993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

Autohaus did sell a silver manual C2S 70000kms for $320k in 2021..... sold within one to two days of listing

Could even be in this thread earlier if memory serves me correctly

7 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

And just popped up as sold on CS.  That was quick assuming a true sale. Looked bloody nice.

So Duttons asking $290k for a tiptronic C2S Seems like reasonable pricing?

If a manual albeit with very low KMs sells for $396k?

On 25/03/2022 at 21:39, 911virgin said:

25/3/22 just listed on CS

94 CARRERA manual black 119000MILES,

UK import, SA Seller

Asking $234k

Sunroof doesn’t work, no problem for me but at this price…. No aircon, missing pump in engine bay.  Cleve is on west coast, country miles, probably lives on a farm. Lotsa dough for a UK import. 

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Sunroof doesn’t work, no problem for me but at this price…. No aircon, missing pump in engine bay.  Cleve is on west coast, country miles, probably lives on a farm. Lotsa dough for a UK import. 

You've done some reconnonisance on this car already!

It is a high ask especially given 119000 miles and hasn't had an engine rebuild

8 hours ago, 911virgin said:

You've done some reconnonisance on this car already!

It is a high ask especially given 119000 miles and hasn't had an engine rebuild

Just what info is in the ad. Always interested what's for sale in 911 world, whether to update or to backdate. Or just be happy with what i have😀

On 25/03/2022 at 22:09, 911virgin said:

25/3/22 just listed on CS

94 CARRERA manual black 119000MILES,

UK import, SA Seller

Asking $234k

Is this the same car?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-911-993-carrera

Looked like he just bought it from the UK for sale. Anyone got a hook up who can get me a UK car within 3 months of purchase. Great turnaround

3 hours ago, 09ELF said:

Is this the same car?

Same car.  Didn't even bother taking new photos!

Sold for £67,500 (AUD $118,000) on 13th December 2021

Now for sale in Australia for $234,500

Seems like a nice markup if the owner can fetch it.

Agree with @09ELF, seems like extremely quick turnaround to buy, ship, check, register etc the car from the UK to here - kudos to the buyer / importer!

6 hours ago, twro said:

Agree with @09ELF, seems like extremely quick turnaround to buy, ship, check, register etc the car from the UK to here - kudos to the buyer / importer!

What's the approximate cost to import a car from the UK?

Is the cost the same for HK OR DOES it vary from country to country?

2 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

Matt stoupas just listed 28/3/22

A blue 95 Carrera manual 100000kms,Oz delivered.beige interior.

Looks in very nice condition

Asking $220k

Saw that before it looks immaculate 

2 hours ago, 911virgin said:

What's the approximate cost to import a car from the UK?

Is the cost the same for HK OR DOES it vary from country to country?

There are calculators around to work out the cost.

It's probably cheaper for the freight part from HK.  But the freight part of a $200k car is a rounding error - the tax bill will be the lions share of the cost.

3 months is very fast - you'd have to be connected to get that sort of priority I think!

31 minutes ago, Coastr said:

There are calculators around to work out the cost.

It's probably cheaper for the freight part from HK.  But the freight part of a $200k car is a rounding error - the tax bill will be the lions share of the cost.

3 months is very fast - you'd have to be connected to get that sort of priority I think!

Very likely connected.....superfast turnaround during the covid delayed shipping times

9 hours ago, twro said:

It must’ve been driven here…mileage on the CC auction is 108k miles, the Carsales ad says 124k (km). Now, either it’s done 16k miles in 3 months, it’s had a clock change on arrival here for one with *significantly* less km (108k miles is 173k km), or it’s not here yet / scam advert. Many things don’t add up, I’d be asking to see evidence of the new yellow import sticker.

Getting it here and registered in 3 months isn’t impossible, but it’s not easy either.

18 hours ago, mc968cs said:

That was the ask price for a 993 turbo in 2020!

Alex Holland classic cars sold a car with the same colour and spec about a year ago ,also a manual.

This one looks in nice condition

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Summon said:

We have just listed a white 993 Carrera coupe auto for sale, details are here. Happy to answer any questions.

General question. All thing being equal, would an auto aus delivered 993 be worth less or more than an equivalent manual import? I’ve got a very tidy UK manual 993 that id let go at around the price of the auto car above 

2 hours ago, Sepand said:

General question. All thing being equal, would an auto aus delivered 993 be worth less or more than an equivalent manual import? I’ve got a very tidy UK manual 993 that is let go at the price of the auto car above 

I dont agree .. but imports in my experience still getting slugged 10-30%.. even for ROW RHD cars that arent from UK and the feared salt roads and the R swearword Rust outlook.

Im a pomme in Aus , we all know they are the same cars .. but the conservative Aus car buyers talk a big game of being brave but arent really and the  import market is much smaller in appeal.    

I work on if you want to drive em .. who knows where they came by and all have german dna..

I suggest to many , buy well and spend the buy in $ differential on fuel and you will get smiles for many miles .. or is that kilometers 

So simple math ,baseline  aus manual   

auto for me  - 20-25% , 

Tips -10-20 %,

Import  -10-30%