993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

3 hours ago, JLD said:

The seller is pretty cagey about the import status. That's probably why it keeps being sold then available again

No under body shots and the seller is very slow and vague in answering questions.  Lots of red flags for what should be an easy transaction.

17 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Speedo in MPH so most likely a UK car

Oh he's said it's from the UK, but won't put up a photo of the import plate and just keeps saying 'it's complied'. Read the comments at the bottom of the listing!

34 minutes ago, JLD said:

Oh he's said it's from the UK, but won't put up a photo of the import plate and just keeps saying 'it's complied'. Read the comments at the bottom of the listing!

Either  the cars Dodgey or the seller is Dodgey, I find it hard to comprehend the behaviour of some sellers 🤔

27 minutes ago, HWY said:

Seems like a reasonable price considering it is being bought with unknown history. At least the seller was realistic.

The price did end up reasonable. Being a manual , if you dropped 30K on it to fix it up you'd still be OK. There's rust on the car, not sure to the extent but if you look at the pic of the passenger side mirror that shows the VIN there's a rust bubble under the windscreen stamp. Total lotto on that one I reckon.

4 hours ago, another.adam said:

That is a pretty shitty benchmark to use mate. It is a UK import which is worth 30-50% less than an Aussie delivered car. This one is still way too overpriced and they sit around for ages. 🙈

11 hours ago, 911virgin said:

That white 993 manual with 109kms sold within 24 hours because it was low KMs AND about $45- 75k below what manual examples have been selling for in the last year( after the crazy pandemic price correction).

Lucky buyer got a great price

I don’t follow 993s but if they’re like the Porsches I do, I have to ask, was it that far below what they’re “selling for”, or just below what they’re “listing and delisting over and over for two years without ever actually selling for”? 😂

3 hours ago, JWM said:

I don’t follow 993s but if they’re like the Porsches I do, I have to ask, was it that far below what they’re “selling for”, or just below what they’re “listing and delisting over and over for two years without ever actually selling for”? 😂

If anyone dropped 250k for a narrow body 993 they would have overpaid big time, even during 2022’s peak. They had been moving at 180-220k depending on condition, varioram etc.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

2 neat looking 993s 

1 is Aussie delivered with high ks the other is a UK delivered with lower ks 

both cars seem like they have been cared for , what are your thoughts on these two cars / pricing ? 

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

2 hours ago, T435 said:

2 neat looking 993s 

1 is Aussie delivered with high ks the other is a UK delivered with lower ks 

both cars seem like they have been cared for , what are your thoughts on these two cars / pricing ? 

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

My 2 cents here:

1. always buy on condition in the first instance.
2. then, always get an independent PPI, no matter who has looked after the car.

If they are both similar, with recent rebuilds. I would still take the aust delivered car anyday. (Yes some ppl may shoot me!) My reasoning behind this, having just had a car sold by a dealer for me, they are far far easier to move, despite the higher entry price.