993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

16 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

993 market is buoyant i had a few people wanting mine hours after it going on sale last Saturday; the interest was such that it was making me feel i was under selling it. Anyway a successful PPI was completed today and the car is off to Sydney next week Happy buyer and seller. 

congrats!

what did you sell and for what price scott?

16 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

993 market is buoyant i had a few people wanting mine hours after it going on sale last Saturday; the interest was such that it was making me feel i was under selling it. Anyway a successful PPI was completed today and the car is off to Sydney next week Happy buyer and seller. 

Long time love affair you had with that car 

1 hour ago, 911virgin said:

congrats!

what did you sell and for what price scott?

The add went live last Saturday; I had 3 very interested parties 2 wanting to place deposits subject to a PPI I took a deposit from the person that offered it 1st on Saturday afternoon at full asking  price. The PPI was carried out yesterday and the sale was then finalised later that day

51 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Long time love affair you had with that car 

Yep the 993 was a fantastic experience and I loved every minute of ownership.

IMG_3357.jpeg

I’ll probably let my 993tt go later this year. Silver, <60k, new suspension, perfect history, etc. Awesome example. Guess will go for 400k when I move it on later this year. Have been waiting til Oct, when it reaches the age for Vic club permit (no stamp duty). Everyone says to keep it, prices going up etc etc , but I’m old.

On 04/07/2021 at 15:52, njb said:

I’ll probably let my 993tt go later this year. Silver, <60k, new suspension, perfect history, etc. Awesome example. Guess will go for 400k when I move it on later this year. Have been waiting til Oct, when it reaches the age for Vic club permit (no stamp duty). Everyone says to keep it, prices going up etc etc , but I’m old.

I thought they were gonna push club plates out to 30 years , keep it your not too old to drive a 993 and they have enough creature comforts , you can beef up the power steering if thats too tough, not so many very reliable classic cars in the 4-5sec 0-110kmh arena

On 05/07/2021 at 11:25, 911virgin said:

says no longer available!  sold?

The upgrade .. is a fine thing , I have one in my own car .. it really does add a little zippy edge ..  I actually havent seen another around , im not sure they called it X50 as such.. and I think there are a few variations with an additional oil cooler  ...  was its an S.A  car , I know Chateau Moteur potentially did two with that build?  Thats big Bickies ..

15 hours ago, symsy said:

The upgrade .. is a fine thing , I have one in my own car .. it really does add a little zippy edge ..  I actually havent seen another around , im not sure they called it X50 as such.. and I think there are a few variations with an additional oil cooler  ...  was its an S.A  car , I know Chateau Moteur potentially did two with that build?  Thats big Bickies ..

According to the interweb the X50 pack included the engine management system, oil cooler and dual exhausts from the Turbo S, thus matching that car’s output of 430 horsepower (331 kilowatts)

3 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

According to the interweb the X50 pack included the engine management system, oil cooler and dual exhausts from the Turbo S, thus matching that car’s output of 430 horsepower (331 kilowatts)

Hmm I will see if I got the part nos ,  455bhp on a dyno I believe, I will have to dig my docos out, you are correct with the bolts on bits , slightly larger oil lines too ... how much do I get for a sunroof delete ...is that extra on the price ? :) 

40 minutes ago, symsy said:

Hmm I will see if I got the part nos ,  455bhp on a dyno I believe, I will have to dig my docos out, you are correct with the bolts on bits , slightly larger oil lines too ... how much do I get for a sunroof delete ...is that extra on the price ? :) 

Don't forget the premium paint colour ;) 

23 minutes ago, JLD said:

Don't forget the premium paint colour ;) 

Yes RARE White ..I can even chuck in a spare set of wheel , with offers with 5s in front of them , at that bench mark.. who ever thought cars would be bringing in $1000 per BHP

I gotta go find me a old Merc or Bentley if the BHP rate is gonna go that way 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if 10-15 years ago a bunch of blokes all sat around their keyboards ruminating as to whether the maximum price a 993TT would change hands for would/should/could be $150K, $200K, or something else!!?  

We’re all a bunch of armchair experts, and we do it for every variant, every model, but hey, it makes for great conversation, right?  

I suspect in time, we’ll all be wrong with our price predictions.  

Rightly or wrongly, I can’t help but maintain that if Falcons, Toranas & Chargers can go for these crazy-high prices, P cars, being world cars, really have plenty of up-side.

Of course, it’s only money, so in the meantime, drive them, get them dirty,  clean them, mod them, admire them, enjoy them.

PS…. 993TT……$500K max, surely?, right?,……….anyone??

37 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Prices have no correlation to any other market and make no sense.  Particularly with them approaching / over 25 years.  

Bonham's just sold an artic silver 993TT at the Goodwood auction for 85,000 pounds ($159k AUD).  

That is a significant disconnect thats for sure.

I have always used the rough rule of thumb that if you double the UK price you are in the price range for an Australia car. This has largely been very accurate up until 3-4 years ago whereby this formula has been changing seeing the Australia prices being 3+ times that of their UK equivalent.