WTB: RHD 914 2.0 with fuel injection

To be fair he may not know there's a wanted section. I actually misread @Jonathan's post and thought it was him asking how to place an ad without paying... oops

I think with the number of high caliber and really really ridiculously good looking users we have, it's a pretty good resource. If you take into account the 'six degrees of separation', I'm pretty sure we have a reach that covers most of the Porsche culture in Australia. Worth the price.

Wow, what a great welcome!    :o

Before I posted, I took the time to read the guidelines and what was included in membership and I couldn't see anything about restrictions around WTB posts.  I certainly spotted the "do not spam blatant commercial ads" etc.  It was getting late in "Pom-Land", so maybe I missed it?  I just assumed it would take a few hours for the Mod to set my account to be unrestricted.

I'm a fully paid up member of Rennlist, a past member of s2ki.com and in my spare time also collect watches.  On the latter, I have NEVER had an issue posting a WTB message without being a fully paid up member.  Again, if I was a commercial entity, then I could understand it.

And thinking about the social-only aspect of this site, if it's all about Pom-bashing and Sledging, then it's not for me anyway!  As for being called a "C", words fail me.  :wacko:

But I can see that from the quality of your banner advertising (not) that you have the right idea around growing this site to be an international (and money making enterprise), so best of luck! 

Probably a Scotsman & you know what they say about them, short arms & long pockets:lol: 

Ummm, and I can only surmise that you wear a hat with corks around the brim, only drink the "amber nectar" and fight crocodiles every evening?  Put a prawn on the barby mate!

tough crowd... 

The way I choose to look at it, is that he wants to buy a car so if someone here has the right car, they can hopefully make a good dollar/profit out of him. 

Is PFA that much of a resource? 

Perhaps socially... but like most of us, I use PP and Rennlist for tech articles and how-to instructions.

PFA has it's place - it appears to me to be more of a social website..  Take the piss out of your real and virtual mates. Post videos and links to every car that is for sale on carsales, ebay and gumtree, and then shoot them down in flames.. or if it belongs to someone on the forum, then say "GLWS" or "if I had the money I would buy it".. etc etc

Don't get me wrong, I pay for PFA to help keep it running, I believe it is worth it.  I have met some decent people on here, and figured out whom to avoid at the same time.

To the original poster; JohnnyUK, I hope you do find a car and I really hope you post more than twice on here. Don't be a C... tell us about yourself, what cars you have, your experience, etc etc.. 

I wonder what the reaction will be to this post... do I click the "submit reply" button or not?????????

Really?

C is a term of endearment here in Aust Johnny so don't take it too hard - just bonding maaate! Good luck with the search, someone here might have something......

It actually is half  "about Pom-bashing and Sledging", given the chance!

" I can only surmise that you wear a hat with corks around the brim, only drink the "amber nectar" and fight crocodiles every evening?  Put a prawn on the barby mate!"

Johnny how did ya know? 

Image result for ockers around bbq

no not really. Was trying to be controversially humorous.. I failed. 

I thought you may have been, yes a little fail.

Mike & I have exchanged pleasantries privately - all friends now!  :Beer:

Very well carry on.

As I just said to Mike....

I think it was waking up to an inbox of flaming posts, when I was HOPING for some decent info! 

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but the C word is still pretty unused in the UK, but cropping up more & more on TV shows...:o

Anyway, anyone know of a decent RHD 914?  :Evil:

C is a term of endearment here in Aust Johnny so don't take it too hard.....

The male C word may well be a term of endearment (similar to d1k hed) but not the female 'C' word....it's definitely not a term of endearment.

Anyway, all is now okay between them.

Just about time this subject got aired and resolved ..  subtle hints given , political banter slung around .. even abusive commentary of the past has been recognised.

Mods can we get clear line for all please.. or maybe we can open a discusion thread on what would be done to best get the great work and content on here,  honoured.  Let see what people will pay for 

Im a public advocate of paying.. As a wise man just said to me when visting to buy a new crash helmet " We are a motorsport shop, people who play in motorsport aint poor"  .   He continued with " I provide good product information , choice , access to try and view , shouldn't I be paid for that ?"

Maybe the same can be said about Porsches???

I for one would be happy to see greater functionality, support given to the forum , even recognition to the time moderators, infrastructure team spend in some way.. to make the PFA better.

And as for the poster of the request  .. what would he know ?  Give the dude a break! Give out some clear guidelines.

C word CLARITY  

C word CONTRIBUTIONISM

On behalf of the PFA community I apologise that a couple of the members greated you with a less than warming welcome. 

This is a relatively young forum compared to the likes of Rennlist and the fact that we have a number of international members is very exciting. 

Hopefully we are now past all the awkwardness and the humour we have developed here in the colony is something you'll warm to! 

Welcome. 

Archived