaced. It's a beautiful car and I like it as much today as the day I drove it home. I've done two return trips to Sydney in it and it's a bloody dream to drive on cruise at 125kph. 

@KERMIT nice story.  Would be great to see it one day if you’re up for a coffee n cars catchup when we get out of lockdown 4.0 !   I passed on a very nice Aust delivered ‘96 black on black 4S for 165k with less than 100k on the clock in 2018 which I should have bought.  Been toying with older models like a ‘88 3.2 Carerra but I keep coming back to the 993.  I’ve driven a number of 993’s now so I know what I want.  

4 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

Turbo money 

I saw a pristine example almost exactly the same as this one; 96, S4, same colour,manual at PCM in 2019 where they had bought it, spruced it up to as good as it gets and put a sticker of $196k on it.  The asking $$ for this 993 is off the charts bizarre !

1 hour ago, 911virgin said:

interesting to see if it sells for that price.........would be an Oz record price?

Gotta be for a 4S.

If it was a 2S I think the seller might have half a chance at that ask. 

Never know. Crazy times 

59 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

interesting to see if it sells for that price.........would be an Oz record price?

World record !!   ... it should start with a 2 not a 3.  It’s a fishing line to see if there’s anyone with more money than sense who will bite around such a high anchor point.   I’m all for us P owners making a healthy profit or return on our investment if or when we can get it but this just takes it to another whole level of gaming the market.  Let’s see - will be very interesting to see what it sells for and when. 

Huge asking prices and you would think that they won’t be achieved, but who knows.
Its funny I did notice around 9 months ago that the 993 was starting to receive a lot more interest in the US and UK; via YouTube forums and press articles which then was being reflected in rising prices. As always it took awhile to filter through to us in Aus.