Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 /  PJB71RR5

Oldmxnut – GT Silver / Touring / Manual / Mar 18 / PJXR4R31

Ntg -   TBC / Wing / Manual / Jun 18 / TBC

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, Joe said:

Oh definitely yes, I'm looking for a .1 GT3. Just lost my patient and concern about depreciation. I know .1 will dep and dep but still in the budget range. Actually GT3 is not like R, which Porsche won't allow you to flip the allocation (R buyer sign a contract with no flipping in 1 year). There won't be any penalty or judgement from dealer side as well for GT car. I went to a dealer which have 100km odo GT4 and boxter sypder, dealer says the buyer just flip it after driving back home... Well, R is R, but the rest will never be a R.

I wasn’t asked to sign any no-flipping contract when I bought my R. A friend who also bought an R sold his within weeks of getting it.

I am an expat living in Europe who recently joined this forum. 

I have been enjoying my GT3.2 since I took delivery three months ago. I have already put 8,000 kms on the clock including 4 track days. It's an awesome car that will be well worth the wait for those of you in the queue. It was supposed to replace my GT3.1 but right now, I cannot sell for love or money. I have dropped my price to the equivalent of $AUD170K and it's still not moving. Market is flooded with owners of GT3.1 taking delivery of their new .2 just like me. So fo rthe time being I have two GT3s in the garage.

I am moving back home later next year and would love to bring them with me but sadly being LHD,.......  So I have been talking to Porsche over here about ordering an OZ spec GT3.2 RS for delivery in June next year. I am first on my dealers list for a GT3.2 RS so want to swap my to a RHD.

I would love to post some photos of my GT3s, but it seems the photo posting policy of this forum in archaic. Am used to forums like Rennlist where you can post photos to your hearts content if you have the right membership.

3 hours ago, WGA said:

the photo posting policy of this forum in archaic. Am used to forums like Rennlist where you can post photos to your hearts content if you have the right membership.

We're quite fond of the just renovated, archaic forum and the archaic bearded Gent who curates it.

@Kerry

Been discussed a bit round these parts, its not a technology issue with the site, its more a 'welcome to Australia' problem. High cost of serving data from Australia and keeping the costs as low as possible to maximise inclusiveness on the forum. Or at least thats my understanding of it.

9 hours ago, WGA said:

I am an expat living in Europe who recently joined this forum. 

I have been enjoying my GT3.2 since I took delivery three months ago. I have already put 8,000 kms on the clock including 4 track days. It's an awesome car that will be well worth the wait for those of you in the queue. It was supposed to replace my GT3.1 but right now, I cannot sell for love or money. I have dropped my price to the equivalent of $AUD170K and it's still not moving. Market is flooded with owners of GT3.1 taking delivery of their new .2 just like me. So fo rthe time being I have two GT3s in the garage.

I am moving back home later next year and would love to bring them with me but sadly being LHD,.......  So I have been talking to Porsche over here about ordering an OZ spec GT3.2 RS for delivery in June next year. I am first on my dealers list for a GT3.2 RS so want to swap my to a RHD.

I would love to post some photos of my GT3s, but it seems the photo posting policy of this forum in archaic. Am used to forums like Rennlist where you can post photos to your hearts content if you have the right membership.

Welcome !.   Whats some details on your .2 ?  Manual ? colour ?     Will be interesting to see how you go with a RHD delivery in Belgium then shipping to Aus.  I assume will be fairly cost effective to do that way ?  Im imagining the .2 RS will be close to $500 optioned up here.

18 hours ago, mhh said:

No. I’ve got a 991.1 RS and I’ll probably trade that on the GT2 RS.

Actually wonder if a few are in similar position, the line for the 3RS might not be a long as some of the others. I was imagining it would be worse the the gt3 but may not be.  

40 minutes ago, Oldmxnut said:

Welcome !.   Whats some details on your .2 ?  Manual ? colour ?     Will be interesting to see how you go with a RHD delivery in Belgium then shipping to Aus.  I assume will be fairly cost effective to do that way ?  Im imagining the .2 RS will be close to $500 optioned up here.

Actually wonder if a few are in similar position, the line for the 3RS might not be a long as some of the others. I was imagining it would be worse the the gt3 but may not be.  

White PDK, black wheels, Clubsport, folding buckets, carbon trim, red dial and belts, red stitching, full leather, etc. Tiny picture attached. That’s all it would let me upload.

7A0AFCAC-27BD-4A83-8D6C-F009AEFC179F.jpeg

9 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

It will probably be $450k base, wasn't the last one $450 with some options? My .2 is pushing 400 without carbon ceramics.

There was a red GT3.2 at Spa a couple of weeks back.  Too caught up in my own driving, I forgot to go check it out and see what shifter was between the chairs.

On 22 November 2017 at 1:25 PM, Kerry said:

@KGB :D You never know what might be coming for Xmas!

I had a chuckle at your footer - when the forum curator has the image replaced with Photo bucket's 3rd party hosting cash grab message, were all screwed?  Certainly would be nice to be able to directly post images like on FB. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news for me, had an update yesterday on my December build (Touring / GT silver) which for some reason has now been pushed out to late January build. So probably won't see car until April/May now. Good news by definition it extends the lock in time, so Ive changed the spec all around on him and considering chalk/Crayon (again)!!   

Build I'm considering locking now is: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUUG4T0   I like GT silver, but as I was looking to have something a bit unique.  Bit OCD I know...

Good news with my confirmation of a February  build allocation yesterday.I have a few more days to lock in the colour but will be either Miami or Carmine,it's going to loud either way!

15 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

sounds loud ntg. Going black wheels or silver ?  Remember to shoot us a build code when you lock it in.

Miami blue is the likely colour with silver wheels,leather interior and buckets.Standard xenon lights and maybe Bose if I can justify it.The boxes can be ticked at an alarming rate?

saw /heard a beautiful Rhodium Silver,standard silver wheels delivery at the Gold Coast on Thursday,wonderful car in the flesh and snuck into pc Brisbane Friday  for a look at that red one with black wheels to compare,all I can say is they'll look amazing in any colour 

Saw the red one in Brisbane myself as well on Thursday. Your right, no reason to over think colours, as the shape is classic.  From the side the front has more of a point then the .1  But I think the wing is an improvement in looks over the gen 1. 

Update on PFA / GT3 's incoming.  Any others ?

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Feb 18 /  PJB71RR5

Oldmxnut – Chalk / Touring / Manual / May 18 / PJUUG4T0

Ntg -   Miami Blue / Wing / Manual / April 18 / 

Joe -  TBA

Archived