993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

3 hours ago, 911virgin said:

is the seller Paul Huggins classic cars?

looks like his shop..............he supposedly owns about 40 porsches

Yep, lots of cars. Probably a straight up guy but personally, for me, it just didn't sit right. I offered the asking price and offered to organise a flat bed to take it to Auto Coupe. Anyway if anyone wants a Targa and has a mobile mechanic, go for it.

14 hours ago, Ardyne said:

Yep, lots of cars. Probably a straight up guy but personally, for me, it just didn't sit right. I offered the asking price and offered to organise a flat bed to take it to Auto Coupe. Anyway if anyone wants a Targa and has a mobile mechanic, go for it.

Why wouldn't the seller allow the car to be driven to your mechanics shop? Why a flat bed?

I think you've done the right thing walking away......$118k for a manual Targa is way too cheap.....tips are selling $150k......PCB sold a beautiful condition black Targa within one week of listing.......it's much nicer than any of the t argas on carsales

3 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Why wouldn't the seller allow the car to be driven to your mechanics shop? Why a flat bed?

I think you've done the right thing walking away......$118k for a manual Targa is way too cheap.....tips are selling $150k......PCB sold a beautiful condition black Targa within one week of listing.......it's much nicer than any of the t argas on carsales

I was just trying to help, i really wanted it. Put it on a truck, take it down, get inspected. Thats all. Paul said hed fix issues and get it roadworthied. Never pushed for a deposit so who knows why it was too hard. Looking at a coupe now however with all the possible issues with a targa i love the design. Would have one in a heartbeat. Will let you know if i score the coupe.

3 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

What problems do you expect with a Targa? 

Lots of stuff over the net about parts availability and the lack of people with the skill and knowledge to fix issues. Its quite a complicated device. Thats all. Not enough to turn me off.

The Targa roof mechanism if it fails can be expensive to repair......parts difficult to get from Porsche and to get it fixed at Porsche could be a $10- 15k cost

Agree, it is a beautiful design, lets the sun in beautifully and imo looks better than the coupe.

There's four FS on CS now, all except the one at autohaus Hamilton look rough and needing work and their all tiptronics

Huggins has had an Oz delivered manual transmission one with 100000kms he's been trying to sell for three years. 

Price has varied between $225k low to $365k currently

If you are a DIY mechanic/owner they are easy to fix, all parts are available except for the blind & motors. My blind fabric was showing signs of wear so I remanufactured the blind portion with a 70% block out fabric    and some carbon bows to reduce the load on the roller spring. Its only a matter of removing all of the covers and checking that all of the slides are intact. I am currently converting a Cab to a Targa and do not have the motors so I will be locking the glass in place and manufacturing a carbon sliding screen. As for the car mentioned above if the transmission & engine are in good order and the body is straight than for $118k and it being a manual its a bargain, ( I have both Man and Tip and find the tip a better drive). Throw at 7k (DIY) at it and replace the interior (25yr old cars smell) with new a carpet set and seat set from Lakewell, speakers, radio etc and you will have a fantastic car. If the roof doesn’t work than consider that you have a glass roof coupe. Those 10k repair costs have been slowly exaggerated over the years. My suggestion is to take your mechanic to site drive it, inspect it, buy it, if it doesn’t work out sell it. Expecting a 5 star report on a 25yr old car is wishful thinking. 

4 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

If you are a DIY mechanic/owner they are easy to fix, all parts are available except for the blind & motors. My blind fabric was showing signs of wear so I remanufactured the blind portion with a 70% block out fabric    and some carbon bows to reduce the load on the roller spring. Its only a matter of removing all of the covers and checking that all of the slides are intact. I am currently converting a Cab to a Targa and do not have the motors so I will be locking the glass in place and manufacturing a carbon sliding screen. As for the car mentioned above if the transmission & engine are in good order and the body is straight than for $118k and it being a manual its a bargain, ( I have both Man and Tip and find the tip a better drive). Throw at 7k (DIY) at it and replace the interior (25yr old cars smell) with new a carpet set and seat set from Lakewell, speakers, radio etc and you will have a fantastic car. If the roof doesn’t work than consider that you have a glass roof coupe. Those 10k repair costs have been slowly exaggerated over the years. My suggestion is to take your mechanic to site drive it, inspect it, buy it, if it doesn’t work out sell it. Expecting a 5 star report on a 25yr old car is wishful thinking. 

No issue with price, i wasnt comfortable with the behaviour of the parties involved, thats all. Once again, i prefer targas, price was great, not expecting 5 stars but if getting it shipped to my mech 8ks away at my expense is too hard then i dont want to know about it. Theres a bargain there if someone is willing to pursue it i guess.

6 minutes ago, Ardyne said:

No issue with price, i wasnt comfortable with the behaviour of the parties involved, thats all. Once again, i prefer targas, price was great, not expecting 5 stars but if getting it shipped to my mech 8ks away at my expense is too hard then i dont want to know about it. Theres a bargain there if someone is willing to pursue it i guess.

Definitely odd behaviour for a person trying to sell a car🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2023 at 11:17, Ardyne said:

I was just trying to help, i really wanted it. Put it on a truck, take it down, get inspected. Thats all. Paul said hed fix issues and get it roadworthied. Never pushed for a deposit so who knows why it was too hard. Looking at a coupe now however with all the possible issues with a targa i love the design. Would have one in a heartbeat. Will let you know if i score the coupe.

Got the coupe

20230629_124029.jpg

5 hours ago, tomk86 said:

Haven’t seen one of these advertised for a while…what a car 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-rs-touring-993-manual/OAG-AD-22171741

That is at Parra. Saw it when I was in there the other day, had "display purposes only" on it when I was there though (this is Friday last week).

20230630_091337.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1997-porsche-911-993-targa-11

$99k with a day to run. Nice pair of Pirelli winter tyres on the back…

993 Turbot in HK coming up on CC as well

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-porsche-911-993-turbo-11

Low km, drivers seat needs some love.

On 13/08/2023 at 09:51, Mike-S said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1997-porsche-911-993-targa-11

$99k with a day to run. Nice pair of Pirelli winter tyres on the back…

993 Turbot in HK coming up on CC as well

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-porsche-911-993-turbo-11

Low km, drivers seat needs some love.

The seller is pretty cagey about the import status. That's probably why it keeps being sold then available again