993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

On 10/09/2021 at 11:33, WB997.2GTS said:

WTF,, 288k for a high mileage car. If I was offered $200k for my freshly rebuilt 993 Targa (113klm) I would consider selling. 

Not knocking your car at all - but i think the atmospheric asking prices (note ASKING) are reserved for the WB versions at this point......

And I agree - biiiig $$ for a N/A tipper

18 hours ago, tomk86 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/SSE-AD-7404410

Seems to be a well priced manual coupe with full rebuild 

I wonder though why the full rebuild .. im not knocking the car or actually even speculating.. but generally these motors strong for way more ... 964 motor and 993 motor are just as good as SC/3.2 G body if not better .. albeit 964 was a weeper

1 hour ago, symsy said:

I wonder though why the full rebuild .. im not knocking the car or actually even speculating.. but generally these motors strong for way more ... 964 motor and 993 motor are just as good as SC/3.2 G body if not better .. albeit 964 was a weeper

True - although 993’s are known to leak as well (through bolts) which is an engine out job if it is something really bothers an owner. I would have thought a top end refresh would be enough though if it was lacking some HP.

• 2 months later...

On 29/11/2021 at 21:43, tomk86 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/SSE-AD-12004423

Not sure about this colour. Might have looked more presentable if the seller got the chamois out 

Lol - the only Porsche colour with "urine" in the name..... 

TBH - car looks nice - but IMHO looks a bit bland for me......

As for the chamois - just covering up the fact it needs paint correction and a polish!

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

Lol - the only Porsche colour with "urine" in the name..... 

TBH - can look nice - but IMHO looks a bit bland for me......

As for the chamois - just covering up the fact it needs paint correction and a polish!

My 993 was Adventurine green, I hated the colour so had it painted Forest Green metallic. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/03/2022 at 21:45, 911virgin said:

Wow

How many manual 993 Carrera S were delivered to Oz?

Few few , I looked at them for a while I had the data but cant find it , I have a rough recollection of 21 manual cars and without spoiler they look soooo good .       I know there was possibly a black and a dark blue one at the Porsche Driving school for a while and also a red turbos at mount cotton, I think there are some crazy count, like 105 turbos.

16 hours ago, 911virgin said:

I've Seen a black one in manual on someone's Instagram in Melbourne, can't remember the IG name though.

Also in 2019, a dark blue one with 35000km sold at PCM FOR $ 250k the day it was advertised.

I know of a really nice blue 993 4S that doesn't have the twin grill. I've asked him if he wants to sell but he didn't seem very keen