993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

3 hours ago, 911virgin said:

15/3/2022 @ Dutton- there was a 1997 Carrera S listed- i think it was a Vesuvio edition

202000 kms

grey interior- leather seats very worn

POA

16/3/2022- no longer on their site

Thats a shit load of KMS .. even for a 993..  

1 minute ago, tomo said:

Nah, Just run in ;)

How do we think 993 motors  compared to say 911 3.2 G series , I had a 84 and did 284k miles in it no rebuild and it didnt leak 

i had a 3.0 sc that needed major top end and hard;y had a dry day 

I had a 40,000 km 964 and it weeped 

I have at 80,000 km 993 and its dry as a bone , apart from cam covers that were changed

2 hours ago, symsy said:

How do we think 993 motors  compared to say 911 3.2 G series , I had a 84 and did 284k miles in it no rebuild and it didnt leak 

i had a 3.0 sc that needed major top end and hard;y had a dry day 

I had a 40,000 km 964 and it weeped 

I have at 80,000 km 993 and its dry as a bone , apart from cam covers that were changed

I hear you,  My 964 was a weeper but what a pealer of a motor, proper maintinence would keep her dry though, It's hard to say if it is the luck of the draw, Or the Spanner men on the the day of assembly that is responsible for their longevity, But if you get agoodin life is dream as they say, But on that note if you get a crook joby Geesuss what a PITA .

11 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Apologies if this one has been discussed before, anyone know the history?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/OAG-AD-20537480/?Cr=5

Seems a big ask for a (half a) hot rod....?

Wrong sill covers for a 94, S was 96-97 years, But I like it, Lot of dough all the same ;)

6 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

The Vesuvio edition has just popped up on the Dutton site

I saw it there a couple of weeks ago, the colour is gorgeous. I only had a quick peek through the window but the interior leather looked tidy.

The price seems kinda outrageously high for a Tip? Is a Vesuvio Edition a particularly desirable collectible?

2 hours ago, 911virgin said:

18/3/21 The Vesuvio edition has just popped up on the Dutton site

This ad now states 114000 KMs and the worn leather seats look like they have been refurbished.

Perhaps the previous ad with 202000 KMs was a typo?

Asking $290k!

That's a pretty big typo tho?... hopefully not wound back? Surely not tho.

2 hours ago, twro said:

I saw it there a couple of weeks ago, the colour is gorgeous. I only had a quick peek through the window but the interior leather looked tidy.

The price seems kinda outrageously high for a Tip? Is a Vesuvio Edition a particularly desirable collectible?

I don't think it being a Vesuvio edition commands $40 K above market average for a tiptronic

Maybe the photos from the 202000km listed car was old photos from a different car? 

The leather seats in the 202000km car were really rough and worn ,nothing like the 114000km car

On 16/03/2022 at 13:30, 911virgin said:

i thought only the S came with the twin grill?

Yes - I have one and also thinks that’s the case - it’s a very cool feature! 

15 hours ago, twro said:

Is a Vesuvio Edition a particularly desirable collectible?

Not that I’m aware either…

55 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Yep. Same engine. 

there is another identical spec one floating around with big k’s on it. This one looks to be a different car. 

This is the one that had large k’s.  Think it was $100k in 2019. 

52389621-7050-4A05-A0EF-0E4D5EEA92EB.png

BC429F68-5FBB-4C61-97A4-CC8321B0E688.png

Maybe this one with big KMs on it was the one initially listed on Duttons? $100k in 2019 seems awfully cheap......average price for C2s then we're at least $150k.

Where did you see it for sale?

On 16/03/2022 at 18:45, Burgerman said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/OAG-AD-20537480/?Cr=5

I like the look of it, not for 200k but it presents well

On 16/03/2022 at 18:45, Burgerman said:

I thought that car was a member’s car from a few years ago but I could be wrong 

2 hours ago, 911virgin said:

23/3/22

Just listed on CS...97 ARCTIC SILVER C2 S , manual 58000kms with a turbo tail

Asking $396k😳

That’s a lovely looking 993 C2S - factory oem turbo tail too. Can’t fathom the low km. 
I believe a couple of manual c2s / c4s sold before hitting the market in the last 6 months at around 330 / 340 pre Xmas.  
Silver 993 C2S

1 hour ago, 09ELF said:

What is with the blue UK import c4s for $245k (Carsales). Seems like alot of value if this moved close to 400k

Seems like a very well positioned car .. I have actually spoken to the owner .. always the question if they will show some minimal rust .. Uk cars seem to settle corrosion wise after a few years here in the heat and humidty and  but you can easy fix that .

Thats the pick of cars in manual ,  good exhaust they sound mean and tune em even better ,  I have punched out quite a few laps in one of these and spent some days happily sliding around in one of those in a skid pan.. 

That arse too...

My god maybe I should buy it ;)   No affiliation