993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

36 minutes ago, JB911 said:

What at terrible advertisement!! No relevant/detailed information for likely buyers regarding history, servicing, condition, etc. 

FEATURES THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE 🤮

Surprisingly cheap for a manual 993 these days - buyer did well 😁

I emailed the seller of the Carrera S with a list of the standard important questions and after one week have received no reply🤷

37 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

I emailed the seller of the Carrera S with a list of the standard important questions and after one week have received no reply🤷

Did you happen to ask if your family would enjoy the doughy auto trans and being $300k poorer? 

2 hours ago, JB911 said:

What at terrible advertisement!! No relevant/detailed information for likely buyers regarding history, servicing, condition, etc. 

FEATURES THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE 🤮

Surprisingly cheap for a manual 993 these days - buyer did well 😁

I actually think these online auctions sites seem to undersell quite a bit, I would suggest that the business are pretty pushy on a low or conservative reserve. Obviously not all sell cheap, but I've definitely seen a couple go well below "market rate" would be

• 4 weeks later...

"1996 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 993 Manual AWD" https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-carrera-4s-993-manual-awd/SSE-AD-14197158?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-14197158

Seeing a few 911's for sale on CS recently imported from sth Africa .....YTG  CARS has a similar car in white and they are asking about 90k more.

Anyone owned a sth African  imported 911?

I’ve seen some good SA cars and seen some bad. Very car specific. 

A few Sydney guys have recently brought a whole bunch to Aust (15-20?). Favourable Rand amongst other helpful factors. They also didn’t seem to get the Covid bump we got here. 

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

I’ve seen some good SA cars and seen some bad. Very car specific. 

A few Sydney guys have recently brought a whole bunch to Aust (15-20?). Favourable Rand amongst other helpful factors. They also didn’t seem to get the Covid bump we got here. 

Yes some big margins ..even with a dent in max resale price for being a dirty import.  I have seen a SA  car at a local meet and looked just fine , you wouldnt know, I had a look underneath, around rubbers and under bonnet and engine bay and it didnt seem to show any particular wear,  also on running gear just like any car and was supposedly an original build.  My review not so scientific but each country kinda looks different in my own experience if not restored on running gear and even grime although all have been cleaned for import. I have had UK, HK , US and LHD cars worthy of note contrary to the folklore,  many of the UK models are also pampered and clean and kept inside during the salty seasons ..

I wide body 993 NA worked to the nuts and a growly cam and exhaust would be my fancy and seems like an ok prospect if you can find one..gotta love a TT and they are crazy priced here but margins aside a spoilerless 993 just up there in looks

I dont recall seeing you post one .. you need one ;)  A purple one 

8 hours ago, OBRUT said:

A purple 993 would be fun - only a/c 911 I haven’t had. 

There is a lovely green over green 993TT that I fancy though…

There is a nice Aussie del silver with green interior that sold at Porschaden pre Covid for what now seems like a steal. 

2 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Are you in melb?

I've seen a BRG 993 turbo getting serviced at PCM......unsure of the interior colour

Can't be too many green 993 turbos around

I’m in Sydney. I know the (Melbourne) owner of the green/green TT. 

20 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Is it the only green 993 turbo in Oz? And is it Oz delivered?

Porschaden sold one a couple of years ago (green/green) - probably the same car and went for a steal (low 200’s from memory).

On 02/01/2023 at 10:36, tomk86 said:

Porschaden sold one a couple of years ago (green/green) - probably the same car and went for a steal (low 200’s from memory).

this is a green TTS Porschaden sold- the ask was a bit over $900k from memory

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9LwIn6FkGD/?hl=en

i dont recall a green 993 turbo with green interior being sold by them...........can you remember when that was? im scrolling through their IG...........

On 03/01/2023 at 13:57, 911virgin said:

this is a green TTS Porschaden sold- the ask was a bit over $900k from memory

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9LwIn6FkGD/?hl=en

i dont recall a green 993 turbo with green interior being sold by them...........can you remember when that was? im scrolling through their IG...........

My apologies, this is the car I had in mind got the exterior completely wrong. 

https://www.theporschaden.com.au/cars/1997-Porsche-911-Turbo-993-Manual-AWD

39 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

That is the one I was thinking of also. You would want to have a strong stomach for this - especially if you had a hangover. 

On 02/01/2023 at 10:36, tomk86 said:

Porschaden sold one a couple of years ago (green/green) 

On 03/01/2023 at 13:57, 911virgin said:

i dont recall a green 993 turbo with green interior being sold by them

52 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

@tomk86 hey Tom, I believe your first comment is correct.  I also recall a 993TT in Green with Green interior being listed for sale (Porschaden).  Definitely hard to stomach, but if you love green... 

@911virgin may have been either 2020 or 2021, but just a guess. I do recall it was talked about on this forum, so if you can be bothered scrolling through the last year or 2 of posts, you may find a reference. 

1 hour ago, Mondo74 said:

That white 993 manual in Perth looks good. 

I've been to see the car twice and yes it looks good on paper but if you are buying it, please note the car has signs that its been in a front end at some point. Its also been resprayed, closed door before but the paint is so oxidized, the prep or storage must have been so bad.  Basically be prepared to a full respray. 

3 hours ago, luzzo said:

@tomk86 hey Tom, I believe your first comment is correct.  I also recall a 993TT in Green with Green interior being listed for sale (Porschaden).  Definitely hard to stomach, but if you love green... 

@911virgin may have been either 2020 or 2021, but just a guess. I do recall it was talked about on this forum, so if you can be bothered scrolling through the last year or 2 of posts, you may find a reference. 

The date at the bottom of the porschaden page in the link says copyright 2020... So possibly 2020.... As you say $234k even in early 2020 was an absolute bargain......weren't 993 turbos selling for around $300-350k then?

I wonder why the silver / green turbo was so cheap?? It only had done 102000kms

20 hours ago, reggiegums said:

I've been to see the car twice and yes it looks good on paper but if you are buying it, please note the car has signs that its been in a front end at some point. Its also been resprayed, closed door before but the paint is so oxidized, the prep or storage must have been so bad.  Basically be prepared to a full respray. 

Utter madness.....